Borderlands Add-On Pack Zombie Island/Mad Moxxie (360) $9.99 @ Best Buy

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mxpowar']This disc only contains two DLC packs, while there will be a total of 4 included in GOTY. Do I have that right?[/QUOTE]
Yup, but if you already own the game, it makes more sense to just buy the DLC then the GOTY, if you dont own any of it, just wait for GOTY.

I heart Borderlands and Moxxi isn't worth a cent. I'm picking this up only for collecting. It will stay sealed. Lame. You might as well just pay for Ned or wait for GOTY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moxxi is WELL worth the money for the bank especially if you are a loot wh*re. And Ned is just plain fun. How can you not like zombie killing in Borderlands?

[quote name='mitnosi']Yup, but if you already own the game, it makes more sense to just buy the DLC then the GOTY, if you dont own any of it, just wait for GOTY.[/QUOTE]
OK, thanks for the reply. I do own Borderlands without any DLC, so I will probably sell or trade my copy and then wait for a price drop on the GOTY.

I updated the title, so folks can see quickly that it's for Zombie Island and Madd Moxxie.

Personally, Zombie Island got dull doing the braaaaaaains achievement. Ugh. Not just dull, it got annoying. Loved General Knoxx, unfortunately that isn't on here.

[quote name='Treyvalyn']Moxxi is WELL worth the money for the bank especially if you are a loot wh*re. And Ned is just plain fun. How can you not like zombie killing in Borderlands?[/QUOTE]

i don't know if i would say "well worth the money for the bank", but that is definitely the most redeeming factor of the dlc. but the other 2 that are out are much much better.

also this is just the first 2 dlcs isnt it? no general knoxx.

edit: i see the title was updated, never mind.

Anyone know if the other 2 DLC(one being the new one thats not out) are going to come to a stand alone disc as well?

[quote name='AquaKnight']zombie island is worth $5
mad moxxy is horrible aside from the bank feature.

still, not bad for $10[/QUOTE]
Don't all the DLC for the game cost $10 each?

[quote name='daminion']Moxxy is worth a couple bucks just for the initial intro sequence when you first visit. Plus the bank.[/QUOTE]

+ the two skill points.

After you are done installing the disc just sell it back to amazon for $8.25 so that it only costs you $1.75, at least this is what I am doing.

[quote name='tominater12']After you are done installing the disc just sell it back to amazon for $8.25 so that it only costs you $1.75, at least this is what I am doing.[/QUOTE]
Genius!

Thanks for posting, was looking at this a few days ago and just couldn't see pulling the trigger at $19.99. I had a $5 reward zone cert and my local BB had it, so can't beat getting it for $5.30.

[quote name='tominater12']After you are done installing the disc just sell it back to amazon for $8.25 so that it only costs you $1.75, at least this is what I am doing.[/QUOTE]

My plan as well. Highly recommend putting in for the trade immediately, especially if you're doing in-store pickup, as that price is gonna drop.

Why is it that other forms of illegal software piracy are not tolerated here, but this "disc train" method of stealing is openly talked about?

[quote name='Ruahrc']Why is it that other forms of illegal software piracy are not tolerated here, but this "disc train" method of stealing is openly talked about?[/QUOTE]

Because its not piracy...

[quote name='Ruahrc']Why is it that other forms of illegal software piracy are not tolerated here, but this "disc train" method of stealing is openly talked about?[/QUOTE]
Sharing is caring.

You have to know what you're getting into with Moxxie, because that can be a brutal DLC if you're any sort of completionist. It's about 10 hours of grinding grinding grinding, and that's if you do it the easy way. Way longer if you don't use a new character on the second controller...

In a very short summary-

It is arguably a form of fair use. I can loan you a CD like I would this data disc. You could install a ripped digital copy of either directly to a volatile memory format. Should your HDD on your 360 (or the flash on your MP3 player) get wiped, crash or otherwise erased the media is gone; Since the disc was loaned to you there is no way you can recover it/use it without being loaned a disc again or buying it.

DMCA may say otherwise, but for many it's a gray area- a digital property rights frontier if you will.

If you take a library book and copy a large section on a xerox machine is that piracy (what about a small one or a hand copying a poem)? Was making a mix-tape in the 80's~ early 90's piracy? If you buy a used game is it piracy? If I play you a song over the phone is that piracy (there's some wacky BUT REAL legal precedent for you).

[quote name='its delicious']You have to know what you're getting into with Moxxie, because that can be a brutal DLC if you're any sort of completionist. It's about 10 hours of grinding grinding grinding, and that's if you do it the easy way. Way longer if you don't use a new character on the second controller...[/QUOTE]

Yeah even though I got it for $5 (400MSP) on sale, I still didn't think it was that good a value, but was willing to give it a chance since I have enjoyed the rest of borderlands so much. Moxxie DLC was pretty bad, pretty bad. Still not 100% sure why I slogged through the 20-round sessions on each arena, just to get the achievements. Maybe because I am so close to 100% on that game that I felt I could just knock them off.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']In a very short summary-

It is arguably a form of fair use. I can loan you a CD like I would this data disc. You could install a ripped digital copy of either directly to a volatile memory format. Should your HDD on your 360 (or the flash on your MP3 player) get wiped, crash or otherwise erased the media is gone; Since the disc was loaned to you there is no way you can recover it/use it without being loaned a disc again or buying it.

DMCA may say otherwise, but for many it's a gray area- a digital property rights frontier if you will.

If you take a library book and copy a large section on a xerox machine is that piracy (what about a small one or a hand copying a poem)? Was making a mix-tape in the 80's~ early 90's piracy? If you buy a used game is it piracy? If I play you a song over the phone is that piracy (there's some wacky BUT REAL legal precedent for you).[/QUOTE]

It may be a moral grey area for some, but it is pretty black and white as far as legality goes. If you loan me your CD and I copy it to my HD or burn it onto a CDR and give it back to you, there is little question that that is music piracy and illegal. The analogous situation is distributing your music files to others via the internet, for which we all know people have been successfully sued and tried. The same goes for this software. There is nothing wrong with selling the disc, but in doing so you are agreeing to delete any copies of the data you have and to stop using that content, not keeping a copy for yourself and passing it on. (note: I'm not even going to start to get into the mess regarding the recent court ruling regarding the legality of selling used software...)

If you xeroxed a book at the library you would be violating copyright infringement. There are special cases for this regarding fair use excerpts (only a small portion, not substantial sections or the whole book) and also for educational purposes. But in general this practice is illegal, and certainly none of those exceptions would really apply to passing around a Borderlands or Fallout 3 DLC disc.

Buying/selling a used game is not piracy because in doing so you are no longer utilizing your license to play the game, as you have sold it to another person. Selling a used game you have duplicated for yourself is piracy, and is the reason why no store takes back opened games as returns unless they are defective (to combat this piracy).

You don't have to agree with the principles in effect (I don't totally agree with all of them either) but it is pretty clear that installing the DLC discs to your HD, then selling the disc back to amazon/wherever and continuing to use the content you copied to your HD is illegal.

bread's done
Back