CAG Lord of the Rings Online Kinship

Just got an email from LOTRO regarding a new referral program where you can earn TPs. Sounds like they may have to sign up for a new account using your referral link and then you'll get 10% of the TP they buy under their account.

Here's my referral link (looks like it just takes you to the main page where you can sign up for a Turbine account):
http://my.lotro.com/referral/DarkSparkle

However, I'd suggest you use Kaltic's referral link once he gets his posted. Until then, feel free to use mine :D

[quote name='DarkonJohn']However, I'd suggest you use Kaltic's referral link once he gets his posted. Until then, feel free to use mine :D[/QUOTE]

Oh you are just so kind. Anyway, if anyone is making a new account then here is my referral.

http://my.lotro.com/referral/Kaltic

Also if anyone has any intentions of making a new account then I would love to sell my 30 day VIP code.

And finally, if they are still giving away 250 points per new account then you could abuse the system and continuously make and then refer fake accounts and spend those 250 points on anything.

I was just thinking you should get some kind of perk for setting up the Kinship web site and making an effort to keep the Kinship together ;-)

Going to pop in for a few in a sec. Waiting for some games to finish dl'ing.

been blazing through quests with a hunter. not as fun as my burglar, but so much faster. now that i'm back into the game i think i'm good to start playing my burg again. stealth and steal is just too fun.

I was able to knock out a whole bunch of quest last night thanks to some helpful players that I met.

I have to work on my gear though because after much talk with some of these players most of my stuff is not helping me. So if anyone is crafting armor and such - if you make some agility items and can part with them, send them my way.

Here are the fellowship quest I need a hand with:

Garth Agarwen

[32] Fell Spirits
[32] Arthedain's Lost Brethren
[32] Grimbark's Reclamation
[32] Ivar the Bloodhand
[32] Long Overdue Justice
[35] Reclaim the Lost Maiden

I'll be on tomorrow night @ 9:00 PM EST if anyone can assist.

Ok sorry about the delay guy. I was up north and my car engine decided it wanted to fall apart so I was stranded for a while waiting to find out what was wrong before getting a rental and getting back home.

What all information do you want in the OP. I know Mega said something about play times but just wanted to see if there is anything else. Let me know and I will get it updated tonight.

Hey guys and gals,

Not going to make it online tonight at the time I stated. I will probably be on sometime but it's not going to be 9:00 PM EST.

Catch you later,
Megazell

I might be on later tonight, but I'm Pacific time so that could be really late for you Mega, but maybe I'll see you online. I've actually been having fun jumping in for a couple of quick quests and then logging off. It's all the time I have right now, but still fun to keep making progress.

Great news for anyone looking to buy some stuff.

This weekend (available through the 20th) use the code 20PERCENTCART0311 to get 20% off your entire order. Remember that it is only one use per account.

Along with that we have up to 50% off all steeds (unfortunately not the riding trait) from 03/18/11 - 09/24/11.

And also sorry I wasn't able to make it yesterday.

Doesn't it just figure that there's a 20% off code for anything that I COULD have used to buy some quest packs that never go on sale, but now that they finally activated my game time card (nearly 3 days after I entered it) I can't use it to buy any quest packs. Son....of....a...bitch.

On a more positive note, I got my main toon up to Lvl 39 last night have several quests lined up to do tonight/this weekend. It's been fun getting back into the game after taking a break.

Cool, Darkon.

I hit lvl 37. Knocked out many of the major quest. I still have 2 left in the lvl 32 range, 3 in the lvl 35 range and 1 left in the lvl 37 range. The rest are lvl 40+.

Going to be taking a break though. I think I LOTRO'ed myself out.

I actually hoped on to check out the update.

It's good overall but very back backing for the F2P gamers.

One of the changes is you have get a Milestone skill now once you reach a certain part of the game and it's a very MUCH needed part in being able to travel in timely manner.

I get their need that money but damn. Travel time was rough as it was...now if I do continue to play (which I am questioning) I probably be spending one session just to travel and then another session to actually complete the quest. :( Oh well thems the breaks!

And so Hunter (lvl 37) died on March 22, 2011. Fighting two very angry bears and a large lizard that from far away looked like a very timid rabbit. No quarter was given but I got my soda....R.I.P

Leaving the game permanently. Way too many restrictions for it to be fun anymore and I'm not into making alts so....off to another world I go.

