CoD: Black Ops Contest

GameStopTom

CAGiversary!
I work for GameStop, so I wanted to make sure you'd all heard about our top secret Black Ops contest.

Alright, so it's not so top secret anymore, but that's neither here nor there...

Check out the site - half the fun is finding the hidden prizes yourself, so I won't tell you any more... except that a new mission unlocks every few days and the one coming next week is particularly awesome.

Like I said, I work for GameStop (as you probably guessed from my username) so let me know if you have any questions.

That's a bit much work for a $10 t-shirt imo, thanks anyway gamestop. Hopefully the prizes get a little sweeter next week. I found 2 codes and they were already claimed, I'll check it next week since you make it sound like prizes may be better.

I dont know how to even spot the codes :/

Nevermind Ive found like 8 and they were used up :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Picture of a landscape...am I supposed to be seeing codes hidden in here somewhere? I feel stupid for not being able to see anything.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Picture of a landscape...am I supposed to be seeing codes hidden in here somewhere? I feel stupid for not being able to see anything.[/QUOTE]

You have to zoom in, almost to maximum and look for them. I personally wouldn't bother with the current picture. Another will be posted at 12 noon CST, my guess is most codes were claimed off the current image, well unless you have a lot of time to kill.

[quote name='needler420']So what are the prizes from this then?[/QUOTE]

According to the rules, it's a T-shirt worth $10. That's the only prize.

Yup, what's with the image game anyway?
Its so retarded, you either have to be very lucky to find a code, or be VERY bored...

[quote name='needler420']i don't get it are the codes on this link ?[/QUOTE]

The codes are hidden deep within the landscape picture. Like full zoom and if you look hard it enough you'll find a random 6-digit code on like a tree or a rock.

[quote name='CBas92']The codes are hidden deep within the landscape picture. Like full zoom and if you look hard it enough you'll find a random 6-digit code on like a tree or a rock.[/QUOTE]

You mean of the computer screen of the link i lined with all the green flashing lines? Because i don't see tress and rocks.

Thanks for fixing my link. If the codes you find have all been claimed, just check back later. A new picture with all new codes unlocks every day.

And if you're hoping for different prizes, you're in luck. I can't say too much about it, but the mission unlocking next week is a big one...

AWESOME, found a code but the page crashed soon after it told me I found a new code, I didn't see the rest of the text but I did catch something about a confirmation email. What else am I missing from the text? I hope I still get the email!:pray:

Both my friend and I just found codes and they were valid.

We both took screens of our codes. These things are basically scribbles in ridiculously hard to find areas. All the obvious ones that are typed out on the sides of roads and whatnot are all used.

Isn't this a really awesome way to get fired? Because I talked about my job once in my personal blog. And then I didn't have that job any more.

He's promoting a public contest. It's not like he's giving away the codes or saying Gamestop sucks.

EDIT

After messing around with it, my friend and I have determined that any random combo of numbers and letters will give you a message saying your code has been entered successfully and that you'll be contacted. Also, it does not accept duplicates as we both tried each others codes and it said they'd already been entered.

You'd think they would've just entered those 25 codes and made those the only valid combination of numbers and letters. Has me less optimistic that the code I entered is actually correct since as I said, it's very hard to read.

Found 2, both redeemed already :(
Found one in a rock, but cant remember what it was
Found one in some snow at the top of the pic, starts with an H

Edit: 3rd time's a charm.
Found mine near a road

i just found a code too.
it says gamestop will contact you within 48 hrs. they have to verify the code.
and then asks for your information again

[quote name='BasicConduct']I Pre-Ordered at gamestop never got my Flight Suit code for the 360!![/QUOTE]

maybe you can get it when the game comes out or when its available in the market place.

well i took a pic but i cant post links yet. what you missed was the submission form. you have to fill it out and then they verify the code, then contact you

[quote name='tripleOGkush']well i took a pic but i cant post links yet. what you missed was the submission form. you have to fill it out and then they verify the code, then contact you[/QUOTE]

CRAP, thanks for the heads up on that! I'll have to email them and see what they can do...

[quote name='Sharkey1337']CRAP, thanks for the heads up on that! I'll have to email them and see what they can do...[/QUOTE]

it would be good if you remembered the code and go back and try it again

how hard is it find a code?! i seriously feel like i'm blind when i zoom in all the way.. is anyone using firefox?

[quote name='tripleOGkush']it would be good if you remembered the code and go back and try it again[/QUOTE]

I actually went back but now the code is missing from the spot I found it. I don't know if they've updated the picture to remove found codes?

In the rules it says "There is a limit of a total of one (1) Eligible Entry per person."

Does that mean if you win a T-shirt now you can't win the bigger prizes later?

so i have a avatar code for preordering the game. anyone wanna trade something for it? i really want into the assassin's creed multiplayer

[quote name='mr.me']In the rules it says "There is a limit of a total of one (1) Eligible Entry per person."

Does that mean if you win a T-shirt now you can't win the bigger prizes later?[/QUOTE]

There are no bigger prizes.

Also, they note in the official rules that they will attempt to contact winners over the telephone. Yuck. Id prefer to not talk to them... just respond to an email

[quote name='SEH']He's promoting a public contest. It's not like he's giving away the codes or saying Gamestop sucks.

EDIT

After messing around with it, my friend and I have determined that any random combo of numbers and letters will give you a message saying your code has been entered successfully and that you'll be contacted. Also, it does not accept duplicates as we both tried each others codes and it said they'd already been entered.

You'd think they would've just entered those 25 codes and made those the only valid combination of numbers and letters. Has me less optimistic that the code I entered is actually correct since as I said, it's very hard to read.[/QUOTE]

Had me a little worried there. I had my brother try putting in jibberish on his computer and it said he won. I had him retry the code I won with and it says it was already taken. GameStop's probably got quite a few people expecting free shirts.

EDIT: Ah, crap.

I just put in "BORT" and "QUE" as random codes I made up and it said I won. I tried them both again and it says they were taken. No clue if I actually won now.

EDIT 2:

Okay, let's try and figure this out. The word that I found, or think I found, isn't typed out like a few of the codes or obvious like others. It looks like it could be part of the landscape, but it spells out an actual word, all the letters are about the same size, and it isn't at any odd angle.

Anyone else find codes like that? Where's GameStopTom?

EDIT 3:

Well, fuck me. I found the original image and of course with my luck, I managed to spot the one freaking tiny little natural formation that just happens to look like it spells out "SOFT". Figures.

Bet the guy that picked up Fixit off that orange water tower or whatever it is won't be getting a t-shirt either.

bread's done
Back