CAG Lord of the Rings Online Kinship

[quote name='Kaltic']A few things are currently taking place. You can get purchase double turbine points. Also the Steed of the Night is on sale and will be leaving the store soon (I think it is over priced). And of course the sale for the next week includes Mines of Moria expansion/quest packs and the Mirkwood quest pack.

The steed will be gone by the 21st and the rest of it lasts until the 24th.

Also if anyone is looking to get into LOTRO or knows somebody that might, I do have a 30 day VIP code that only works for new accounts and would be glad to sell it to them.[/QUOTE]
If you buy Steed of the Night, is it unlocked for the account or just one character?

The Steed of the Night is per character. Also I forgot to add that most of those sales don't go live until tomorrow.

Also for anyone that wants to play, Riddermark is currently recieving 5% experience bonus and the enhanced abilities buff (-10% item wear, +100 morale, +5% out of combat run speed). I guess our PvMP players deserve some credit for holding all the stuff for this.

Turbine announced their next Turbine Tuesday sale a little early for President's Day. Character slots will be 298 (50% off) for that day only.

Also I won't be playing too much because my Desktop's graphics card just crapped out and playing LOTRO on my laptop (which I am currently using) isn't as good. Still I do plan on getting on every now and then, and definitely during this weekend (since I will be going home and there is nothing else to do there).

Also, at MMORPG.com they currently are giving away keys that gives a free outfit for all of your LOTRO characters. All you have to do is make an account and you get a key for it. This thing is really old though which is weird because the page says pre-order Mines of Moria... yeah that is just a tad old...

I already got the outfit and it is actually pretty nice.

[quote name='Kaltic']Turbine announced their next Turbine Tuesday sale a little early for President's Day. Character slots will be 298 (50% off) for that day only.

Also I won't be playing too much because my Desktop's graphics card just crapped out and playing LOTRO on my laptop (which I am currently using) isn't as good. Still I do plan on getting on every now and then, and definitely during this weekend (since I will be going home and there is nothing else to do there).[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd offer some discounts on the quest packs other than Moria/SoM. I think they did a while back, but I couldn't buy them because I was VIP at the time.

I may be on a bit near the end of next week since I expect to be stuck in a hotel room for a while with little else to do.

As far as playing on a laptop, that's pretty much all I've been playing on, so don't let that stop you ;-)

[quote name='Kaltic']Also, at MMORPG.com they currently are giving away keys that gives a free outfit for all of your LOTRO characters. All you have to do is make an account and you get a key for it. This thing is really old though which is weird because the page says pre-order Mines of Moria... yeah that is just a tad old...

I already got the outfit and it is actually pretty nice.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Just picked it myself and added the code to my account.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I wish they'd offer some discounts on the quest packs other than Moria/SoM. I think they did a while back, but I couldn't buy them because I was VIP at the time.

I may be on a bit near the end of next week since I expect to be stuck in a hotel room for a while with little else to do.

As far as playing on a laptop, that's pretty much all I've been playing on, so don't let that stop you ;-)
[/QUOTE]

My laptop is slow running Firefox and almost dies running IE. LOTRO running on the lowest settings still runs badly.

[quote name='Kaltic']My laptop is slow running Firefox and almost dies running IE. LOTRO running on the lowest settings still runs badly.[/QUOTE]

Ah, OK. My laptop (a MacBook Pro) is actually faster than my old desktop (a P4) right now. Well, hopefully you'll get your desktop up and running soon and you'll be able to get by with the laptop in the meantime.

Ok as far as I can tell every player in LOTRO is currently recieving +10% monster kill experience because of the Welcome Back Event. This even did start a couple of days ago and unfortunately ends the 21st.

Still that gives you roughly one or two days of bonus experience if you want it.

I've got some good news that is slightly lame, depending on how new you are. For ONE DAY ONLY Enedwaith will be 75% off, or 174 turbine points. This will happen tomorrow the 24th and will only last for that day. The reason I say it is a little lame is because it is high level (65) content. However, I will still be getting it even though my highest lvl character is only 38.

Along with that Update 2: Echoes of the Dead will be releasing soon.

Also I got a new graphics card (Wrote a blog post that covers it) so I will be playing a bit more now... or I will be playing like I did before my graphics card died.

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely try to pick that up tonight even though I'm in the same boat with my main toon.

