Never feed GGT #34 after midnight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus_S_Preston

CAGiversary!
raynup.jpg

There's a lovely lady who requests your votes on The Tester. Rumor has it if you don't vote you are removed from the GGT mailing list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheska/KFD, can you post your voting link on this page somewhere so I don't have to hunt for it as much.

I'll make no comment about not getting JSP wet.:whistle2:#

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Okay, fuckers, I got UT3. We'd better play.

Now point me to some mods to d/l and install.[/QUOTE]

There's a mod browser in-game that collects the best ones. Otherwise, you need a PC copy to make PC mods compatible with PS3, afaik.

We should set up a time to play. Friday is looking pretty open for me right now. After that, my next available day might be next Wednesday.

People still play UT3 for PS3 online? If so let me know and I will pick it up on the cheap to play with u fine folks.

[quote name='Spyder187']People still play UT3 for PS3 online? If so let me know and I will pick it up on the cheap to play with u fine folks.[/QUOTE]

This gamestop sale had a lot of GGTers pick it up for

Yeah, I can't wait for more shitty Ubisoft themes to unlock. ;) How does an XBLA developer (Twisted Pixel) outdo a huge studio in giving away themes with their games?

The new Legends and Killers DLC for RDR looks pretty cool--nice to see characters from the first game showing up as skins...

Starcraft 2 is really impressive so far. Glad I played through the first one (read//watched the brood war story cause i got impatient) first. Gave some good context to the story. It runs pretty smooth on medium settings. I really don't want to play it on low but as the missions get bigger I might have to.

I got a badass setup for my laptop now, gonna play more PC games just because of that. Having it sitting on the coffee table in the living room was not ideal.

Any tips for keeping a laptop with dedicated graphics cool? After some SC2 my GPU temp was like 95 degrees. I used some compressed air and lots of dust got out, seems to run a little cooler now.

I've also got it on one of these
SVKue1jcXGtUSJmsA-VoG5jB5AJI1RGj8tLgqV31yuicsam-cOFKneSoS1WW1AnDiu4Nc-6QFDbwIDRtgG1dvTDsYPrOLJVzw9KOFA9AkcZGwjN-krKytJrQTOJSAK1s0f0qy-1xrIUfDfECF3pne2KHwt7TlDUKS2SnAGRMtnRag3zMrG5pEvpH0p_-GcCSZIOc

which I think should help it ventilate instead of sitting right on the desk. Plus it's nice to have it elevated and a USB Keyboard/mouse in front.

Would a small fan on the side help pull hot air away from the laptop? Like this?
6090-m.jpg

I hear those cooling stands are mostly bullshit and probably make things worse.

Just build a desktop if you're at all serious.

You could try one of those cooling pad things for laptops. Laptops with GPUs are a bitch to keep cool.

Also I think I will pick up UT3 on PS3 to play the game with you guys. $4 isn't so bad. I just think it'd make more sense to play the PC version.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Just build a desktop if you're at all serious.[/QUOTE]

lol practical solution.

If I had it to do over again I'd probably get a desktop but the laptop has had it's advantages.

But you're wanting to straight up convert it to a desktop, that's my point.

Laptops are nice for light work, but I'd never do anything heavy on them, simply due to heat and cost.

Get a cooling pad.

I just started PoP: Forgotten Sands and I adore it! I don't know what it is, but I love it sooooo much more than the last Prince game.

I've been gaming on my macbook pro dual core and it does get pretty hot so I use one of those pads with the usb powered fans.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I just started PoP: Forgotten Sands and I adore it! I don't know what it is, but I love it sooooo much more than the last Prince game.[/QUOTE]

:nottalking:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:nottalking:[/QUOTE]
Really? What's so bad about it? I mean, sure it's ridiculously simple and I have run into a lottttt of glitches, but I don't think it's that bad of a game. I'm a pretty big Prince fan though.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Really? What's so bad about it? I mean, sure it's ridiculously simple and I have run into a lottttt of glitches, but I don't think it's that bad of a game. I'm a pretty big Prince fan though.[/QUOTE]

Can't say, haven't played it -- but from gameplay videos and word of mouth, I don't think there's any way it would rate above PoP '08. PoP '08 is the only one I played more than once.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Really? What's so bad about it? I mean, sure it's ridiculously simple and I have run into a lottttt of glitches, but I don't think it's that bad of a game. I'm a pretty big Prince fan though.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k

Prince_PurpleRain.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Can't say, haven't played it -- but from gameplay videos and word of mouth, I don't think there's any way it would rate above PoP '08. PoP '08 is the only one I played more than once.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Your one of the few other people I've seen that liked PoP 08. Personally it was my favorite in the series.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Can't say, haven't played it -- but from gameplay videos and word of mouth, I don't think there's any way it would rate above PoP '08. PoP '08 is the only one I played more than once.[/QUOTE]
Really? I'm surprised. I really didn't like PoP 08, it didn't feel right to me. If you think that's the best then you won't like this at all, it's pretty much just Sands of Time and a new story. I like this Prince more and I love the gameplay.

[quote name='ihadFG']Nice. Your one of the few other people I've seen that liked PoP 08. Personally it was my favorite in the series.[/QUOTE]

I originally thought it was too easy... then I realized that I was just playing it the maklershed way... :lol:

I bought it for PS3 and played again. I love the artstyle. I got most of the trophies, including the under 100 deaths count... and that made the game much harder.

I didn't even realize until 75% of the way through the game that it was lacking the "rewind time" mechanic made famous in the earlier trilogy... which was kind of nice. I had fun trying to find the light seeds and never felt forced to collect as most of them were just along the paths you'd take for exploring.

Uhhh

WTF is up with the way people shower in Heavy Rain?

They just stand under the spray in the rape position for five seconds and get out.

Where go soap

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Uhhh

WTF is up with the way people shower in Heavy Rain?

They just stand under the spray in the rape position for five seconds and get out.

Where go soap[/QUOTE]

It's the future. It's not water, it's antibacterial mist!

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Really? I'm surprised. I really didn't like PoP 08, it didn't feel right to me. If you think that's the best then you won't like this at all, it's pretty much just Sands of Time and a new story. I like this Prince more and I love the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

I agree with it being like Sands of Time, the platforming is spot on. However, the combat... :puke:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
rain1.bmp
[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:That was good.

I forgot the names of every character Heavy Rain. I mean it was a really cool playthrough but the whole plot was pretty dull.

Was there a Nathan...? Or is that Uncharted messing with my head?

First of all, get the fuck out of here, spyder. Goddamn.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I forgot the names of every character Heavy Rain. I mean it was a really cool playthrough but the whole plot was pretty dull.

Was there a Nathan...? Or is that Uncharted messing with my head?[/QUOTE]

You're probably thinking of Ethan. Ethan, Norman Jayden, Scott Shelby, and Tits.

I was trying to post a youtube video but I screwed it all up. I deleted because I really dont know how to put videos into a post and it looked like shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back