wooooo! banned from Gamestop.com

dansoccerball

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
So i have been trying to find out for about two months now why every time I placed an order on gamestop.com it was canceled. Today I found out it was because I used too many coupons heres what I did my first order I bought a game and used a 20$ coupon that gamestop customer reps sent me for my order troubles. They did not say I cannot combine it with any other offer or anything so I used the 20$ off and then after I placed the order I emailed them and told them my 10$ coupon did not apply for some reason so then they just sent me a 10$ giftcard however when I got an email back instead of them just sending me a giftcard you think they would of said these are not suppose to stack? anyway 3 orders later im banned :( and now loling fuck gamestop!!! they could have least gave me a warning but noooooo

Sorry, but I have a feeling you did more than this to get banned form GS.com. Generally, they ban people who they feel are resellers. Plenty of people on here have tried to take advantages of glitches or stacking things that aren't suppose to stack, and the worst that has happened is the orders are canceled.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Did you at least try to make a new account?[/QUOTE]

Yea I did and it got canceled oh well I only
Have a 200$ gamestop giftcard what ever wi I do with it I wonder what corporate would say? Yes I do hate gamestop however sometimes they have good deals or glitches in their system.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Sorry, but I have a feeling you did more than this to get banned form GS.com. Generally, they ban people who they feel are resellers. Plenty of people on here have tried to take advantages of glitches or stacking things that aren't suppose to stack, and the worst that has happened is the orders are canceled.[/QUOTE]

Nope I swear that's all I did I placed about four orders with a 20$ off coupo and 10$ off coupon that wouldn't apply and then emailed gamestop an told them it wouldn't apply or I forgot to apply it and they just sent me a giftcard

If you order too much merchandise over a certain period of time then their anti-fraud system will automatically ban you. So, basically, they penalize you for spending too much money there.

[quote name='Rozz']If you order too much merchandise over a certain period of time then their anti-fraud system will automatically ban you. So, basically, they penalize you for spending too much money there.[/QUOTE]

Now that I look at it I placed like 7 orders within one month that's lame

I'm a bit suspicious too... I had never used GS.com before until they had that crazy stackable code issue back in April. I went nuts then, during the promotion that followed (with the $10 coupons they were giving to all sorts of games) and even recently with that B80G20 deal they had that worked on preorders. Between the three of these deals I've probably spent about $800 at gamestop, but I've still yet to be banned, despite the fact that all the deals were glitches that sort of fell through the cracks. In May they put some of my orders in a temporary hold, as someone mentioned their security buzzers went off since a new buyer was making a crapton of purchases, but they never banned me, they just sent me an email asking me to call so I could confirm my info. So either I'm long overdue for my gs.com "sneaky buyer audit", or there's more going on here. Do you return alot of stuff in-store? I get the feeling they're cracking down that pretty hard.

[quote name='eastshore4']I'm a bit suspicious too... I had never used GS.com before until they had that crazy stackable code issue back in April. I went nuts then, during the promotion that followed (with the $10 coupons they were giving to all sorts of games) and even recently with that B80G20 deal they had that worked on preorders. Between the three of these deals I've probably spent about $800 at gamestop, but I've still yet to be banned, despite the fact that all the deals were glitches that sort of fell through the cracks. In May they put some of my orders in a temporary hold, as someone mentioned their security buzzers went off since a new buyer was making a crapton of purchases, but they never banned me, they just sent me an email asking me to call so I could confirm my info. So either I'm long overdue for my gs.com "sneaky buyer audit", or there's more going on here. Do you return alot of stuff in-store? I get the feeling they're cracking down that pretty hard.[/QUOTE]

Nope not really I never return games I have boughten online.

[quote name='dansoccerball']Nope not really I never return games I have boughten online.[/QUOTE]

I meant in-store

[quote name='Rozz']If you order too much merchandise over a certain period of time then their anti-fraud system will automatically ban you. So, basically, they penalize you for spending too much money there.[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's not true at all. I order games from Gamestop.com all the time, and even as recent as the past couple of days I've ordered 25 games from them. I have never even been bothered with anything from anti-fraud or had any of my orders held, or borthered by any of that, so that's not true at all. I say I order about 50-60 games form Gamestop.com a month, and have never had any issues whatsoever.

Not sure exactly why they banned him, but it is certainly not because of ordering too much merchandise over a certain period, or else I would have been banned every month for the past year.

[quote name='dansoccerball']Now that I look at it I placed like 7 orders within one month that's lame[/QUOTE]

I've placed 7 orders in the same day before. Trust me, that's not it.

[quote name='Squarehard']Nah, that's not true at all. I order games from Gamestop.com all the time, and even as recent as the past couple of days I've ordered 25 games from them. I have never even been bothered with anything from anti-fraud or had any of my orders held, or borthered by any of that, so that's not true at all. I say I order about 50-60 games form Gamestop.com a month, and have never had any issues whatsoever.

Not sure exactly why they banned him, but it is certainly not because of ordering too much merchandise over a certain period, or else I would have been banned every month for the past year.

