- - - - -

CAG Lord of the Rings Online Kinship

#31 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:30 AM

I received my bonus 500 points from the VIP this morning after activating my VIP last night.

I kinda assume that ass would be flagged in the game but not for sure.

#32 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:33 AM

Well I put my vote towards Cagian(s) (or CAGian(s)). That way we at least wouldn't have to bother with ass and wouldn't be the plain CAG.

I received my bonus 500 points from the VIP this morning after activating my VIP last night.

Alright that is good to know. I am not sure if I want to use it now or wait until I level a bit first (not a big reason to wait though).

Edited by Kaltic, 12 September 2010 - 05:44 AM.

#33 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

Alright that is good to know. I am not sure if I want to use it now or wait until I level a bit first (not a big reason to wait though).

I added the code for the 1000 points, but have held off on the 30-day code because I figured it would take a while before my toons were ready for the higher-level content and didn't really need the 500 extra points yet.

#34 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:33 AM

I added the code for the 1000 points, but have held off on the 30-day code because I figured it would take a while before my toons were ready for the higher-level content and didn't really need the 500 extra points yet.

Heh, I actually bought that and never looked into it. Didn't even know they were separate codes. Any thanks for giving me the info, I added the 1000 points but am saving the 30-day code too.

#35 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

I actually forgot you can use alts to fill up the 8 minimum kinship requirements (So I can fill 5 slots). Anyhow, I don't agree with putting any stuff before or after CAG, such as CAGians. Should come up with something a little more creative like:

Fellowship of CAG
CAG Fellowship
Followers of CAG
Minions of CAG

Those sound pretty bad, I'll be honest, but I'll take them over anything tacked onto "CAG" itself. Time to brood on some more creative names to use. (Such as "CAG Ent Right" or "Hobbitual CAG")

EDIT: Of course we could break the mold of using CAG but still keeping it CAG themed like "Would Buy That For A Gold".

Edited by Draekon, 12 September 2010 - 12:40 PM.

#36 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

C A G - Courageous Agents and Gentlemen.

C A G - Citizens Against Gnomes.

#37 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

:lol: For some silly reason I actually quite like that one.

Fellowship of CAG
CAG Fellowship
Followers of CAG
Minions of CAG

Those sound pretty bad, I'll be honest, but I'll take them over anything tacked onto "CAG" itself. Time to brood on some more creative names to use. (Such as "CAG Ent Right" or "Hobbitual CAG")

EDIT: Of course we could break the mold of using CAG but still keeping it CAG themed like "Would Buy That For A Gold".

Along those same lines we could also do something like ..

The CAG Council
Merchants of the Mark

Both are derived from actual group in Middle Earth

#38 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2193 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

I'm really digging Citizens Against Gnomes.

Didn't you say that you added the VIP starter kit already? If so did you already receive your 500 VIP points? Since you are supposed to within like 2 or 3 days of starting the month subscription.

I did add the VIP code to my account (but I wish I would have waited to activate until I had depleted the free content), but have not gotten my 500 points yet.

#39 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

I'm really digging Citizens Against Gnomes.

Pretty much agree. Still thinking of more names that have CAG, are CAG themed, or keep the same abbreviation as CAG as we still have a little time before we decide.

Who's going to be the leader of the Kinship by the way?

I did add the VIP code to my account (but I wish I would have waited to activate until I had depleted the free content), but have not gotten my 500 points yet.

Make sure that you make as many characters as you can so when you do end up as a Premium down the road you keep some of the once VIP benefits that stay with you on the downgrade (like having 5 bags).

#40 LifesBane   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   10 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

LifesBane

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:54 PM

Ages ago, I bought a hard copy of the game for $6. Would that retail activation code (that comes with the 30 days gameplay) get me any subscriber benefits now, or does that only work for the Mines of Moria expansion activation codes?

