Toys R Us Magna Carta 2 $19.99

lol was just going to post a topic about this but you beat me to the punch. I'd definately go for it, but I technically got a free one courtesy of Gamestop :bouncy:

Shipping sort of kills it.

I was looking at that earlier as well, but decided it wasn't a great deal since the shipping was so hefty.

Wouldn't mind checking for that in-store, but they don't make it very easy:

This item does not participate in the check store inventory feature
I didn't know the items had a choice...

Yeah, unfortunately shipping and sales tax(for me, anyways) bumped it up over $26. Any idea if this is available in store for $20? If so, I'll certainly go pick it up, but for a game that seems to have been critically underwhelming, I don't feel the need to bite at $26.

[quote name='wasurenai']For what it's worth, they're running a free shipping deal if you buy $49 or more.[/QUOTE]

After adding 3 copies, free shipping still does not apply. Shipping and taxes kills it for me. I'll check my local store when I get the chance and will report back if its $19.99 in store.

just called my local TRU and the clerk said none of the stores near their area (Pleasant Hill, CA) have this game in stock...only the website has the game...

thanks op, just ordered online, been waitin for a price drop. Had that $15 dollar giftcard from the DQ 9 sale.

Hmm. I just got a used copy from GS and it's in less than stellar condition. Maybe I should return it and do this instead. Not like I'll be playing it any time soon.

[quote name='mitnosi']Isn't the shipping like 5 bucks for a game?[/QUOTE]

Price match it at BB/Target/Walmart bypass the shipping altogether if you can get it at BB that gamers points

[quote name='romeogbs19']One of the worst endings I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

seriously? why talk about the ending? i've been wanting to play that game and i'm going to have to ignore this post when I finally get

[quote name='Gbear09']seriously? why talk about the ending? i've been wanting to play that game and i'm going to have to ignore this post when I finally get[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he TOTALLY ruined it!

[quote name='Enuf']Price match it at BB/Target/Walmart bypass the shipping altogether if you can get it at BB that gamers points[/QUOTE]
Will walmart price match an online ad though?

How is this game? There is no Metacritic score for this game that I can find. I'm hesitant because Namco Bandai games are so hit or miss.

[quote name='ckonze']How is this game? There is no Metacritic score for this game that I can find. I'm hesitant because Namco Bandai games are so hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention NB likes to do timed exclusives. I, personally, don't want to buy a game only to have a new version pop up a year later with extra features. Anyways, it's scores average at about 6.9 so I'd probably say this is one of Namco's "misses".

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/773/773918/articles.html#reviews

[quote name='Blazncheetah']Did they ever translate Magna Carta 1?
I remember some of the purty artwork from years ago[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it came out on the PS2 awhile ago. My friend actually has a copy...however, if you want to purchase it nowadays, it's really rare, thus...expensive.

[quote name='blahtastic']Not to mention NB likes to do timed exclusives. I, personally, don't want to buy a game only to have a new version pop up a year later with extra features. Anyways, it's scores average at about 6.9 so I'd probably say this is one of Namco's "misses".

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/773/773918/articles.html#reviews[/QUOTE]

Tales isn't coming to the PS3 in the US. Eternal Sonata was fine without the worthless extras on the PS3.

Not sure if you're the culprit of this myth in every Namco-Bandai thread, but Eternal Sonata does not mean it happens with everything. Take into account that they didn't have any impact on the development of this one, I'm not sure where the foul in $20 is?

Edit: Turns out you are. Yes, I'm aware TOV came out on PS3 in Japan. Lots of games do. Bandi Namco is going to release as many of them as possible in Japan on the PS3 because of JRPGs that's still where the money is. Voice actors be damned, Tales came out almost 2 years ago. The timed release for the ONLY other example was 13 months (Eternal Sonata). Further, the notes from the voice actor was over a quarter ago. I won't believe TOV is coming for the PS3 until I see it. It's far too late to make any sort of money on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ckonze']How is this game? There is no Metacritic score for this game that I can find. I'm hesitant because Namco Bandai games are so hit or miss.[/QUOTE]

Personally I loved it, the story is pretty generic it reminds me of ps2 era rpg's stories but to be honest I was kind of craving something like that which is probably why I loved it so much. For $20 it's a steal, definitely one of the better rpgs I've played this gen it's a huge step up from the first Magna Carta game.

