CAG Lord of the Rings Online Kinship

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Summer Bonus Weekend!
Get 50% XP Boost on all monster kills, June 23-26! Plus, pre-purchase LOTRO’s newest expansion, Rise of Isengard™ and receive a 25% XP boost that can be stacked with this weekend’s XP Bonus!

Store Sales
A few travel-related skills on on sale for 20% off and an additional discount if you spend more than 1000 TP on other items.[/QUOTE]

The additional discount deserves a mention. If you spend 1000TP on the store and use coupon LDVD1000 you get 15% off, 1500TP and coupon LDVD1500 is 20% off, or 2000TP and LDVD2000 is 25% off. So everything in the store is 25% off if you spend at least 2000TP. This is a decent time to pick up a few quest packs you've been holding off on.

Good point. Too bad they aren't offering the 6,900 TP for $49.99 deal at the same time.

BTW: Those cards actually start with LDYD

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, for those of you that have been waiting to get your missing quest packs on sale for 20% off, ALL quest packs are now on sale for 20% off:
http://www.lotro.com/news/latestnews/1311-ready-for-isengard

And they are again offering their "double bonus points" offer where you can get 6,900 TP for $49.99
http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresale/1306-lotrostorepointpromo (ends July 4)
This finally happens at the same time the quest packs go on sale.

Plus for the next week (July 1 - 7), a different item will be on sale each day:
http://www.lotro.com/lotrostoresummerspecialsweekone (discounts ranging from 10% to 40% off, including character slots for 40% off on Wed)

For new players that are willing to spend some money, a good deal would be to buy the Legendary Isengard package for $49.99 and 6,900 TP for another $49.99. Between the two, you should be able to get all the quest packs (including those from the MoM and SoM expansions) plus several extras (such as extra character lots, skirmishes or maybe the extra 2 classes that come with the full Moria expansion).

Yeah, that's $100, but it includes a LOT of gameplay without paying for a subscription.

Updated OP with Summer Week 2 sales, sales of the week, and changed the prices to be red to add some color variety to the sales.

OK, 2 1/2 months since the last post in this thread and I haven't seen anyone from the Kinship online except for once (and then, only briefly). Also noticed last night that the Kinship house rent is past due.

Am I the only one still playing this game? Anyone planning on coming back next week once Rise of Isengard is released? If not, I guess I'll take that as a sign to start looking for a new Kinship since it's been pretty lonely in the CAG kinship. Oh well, it was fun in the early days when we had several people playing around the same level when F2P first launched.

But the reality is that if you're really going to play the game on an ongoing basis, you really need to pay either the monthly sub or buy the various quest packs for cash (earning everything with deeds that give TP is not very cost effective if you value your time at all). So I guess it's not too surprising that some people stopped playing once this became obvious.

I would say it would probably be best to look for a new kinship. With school starting back up and actually have a job this year, even if I really wanted to play I still wouldn't be able to as much. But kind of like when the game was released, I just wore myself out by playing hardcore for about 2 something months (or more). I just don't really feel like playing the game right now (because I burnt myself off of it), but I know I will again sometime and I will again play it hardcore for some time.

I mean I do want to play it more since I ended right when I got to Moria, but there are other games I want to play and other stuff to do.

EDIT: .... Actually talking about this makes me want to play again. I think I am going to jump on today, but still I would say looking for a new kinship would probably be best.

I got into Moria last week or so, but spent much of the last few days finishing up the Epic quests because I had gotten stuck on one of them when my toon was at a lower level. Finishing those off took a lot longer than I thought and i just finished the Volume 1 Epic storyline.

Moria is amazing in its size and complexity of the area. This makes it interesting, but also a bit frustrating when trying to figure out how to get from point a to b.. Still enjoying it though.

I just hit Lvl 59 last night and will probably be off/on during this weekend. If you see me online, let's team up on some of the small FS quests (in Moria or some of the older ones before Moria).

I did buy the RoI expansion, so my Lvl has been boosted from using the +25% experience stone you get as a pre-order bonus. Was trying to get Lvl 65 before RoI is released but I'm not sure I'll be able to get that far in time.

I'm still playing on and off. Mostly on now that RoI is about to come out. I've been crafting to get ready for the new Crafting Guild tier.
Also skirmishing a bit to get a head start for the new raiding armor set. Too bad I'm on Arkenstone and it looks like you guys are on Riddermark.

bread's done
Back