Update: Just picked it up. Now for the rest of the quest packs and skirmishes to go on sale for 75% off :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal, Enedwaith is a pretty fun zone. I like the area with the evil looking hobbits. There are a lot of mithril flake droppers in that zone too that seem to spawn pretty frequently. I'd almost always find them when I went looking for them, sometimes 2 or 3 a day.

So is Enedwaith essentially the old Mirkwood expansion? I'm lost on this stuff. I played prior to the F2P era. I had purchased Moria back then. I'm back as a free player (premium though since I am an ex-subscriber) right now and I've had no issues playing my lvl 60 minstrel. They no longer have the expansions listed in the Turbine Store, so I'm not sure what the Mirkwood content falls under.

[quote name='Lokki']So is Enedwaith essentially the old Mirkwood expansion? I'm lost on this stuff. I played prior to the F2P era. I had purchased Moria back then. I'm back as a free player (premium though since I am an ex-subscriber) right now and I've had no issues playing my lvl 60 minstrel. They no longer have the expansions listed in the Turbine Store, so I'm not sure what the Mirkwood content falls under.[/QUOTE]

If I am not mistaken Enedwaith was added when LOTRO became free to play (so after the Mirkwood expansion), but it isn't part of Mirkwood. It is actually in Eraidor.

Also you can only buy the Mirkwood Expansion Quests now because the zone is actually free for everyone now, but the quests still are not.

Ok, that clears it up some. Thanks. I haven't really done a whole lot since I came back. I've just been playing about an hour or 2 a week. In that time, I'm usually just working on random Deeds in the low level areas while I get used to the game again.

The new weekly sale has been announced and will run from the February 25th to March 3rd. It is pretty underwhelming, but I guess it is like that to make up for Enedwaith being 75% off.

But you can tell it is underwhelming because I am not even listing anything...

Ok so I have some news. Recently AdvofJet decided to give me leadership of the kinship, or at least eventual leadership. I know this doesn't effect 90% of the people in the kinship since almost nobody plays.

Anyway, I decided to open our kinship to even more outside membership. I created a separate website for this exact reason. I figured it might be nicer to have a separate website if we get a lot of outside membership. And I have started advertising on the LOTRO forums. I may start advertising in-game, but to be honest I find that annoying so I probably won't do it.

Really I would love this group to become much more active so outside membership wasn't necessary, but alas... it is boring playing alone.

And finally the last thing I would like to ask some people is if they could at least sign up on the new website so you can tie your characters to an account. You don't have to really be active there, but I feel it might be nicer if new potential members see that there isn't complete inactivity in our kinship.

Also I still plan on updating this page with new sales and what not, but I will probably do even more on the new website.

Kaltic: Thanks for keeping the kinship going and posting the deals (which I usually get on my Twitter stream but sometimes don't see). I just filled out the kinship application on the new website.

Thanks for signing up and sorry for the application questions. I assigned one of your characters to your account, but I don't know what other characters are yours so you would have to do that if you want to.

Also I didn't even consider getting using an rss feed for the store sales until I started the new website (which does have an rss feed).

Need to get around Middle Earth with some speed? Why not get the riding skill for 48 turbine points. That is right, the Riding skill is 50% off FOR TOMORROW ONLY (3/1/11).

Now if only Tollshaws, Evendium, or Angmar would go on sale..... I WANT TO PROGRESS MY CHAMPION!!!!... for cheap...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kaltic']Need to get around Middle Earth with some speed? Why not get the riding skill for 48 turbine points. That is right, the Riding skill is 50% off FOR TOMORROW ONLY (2/29/11).

Now if only Tollshaws, Evendium, or Angmar would go on sale..... I WANT TO PROGRESS MY CHAMPION!!!!... for cheap...[/QUOTE]

hehe think you mean 3/1/11. No Leap Year this year. ;)

[quote name='Lokki']hehe think you mean 3/1/11. No Leap Year this year. ;)[/QUOTE]

What is sad is the fact that it originally said 2/28/11 and I edited it to 2/29/11...

You can use the code 20PERCENTCARTCOUPON to receive a 20% discount on an entire order in the LOTRO store. This coupon is supposed to be limited to 100 people so act fast to get it.

So is the crafting guild access a one-time purchase? Or do you have to purchase it again at each tier?

Also what are the legendary item services? The link just takes you to the lorebook guide on legendary items.