I bought it at $60 on release and like the above poster said the story is pretty generic but the combat system and music are just to awesome for words if your an rpg fan please give this game a chance it's a steal at $20

Great game. Well worth every penny at this price. If I didn't have a copy already in my collection, I would happily pay 30-40 for this game.

[quote name='blahtastic']I, personally, don't want to buy a game only to have a new version pop up a year later with extra features.[/QUOTE]
So how much fun are you having with that PS3 Vesperia NA release?

Besides, Magna Carta 2 is Unreal3. Everyone knows unreal3 and PS3 go together as well as oil and water. It ain't coming.

[quote name='Megafrog']Just got this price matched at Best Buy. I liked the first one so I am pretty sure I will like this too. . .[/QUOTE]

I dont see it on their website so I cant check in store availability. Do you have a url by any chance?

The game is excellent is pretty funny to at times. I actually like it more than FFXIII, no joke. It really help when a game give you someone you want to kick their ass personally if they exist in real life.

[quote name='blahtastic']Yeah, it came out on the PS2 awhile ago. My friend actually has a copy...however, if you want to purchase it nowadays, it's really rare, thus...expensive.[/QUOTE]

It's not *too* expensive. You can get a disc only copy for about 20. If you want a complete deluxe copy you can get lucky and get it for about that as well. I watched for 3-4 months and got the complete deluxe for only 24. However, the first is horrid.

[quote name='Enuf']Price match it at BB/Target/Walmart bypass the shipping altogether if you can get it at BB that gamers points[/QUOTE]

I don't think my BB/Walmart stores will even pm since they want a physical ad, and not just an online listing. My BB even calls the competing store to confirm availability.

I probably didn't play long enough b4 I traded it in but I just couldn't get into it...combat felt weird and the majority of the game spent for me was just running back and forth, taking ages to get through the city (with some loading pages) just to watch cut scenes...at $19.99 meh I don't think it's worth it.

Diamond in the rough. I certainly enjoyed it quite a bit and would buy the third one if it were to ever come out.

Unlike the PS2 Magna Carta 1 - that was guttah trash.

I really wanted a JRPG, went to Amazon to see how much this was there. Then I saw Amazon Warehouse had a copy of Tales of Vesperia for $21.99 so I picked that up.

Still want this game, but as far as I can tell, nowhere that will price match carries this game. Anyone have any luck? Im willing to pay $20 to give it a shot, but closer to $30 with shipping and tax where I am, not really worth my curiosity in this game.

I enjoyed the game when I bought it at full price, more than other games I had anticipated for a long time (FFXIII). I think this is a great price to enjoy the game, but as I haven't had the need to buy it again, I don't know what it goes for these days.

[quote name='mikeja72']I really wanted a JRPG, went to Amazon to see how much this was there. Then I saw Amazon Warehouse had a copy of Tales of Vesperia for $21.99 so I picked that up.

Still want this game, but as far as I can tell, nowhere that will price match carries this game. Anyone have any luck? Im willing to pay $20 to give it a shot, but closer to $30 with shipping and tax where I am, not really worth my curiosity in this game.[/QUOTE]

I used the 'tell us about a lower price' link on Amazon the other day with the TRU link. No drop yet, though.

[quote name='mikeja72']I really wanted a JRPG, went to Amazon to see how much this was there. Then I saw Amazon Warehouse had a copy of Tales of Vesperia for $21.99 so I picked that up.

Still want this game, but as far as I can tell, nowhere that will price match carries this game. Anyone have any luck? Im willing to pay $20 to give it a shot, but closer to $30 with shipping and tax where I am, not really worth my curiosity in this game.[/QUOTE]

It's a great game but be warned, it's not a JRPG. It's a KRPG.

Fantastic game. Got all 1250/1250 out of it. The different weapon styles for each character are great and the battle system is really fun to use. The characters themselves are pretty fun too.

bread's done
Back