#41 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

Ages ago, I bought a hard copy of the game for $6. Would that retail activation code (that comes with the 30 days gameplay) get me any subscriber benefits now, or does that only work for the Mines of Moria expansion activation codes?

I assume that any key from a physical disc comes with 30 free days (VIP). If you used that and then got Mines of Moria, I don't think you'd get an extra free month of VIP but instead just the usual expansion benefit of Mines of Moria. However I don't really know for certain. For example:

People who bought the VIP starter pack for $5 during the sale the other day, the free VIP month worked for new players and players who had bought the original game. However players like me who bought all the expansions couldn't get it to work, which sucks. Regardless, the 1000 points for $5 was still quite worth it.

#42 DukeEdwardI   Whose Queens? CAGiversary!   2193 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

DukeEdwardI

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

If you haven't used that code, then yes, I believe you would get 30 days VIP access and all of the benefits that come with VIP status (more character slots/500 points a month/5 bags/etc). But once that 30 days runs out, then you return to Premium status and all of the quests in Eriador (besides starting zones and the Epic Storyline questline) will become unavailable to you.

#43 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

C A G - Courageous Agents and Gentlemen.

Calling All Gollums - I don't compare myself to Gollum, but maybe if you tried to take away my precious games there might be some similarities ;)

#44 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Pretty much agree. Still thinking of more names that have CAG, are CAG themed, or keep the same abbreviation as CAG as we still have a little time before we decide.

Who's going to be the leader of the Kinship by the way.

Unless anyone has an issue with it ill head up the kinship. I've ran guilds on WOW, DAoC, Aion, and EQ2 in the past so i am fairly familiar with it.

#45 anarch   And all that could have been... CAGiversary!   2077 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:30 PM

Collective Anarchist Gang? 8-)

#46 Megiddo_CAG   Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade! Trading Timeout - Under Review   2283 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Megiddo_CAG

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:51 PM

Interesting, installing it right now, haven't played an MMO since FF11.

#47 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Collective Anarchist Gang? 8-)

^ I like that one :)

#48 hustletron   the struggle CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Hustletron - LVL 5 Man Captain

#49 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:10 PM

Interesting, installing it right now, haven't played an MMO since FF11.

I wish that game would go free... I absolutely loved it, but didn't want to pay each month. Then a lost my characters (after 3 months of inactivity your characters go bye bye) so I decided to never go back.

Great thing about F2P MMOs. I never feel like I have a commitment to play them. If I pay $15 a month it feels like I HAVE to get my play time worth of it. With this I could not play for 3 months and be perfectly fine with it.

EDIT: Also I am digging Citizens Against Gnomes.

#50 UltraMysteryDopplega   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   173 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

UltraMysteryDopplega

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

Unless anyone has an issue with it ill head up the kinship. I've ran guilds on WOW, DAoC, Aion, and EQ2 in the past so i am fairly familiar with it.

I am issuing a formal challenge to yuo.

#51 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

Looks like the current prices for the zone quest packs are discounted if this thread is true on the prices listed:

http://forums.lotro....y-with-your-TPs

Guess I'll spend that 1,000 points I have from the $5 deal on North Downs and Lone Lands. Even if it's not true, those would be the first two things I'd buy anyways.

#52 Megazell   Linux Gamer CAGiversary!   5388 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Megazell

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:49 PM

I'm cool with joining a casual guild. If it turns into some type 'serious' guild/clan - With meeting times and BS events than you can give that to the birds. I prefer to join adult guilds in which everything is kept in perspectives and we play for fun and nothing more. No beggers, No fillers, No exploiters and No emotional gamers please :bouncy:

#53 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:55 PM

I'm cool with joining a casual guild. If it turns into some type 'serious' guild/clan - With meeting times and BS events than you can give that to the birds. I prefer to join adult guilds in which everything is kept in perspectives and we play for fun and nothing more. No beggers, No fillers, No exploiters and No emotional gamers please :bouncy:

Does no emotional gamers mean I can't cry while I play? And shouldn't you say a mature guild? Because not everyone annoying on the internet is a little kid.