I've started playing again but I can't line up a good time to team with people to complete some lvl 32 quest in Angmar. If anyone is interested, let me know.

[quote name='Megazell']I've started playing again but I can't line up a good time to team with people to complete some lvl 32 quest in Angmar. If anyone is interested, let me know.[/QUOTE]

I would love to join you, but unfortunately I don't own Angmar, and I currently don't have the time to play (too many tests to study for this week). Next week is Spring Break, and knowing the nerd in me I will be playing video games the entire time. So I might have the points to buy it by then (I think I am only 50 off) so I would be totally up for teaming up in Angmar next week (if I have the points to buy the quest pack).

[quote name='Megazell']I've started playing again but I can't line up a good time to team with people to complete some lvl 32 quest in Angmar. If anyone is interested, let me know.[/QUOTE]
Do you mean Agamaur? The area in the Lone Lands near Ost Guruth. There are several group quests there that lead up to the Garth Agarwen instances (Grimbark, Ivar, Red-Maid).

[quote name='redline']Do you mean Agamaur? The area in the Lone Lands near Ost Guruth. There are several group quests there that lead up to the Garth Agarwen instances (Grimbark, Ivar, Red-Maid).[/QUOTE]

Yes. Agamaur. I need to take on the evil humans there and red-maid. I joined a pug group and we got SLAUGHTERED.

[quote name='redline']Do you mean Agamaur? The area in the Lone Lands near Ost Guruth. There are several group quests there that lead up to the Garth Agarwen instances (Grimbark, Ivar, Red-Maid).[/QUOTE]

You know it is surprising I didn't notice that (lvl 32 =/= Angmar).... I may just be an idiot.

[quote name='Megazell']Yes. Agamaur. I need to take on the evil humans there and red-maid. I joined a pug group and we got SLAUGHTERED.[/QUOTE]

Then yeah I can totally join up with you for that. But like I said before I don't have much time to play this week, with that said I need to take a break from studying and play some games here and there.

I technically am open all of tonight (I can schedule my studying around a little gaming session) so if you want to then just say a time and I can be there, hell if redline is open we can do the 3 man instances.

I'm going to be online from 10:30 PM EST to about 11:30 PM EST playing LOTRO. If you or anyone else can make it - Groovy. If not I can always keeping riding to these far off quest...blagh!

I'll try to be on tonight. Kaltic and I did the red-maid a few nights ago in a 6-man pick-up group and beat her. Her dress is hanging on the wall in the kin house. :)

Grimbark we can probably take down without much problem, 3-man. Ivar is pretty tough though. His adds heal him and he puts a nasty debuff on you that drains your power. If you have any interrupt skills that's a bonus, it can help prevent him from summoning adds.

Here's a thread with some strategies for Ivar:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?376932-Is-Ivar-supposed-to-be-this-hard&p=5188794#post5188794

[quote name='redline']I'll try to be on tonight. Kaltic and I did the red-maid a few nights ago in a 6-man pick-up group and beat her. Her dress is hanging on the wall in the kin house. :)

Grimbark we can probably take down without much problem, 3-man. Ivar is pretty tough though. His adds heal him and he puts a nasty debuff on you that drains your power. If you have any interrupt skills that's a bonus, it can help prevent him from summoning adds.

Here's a thread with some strategies for Ivar:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?376932-Is-Ivar-supposed-to-be-this-hard&p=5188794#post5188794[/QUOTE]

Well my champ has two disrupts. One stuns a group and the other is literally a disrupt on one person so we would have those.

Yeah, that $100 points bundle is pretty impressive. I'm wondering if I get that, I'd have enough to buy all the quest packs and everything else and might not need to do VIP again. Too bad we can't do a group buy on the points ;-)

In case anyone wants some free turbine points (with a side of hassle...) you can go to playspan and do surveys and what not. By doing surveys you can gain points that you can then spend on various prizes, which includes turbine points.

I did decide to join this site (two days ago) and actually already got 420 turbine points in roughly 1 day (which was nice) and am already over half way to another 420, but it was a big of hassle. There are plenty of things that you will finish and just not get the points for... Also you HAVE to make a fake email otherwise get prepared for a bunch of spam. Also I downloaded a greasemonkey program to help with filling surveys (yay!) so that was an added bonus.