It was fun people :)

screenshot00000v.jpg

Last edited:
Well its sad to see you go. I've got to ask though. Did you get to level 37 without dieing? Because if so I an envy you.

[quote name='Kaltic']Well its sad to see you go. I've got to ask though. Did you get to level 37 without dieing? Because if so I an envy you.[/QUOTE]

I died a few times. Towards the end when the update hit I was killing myself on purpose just to travel faster to quest locations and NPCs. I first died @ lvl 25 or 26 when I did my first quest with CAG ;) in the Barrows.

[quote name='Megazell']I died a few times. Towards the end when the update hit I was killing myself on purpose just to travel faster to quest locations and NPCs. I first died @ lvl 25 or 26 when I did my first quest with CAG ;) in the Barrows.[/QUOTE]

I still envy you. I can't seem to get past 14 without either running into way to many bad guys or jumping off a cliff that I shouldn't.

I don't know if it was available before, but I noticed that you can buy slots for additional milestones. Previously you could link your home map to a single milestone. Now, your home map has become a skill and you can buy additional "slots" to hold links to more than one milestone marker. I think each slot is 150 TP (only good for the char that purchases it).

I find that I bounce between areas sometimes and end up wasting a lot of time getting from one place to another, so having a second map slot can be a big time saver. Of course you can always buy or earn the "Return to...." map skills for some of the bigger towns, but it takes a lot of rep to get those. With a rough conversion of 1 cent per TP, I think paying $1.50 per extra slot is fairly reasonable for the convenience it offers.

Overall, I think these kinds of "convenience" items are reasonable to charge people real money for since they haven't taken things away from the game but have simply made the game more enjoyable for people that are willing to pay a bit more to avoid some of the original grinding without adding new grinding. I'm now kind of regretting I didn't get the PAX Points special so I could buy all of the quest packs and skirmishes and still have plenty left over for some of these extra perks (including more shared inventory!).

The only kind of annoying thing is that all milestones have a universal cooldown. So if you did port back to Rivendell then you couldn't use any other milestone for another hour. With that said having a choice in places to port to would be nice.

It is time for some April Savings in Lotro. Through April 1st to April 7th there will be a new deal each day.

April 1 - Select Cosmetic Cloaks 50% off
April 2 - Mines of Moria Expansion 30% off
April 3 - Tome of Will 50% off
April 4 - Virtue Valour 50% off
April 5 - Currency Cap 50% off
April 6 - Inventory Bags 50% off
April 7 - Tome of Fate 50% off

I think I am going to get some inventory bags. While my main and a few others were created during VIP (so they have all the bags) my new characters sadly do not. I guess my saving up towards Forochol and Misty Mountains will take a little longer...

They just had to post the new weeks deals after that previous one... And thus a new post.

It is time to Unite and Fight!. From 4/1-4/7 (same duration as week one of the April Savings) you can get various Skirmishes and skirmish items for 20% off.

Not sure if you want to keep this thread up as well as the other Web site Kaltic but I wikifyd the thread so that you could get access to the OP. Never realized that was an option until I saw it on another thread on the board.

Cool...thanks for making that change AdvOfJet. Kaltic has been pretty attentive to things, so hopefully he'll keep this thread updated to keep bringing CAGs into the LOTRO kingship while not limiting the kinship to CAGs.

And hopefully we'll still see you around on LOTRO once in a while ;-)

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Not sure if you want to keep this thread up as well as the other Web site Kaltic but I wikifyd the thread so that you could get access to the OP. Never realized that was an option until I saw it on another thread on the board.[/QUOTE]
The option was just added actually. Oddly enough when I saw that it was an option this was the first thread I thought about.

Anyway, thanks. I will probably update the OP along with making a new post when new deals are available.

EDIT: I just added the current sales to the OP. If you feel like it could be formatted better then by all means go and change it (there is literally nothing stopping you).

And I was wondering if any of you think it would make sense to post these deals in the actual deals section of CAG. It would definitely get more people on CAG to see if and with each time I post a deal I could make a link to this thread. I am just not sure if I should post a deal within a game in the deals section. I guess it would be no different than posting a deal about DLC, but anyway just give me your feedback on that. I mean I am only updating 3 places with LOTRO sales why not add another place.