#54 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:05 PM

I am actually thinking semi-casual guild. Mainly using it as a way to stay in touch, provide help when needed, and organize (optional) events like if some of us want to get together for a raid or large quest.

Like Kaltic said earlier one of the things about now being F2P is that you don't have to feel like you should be playing constantly if you don't want too in order to get your money's worth out of the sub fee. So I imagine people will not be playing as stringently as they might on a paid game.

I personally work from home and play a lot while I am working on other items which is the only reason I have played so many MMOs in the past.

I do however wish the game would let me in now :bomb:. The Client server seems to be bugged out for a good many people according to the official forum. Myself included.

#55 Kaltic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:11 PM

I am actually thinking semi-casual guild. Mainly using it as a way to stay in touch, provide help when needed, and organize (optional) events like if some of us want to get together for a raid or large quest.

Like Kaltic said earlier one of the things about now being F2P is that you don't have to feel like you should be playing constantly if you don't want too in order to get your money's worth out of the sub fee. So I imagine people will not be playing as stringently as they might on a paid game.

I personally work from home and play a lot while I am working on other items which is the only reason I have played so many MMOs in the past.

I do however wish the game would let me in now :bomb:. The Client server seems to be bugged out for a good many people according to the official forum. Myself included.

If the lines are still as long as they were a couple hours ago then it would still take you roughly an hour waiting to get in (On any server). I was frustrated with the long wait so I just quit out, but am happy now because it got me to do some homework.

EDIT: Me and majority of the people on the forums are really hoping Turbine picks stuff up and sorts all the server issues out (disconnects, lag, and server capacity has been reached... so add more servers).

#56 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

If the lines are still as long as they were a couple hours ago then it would still take you roughly an hour waiting to get in (On any server). I was frustrated with the long wait so I just quit out, but am happy now because it got me to do some homework.

EDIT: Me and majority of the people on the forums are really hoping Turbine picks stuff up and sorts all the server issues out (disconnects, lag, and server capacity has been reached... so add more servers).

Yeah I'm not even making it that far. Seems like alot of people are getting stuck now at the Checking Game Files part of loading the launcher. Not even able to get to the point to select a server to wait for.

#57 DarkonJohn   Growing backlog CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

DarkonJohn

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

Exact same for me.

#58 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:37 PM

I've been stuck at the Examining Programs part of the update part of the launcher for a long while. I've been doing other stuff, but meh.

I agree with a previous poster as "mature" is a better use of wording. I don't want to see common trashy discussions like the OTT thread here at CAG or shit I'd see in Barrens chat in WoW.

#59 riddler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   536 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Hey just started playing and the game seems cool so far. It might just be me, but does anyone else find that the game is kind of confusing when it comes to getting around or using the map? I used to play Guild Wars and from what I remember, when you got a quest, they would sorta mark it on your map and you could go trotting along your way, but maybe I'm just retarded but in this game they sorta just say where you are supposed to go and you sorta figure it out ?

#60 Draekon   Kung-Fu Panda CAGiversary!   5675 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:10 AM

Hey just started playing and the game seems cool so far. It might just be me, but does anyone else find that the game is kind of confusing when it comes to getting around or using the map? I used to play Guild Wars and from what I remember, when you got a quest, they would sorta mark it on your map and you could go trotting along your way, but maybe I'm just retarded but in this game they sorta just say where you are supposed to go and you sorta figure it out ?

It's pretty easy and intuitive compared to the original release of the game years ago. When you have a quest being tracked, open up the map and mouse over it on the Quest Legend (it's dragable) and the area you need to head to blinks in the color indicated to the right of the quest in the legend. If you're turning the quest in rather than doing its requirements, it will be in the shape of a ring and it will blink too.

M is the hotkey to open the map.