Anyway, I felt like I would share this since it does work. If anyway has the time to spend you can get pretty much as many turbine points as a VIP member per month is just about 1 or 2 days.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Yeah, that $100 points bundle is pretty impressive. I'm wondering if I get that, I'd have enough to buy all the quest packs and everything else and might not need to do VIP again. Too bad we can't do a group buy on the points ;-)[/QUOTE]

That's sort of what I did with DDO but I never went VIP there. I spent $100 on points and have every quest pack, shared storage, 32-point builds, warforge, monk, and favored soul unlocked. Basically a lifetime subscription, and hopefully I can earn enough points to pay for future quest packs.

Alright, I just finished classes and am starting spring break so if anyone needs help or wants to do something like Garth Argwaren (or however you spell it) then just say so and I will be there.

[quote name='Kaltic']Alright, I just finished classes and am starting spring break so if anyone needs help or wants to do something like Garth Argwaren (or however you spell it) then just say so and I will be there.[/QUOTE]

I was just on today. I will probably be on tonight not sure of time though. I will have my Xfire up, though.

Hey,

Did some talking with Kaltic today and I also sent a PM to the OP for this thread. Wanted to list the most likely times members will be online for this game. I've recently taken a new interest into LOTRO so my online times for this game will be:

Mon: 9:30 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST

Wed: 9:30 PM EST to 10:00 PM EST

Saturday: 9:00 PM EST to 11:00 PM EST

Just as a reminder to people in the kin. We do have a kinship website at http://cag.guildlaunch.com. Also we just got a new member, Quilty (Yay more active players!!!). And also thanks to Megazell for introducing our new kin member to an immediate talk of slavery in Bree-Land... You would have wouldn't you.. :).

And as another reminder to players. Update 2 will be coming out on March 21st and it will include features like new instances, solo epic book 2 quests, and a completely new character and outfit screen (A thanks to LOTRO twitter for spilling the beans on the exact date).

[quote name='Kaltic']Just as a reminder to people in the kin. We do have a kinship website at http://cag.guildlaunch.com. Also we just got a new member, Quilty (Yay more active players!!!). And also thanks to Megazell for introducing our new kin member to an immediate talk of slavery in Bree-Land... You would have wouldn't you.. :).

And as another reminder to players. Update 2 will be coming out on March 21st and it will include features like new instances, solo epic book 2 quests, and a completely new character and outfit screen (A thanks to LOTRO twitter for spilling the beans on the exact date).[/QUOTE]

It was a free and legal discussion.

My playtimes are like this...

Weekdays - 1 PM CST - 12 PM CST
Saturday - 8 AM CST - 12 PM CST
The weekday times do fluctuate because of some classes, but that is about it. Also in reality Saturday is an any, but I went with when I most likely will play.

And yes, I can play that much... I need a job so bad...

think i'm going to try playing again. gotten pretty much everything i can from the two games i felt were better than lotro so i'm gonna give it another shot. will be on today around 4:30pm ish pst assuming the game downloads by the time i get home from work.

I just received another application to join our kinship, but I don't know if I will be on today to invite in-game. If I can't get on then I will try to edit this post so hopefully one of the officers can invite them. Of course there is also tomorrow... or the next day...

I finally got back in the game for 2 or 3 hours yesterday evening. Just went to check my game email (won a PAX lottery and got some booze and fireworks) and then saw Buvo online and started chatting and then figured I'd try to clear out a couple of quests I still had from when I was VIP. After a bit I finished those two and then headed over to another area where I had a few more quests leftover from VIP and cleared out a couple of those.

I was getting that "just one more quest and then I'll stop" itch, but was getting really annoyed by the fact that each time I finished up a quest and another one would open up (or I'd venture into another area), I'd get the message that I would have to pay TP to get the quest pack for that area. I thought about using some of my TP, but then decided to just use one of my 60-day time cards instead.

However, I found out the hard way there is a problem with adding a time card to an account that was VIP but has then dropped back down to Premium:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?352148-GTC-and-Product-Key-Issues-with-Resubscription
Basically, you will probably have to ask them to manually force the code into your account because it won't automatically upgrade you back to VIP. I posted my problem last night and still haven't received a response yet. Very frustrating, since I wanted to get back in the game and finish off some more quests last night.

In any case, now that I'm using one of my time cards I'll try to play more often for the next 8 weeks so I don't waste it. I'll check to see if I can invite macronia when I'm online next time.

bread's done
Back