The second week of LOTRO's April Sale is here. Along with that the Have Some Class! week long sale will be going on during this time frame too. In it the Warden, Rune-Keeper, and character slots are 20% off and there are some XP boosts too.

April 8th - Tome of Agility - 30% off
April 9th - Siege of Mirkwood Quest Pack - 30% off
April 10th - Emotes - 50% off
April 11th - Select Cosmetic Hats - 50% off
April 12th - Writ of Special Passage - 60% off
April 13th - Tomes of Might - 30% off
April 14th - Virtue Justice - 50% off

EDIT: Updated OP

The third week of LOTRO's April Sale is here. Also follow the fellowship with 35% off Trollshaws, Eregion, Lothlorien, Moria each or in a bundle that is 40% off

April 15th - Dusky Nimblefoot Goat - 50% off
April 16th - Tome of Vitality - 30% off
April 17th - Shared Storage - 25% off
April 18th - Enhanced XP Supply - 30% off
April 19th - Simple Rally Horn - 50% off
April 20th - Slayer Deed Accelerators - 30% off
April 21st - Select Masks - 40% off

... Why couldn't the fellowship have went through Forochol or the Misty Mountains. Those are the only two quest packs i need...

... I hate when LOTRO updates things right after I post... Either that or I missed it.

The Spring Wardrobe Sale goes from 04/15-04/21 and includes 20% off shared wardrobe space, store exclusive cloaks, cosmetic accessories, and select cosmetic clothing.

i got a new laptop and cant load the game i used my moira disc and did the download to no avail. i get to thescreen after logging in and it just hangs boo

[quote name='m_d_amore']i got a new laptop and cant load the game i used my moira disc and did the download to no avail. i get to thescreen after logging in and it just hangs boo[/QUOTE]

Specs? Does it have video card that can run this game?

[quote name='m_d_amore']i got a new laptop and cant load the game i used my moira disc and did the download to no avail. i get to thescreen after logging in and it just hangs boo[/QUOTE]

I'm imaging this laptop is better than your previous one (or whatever you played LOTRO on before) so I wouldn't imagine that it would be unable to handle the game. There are many reports of the game crashing and freezing when loading the character screen (or before the character screen) and you can find these by just googling your problem.

And because this is something people will say for any PC problem, are your drivers up to date?

[quote name='Megazell']Specs? Does it have video card that can run this game?[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with what you posted but just with your sig. I understand that is from Yatzhee, but shouldn't that be switched? I've seen so many people complain that console gamers are just a bunch of frat guys and I would imagine they would probably more closely resemble fabio than any elitist PC gamer.

[quote name='Kaltic']This has nothing to do with what you posted but just with your sig. I understand that is from Yatzhee, but shouldn't that be switched? I've seen so many people complain that console gamers are just a bunch of frat guys and I would imagine they would probably more closely resemble fabio than any elitist PC gamer.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Around my way it's a bit different most of the PC gamers I know in RL are working professionals with non-rotund body shapes so I guess that image applies. I liked Yahztee's games and reviews :)

[quote name='Megazell']Maybe. Around my way it's a bit different most of the PC gamers I know in RL are working professionals with non-rotund body shapes so I guess that image applies. I liked Yahztee's games and reviews :)[/QUOTE]

I guess it just depends on the area then. Plus being in college the image of college frat boys being gamers is fairly big in this area.

And I've never played any of his games, but his reviews are just fantastic (even though I liked his older ones more than his newer ones).

[quote name='Kaltic']I guess it just depends on the area then. Plus being in college the image of college frat boys being gamers is fairly big in this area.

And I've never played any of his games, but his reviews are just fantastic (even though I liked his older ones more than his newer ones).[/QUOTE]

Outside of TV, the frat boys I would see were doing everything but playing consoles or PC games.

You should at least try 1213. It's on my list.

Back to LOTRO chat ;)

[quote name='Megazell']Outside of TV, the frat boys I would see were doing everything but playing consoles or PC games.

You should at least try 1213. It's on my list.

Back to LOTRO chat ;)[/QUOTE]

If Call of Duty didn't exist then yeah they wouldn't play any games and I'm not saying they are hardcore about it or anything.