I've placed 7 orders in the same day before. Trust me, that's not it.[/QUOTE]

Many other members on CAG have been banned from Gamestop.com. When they e-mailed Gamestop as to why, their official word was that their anti-fraud system bans you if you spend too much money there in a short period of time. There were actually a few threads of this within the past year.

[quote name='Rozz']Many other members on CAG have been banned from Gamestop.com. When they e-mailed Gamestop as to why, their official word was that their anti-fraud system bans you if you spend too much money there in a short period of time. There were actually a few threads of this within the past year.[/QUOTE]

That's just so odd. I spend over $500 a month on the website, and my orders fly through their system, and I have never ran into one problem with them at all. Only time I ran into an issue was my credit card that thought that someone else was using my card and put a hold on it because I was making so many purchases, but not Gamestop at all.

I dunno, there has to be something else marking people's accounts that are getting them banned somehow that we just aren't aware of. It's hard to believe that would be the main reason they would be banning people seeing how I'd be the perfect candidate for this to have happened to and yet it has not yet, and I am almost positive those other CAGs don't spend or order nearly as much as I do from Gamestop.com.

I don't really trust Gamestop customer service though. They've never really been very helpful with other things I have asked them to help me out with, and they always seem to not know what they are doing, so they could just be making things up.

But I guess there really is no way to tell for sure exactly what's going on.

i had my orders canceled before but its nothing do with coupons. it was my credit card. i called them at least 3 times and found out it was my credit card company rejecting it. the other times they said its gamestop system rejecting but they didnt know why. the last call they found out when they were asking if i order it in a different location. i told them yea when i was in asia. someone in account department fixed my problem. i ordered 3 things. first 2 went through the last order it got canceled when i order Starcraft 2 CE. maybe they ran out of stock. never bother calling them about it. didnt care.

You'd be surprised what they ban for. Their computer banned my online account after I added a second credit card to the account and whenever I called in about it they couldn't do anything at all to help me and just told me to open a new account because they couldn't figure out why the computer kept cancelling my orders.

Recently, after placing a couple orders through Gamestop.com they began canceling my orders. I emailed and called, and they told me they didn't have an explanation for me, and they said they would not reimburse me for my two lost $10 off coupons. I felt like I had no other recourse, so I filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. After a couple days they contacted me, reinstated my account, and gave me new $10 coupons. If you feel like you've been unfairly banned from Gamestop.com and have exhausted your options for recourse, I'd recommend contacting the BBB and filing a complaint.

[quote name='Squarehard'] I spend over $500 a month

[/QUOTE]

That could be why you haven't personally gotten banned. According to customer service if you spend over $1,000 in a month from the site you will be banned automatically.

I also think that in general Gamestop.com has a wonky anti-fraud detection system that needs to be adjusted.

[quote name='Rozz']That could be why you haven't personally gotten banned. According to customer service if you spend over $1,000 in a month from the site you will be banned automatically.

I also think that in general Gamestop.com has a wonky anti-fraud detection system that needs to be adjusted.[/QUOTE]

I can't honestly believe all those people that got "banned" were spending oer $1000 a month, even if they were just making random orders. That's a bit unbelievable, but I guess anything can happen. But honestly, who would really be able to spend over $1000 a month at GS.com, especially with all the coupon codes and everything added on? I barely even manage this $500, and the majority of it goes back to a B&M store anyways. Something just doesn't seem to be adding up.

I got banned about 4 years ago because they claimed I was a reseller since the IP I ordered from was in a different state than my mailing address. My job has me traveling all over the east coast and I had placed the order from my laptop in the motel after work.

I eventually had to make a new account and just make sure I only order when I've been home ever since.

[quote name='chahi']Recently, after placing a couple orders through Gamestop.com they began canceling my orders. I emailed and called, and they told me they didn't have an explanation for me, and they said they would not reimburse me for my two lost $10 off coupons. I felt like I had no other recourse, so I filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. After a couple days they contacted me, reinstated my account, and gave me new $10 coupons. If you feel like you've been unfairly banned from Gamestop.com and have exhausted your options for recourse, I'd recommend contacting the BBB and filing a complaint.[/QUOTE]

Just filed a complaint. This problem has been bothering me for a while. I hate Gamestop, but god damn, they do have some good deals sometimes. And ordering online at least guarantees you those preorder items that employees seem to "lose" or "have no knowledge of."

Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']haha who gives a shit ... its fucking gamestop !! I could care less if I got banned at this second[/QUOTE]

So you do care.

I thought that was only for items like consoles. I sometimes ship items to my PO Box rather than my house and never had a problem
with the different address

[quote name='chahi']Recently, after placing a couple orders through Gamestop.com they began canceling my orders. I emailed and called, and they told me they didn't have an explanation for me, and they said they would not reimburse me for my two lost $10 off coupons. I felt like I had no other recourse, so I filed a complaint through the Better Business Bureau. After a couple days they contacted me, reinstated my account, and gave me new $10 coupons. If you feel like you've been unfairly banned from Gamestop.com and have exhausted your options for recourse, I'd recommend contacting the BBB and filing a complaint.[/QUOTE]

bbb?

[quote name='dansoccerball']bbb?[/QUOTE]

Better Business Bureau. I'd post a link, but I'm new here, so I'm not allowed to.

bread's done
Back