... I guess we can get back to LOTRO chat even though the one update a week about deals isn't really chatting.

And here we are with the week four sales.

April 22nd - Forochel - 30% off
April 23th - Vault Upgrades - 30% off
April 24th - Enedwaith - 30% off
April 25th - Dyes - 75%off (Coupon = mac92che)
April 26h - Maps - 50% off (Coupon = 2etrepha)
April 27th - Character Slots - 50% off
April 28th - Virtue: Loyalty - 50% off (Coupon = ROYALWEDDING)
April 29th - Classes - 50% off (Coupon = t7eprude)
April 30th - Riding Skill - 50% off

[quote name='m_d_amore']went from this http://www.amazon.com/Compaq-Presario-V5207NR-widescreen-SuperMulti/dp/B000HPERTI to this http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/satellite/A660/A665-S6050 ithink ill uninstall and try a fresh install and see if it still hangs[/QUOTE]

Well since the first laptop you had was a similar model to mine, I would say that any laptop you would have bought that didn't have one of those old funky mouse things in the middle of the keyboard would be an improvement.

Also according to the specs, it should definitely work on minimum settings I say minimum because it depends on the VRAM. That site just says 64-1696 so I have no idea which one your laptop has, but it needs at least 64 to play lotro and it has everything else.

I would definitely say a fresh install of the game (is there any benefit from using the Moria disc? I know you still need to download a lot of stuff so you could always just download it from their site instead).

More so off topic now. I just can't see myself getting a laptop big enough to have a numpad. My dad had one and that thing was just such a power hog. This really has nothing to do with your problems, I just wanted to add it :).

Make sure if you download the game and reinstall it that you go into Add/Remove Programs as soon as you are done installing and remove Pando Media Booster. It's a file sharing utility that will upload the LOTRO install files to other people automatically, and eat up all your bandwidth in the process.

If PSN stays down over the weekend I may spend some time playing LOTRO. I was thinking about trying to get the anniversary horse, but not sure I want to grind to get the anniversary tokens so I'm hoping to win more in the lotteries (got 10 so far).

Also won that new steed for one of my alts. That was kind of cool.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']If PSN stays down over the weekend I may spend some time playing LOTRO. I was thinking about trying to get the anniversary horse, but not sure I want to grind to get the anniversary tokens so I'm hoping to win more in the lotteries (got 10 so far).

Also won that new steed for one of my alts. That was kind of cool.[/QUOTE]

I just came back from a mini-vacation...I have neighbor CRYING....CRYING...Grown men...CRYING about that. I laughed so hard my ribs hurt.

-------------

Is there a way to transfer TB to another player yet? I'm thinking no but just thought I check in with something that was LOTRO related ;)

So, did anyone else get the Anniversary mount? I had read how impossible it was to earn them in-game because you needed to earn 30 Anniversary tokens and that would take FOREVER based on the cool-down timers, but then I realized they were giving away tons of Anniversary tokens in their lotteries so I made sure to check regularly for new lotteries during the day for the last couple of weeks.

I ended up winning enough Anniversary tokens to get the mount for all 9 of my toons, but just barely. I had 5 toons that were between level 6 and 7 (and one that was lvl 3). All but two won 30+ tokens in the lotteries, but then they changed the lotteries so that your toon had to be at least lvl 10+ to participate in the Anniversary token lotteries. So I had to level up both of those toons to over lvl 10 (actually got them to 12 & 15) so they could qualify for the lotteries and then get lucky enough to win enough Anniversary Token lotteries before the event expires (tonight at 12am EST).

It was only in the last lottery early this morning that I won remaining tokens I needed for my last toon to get the mount. Not sure how many more lotteries they'll have today since this is the last day of the Anniversary Festival.

Oh yeah, I also bought (with my extra tokens) all 8 of the maps sold by the vendor. These are 8 out of 21 maps you need for the Catrogaphile (?) deed. The other 13 maps are sold during the other Festivals during the year. To get credit towards the deed you just need to put the map in your character's inventory and then you can take it back out of your inventory.

Kaltic: I was thinking of putting these maps in the Kinship House chest for others to use and we can collect the whole set there. What do you think? Do we have space?

bread's done
Back