EB Games B&M Deals valid 3/18/05 - 3/27/05

tenzor

CAGiversary!
here are the highlights
valid 3/18/05 - 3/27/05

here is the scan of the ad from ebgames.com
Cheap ass link

*2 For $30 on all Greatest Hits, Platinum Hits and Players Choice games regulary priced $19.99
*Free GBA game ($19.99 or less) when purchased with a GBA SP SYS
*Megaman Anniversary XB $19.99 (I think this is MSRP, good price anyway)
*Free MLB Cap through mail w/purchase of MLB 2006 PS2 valid till 7/15/05
*Fable XB $29.99
*Shadow Hearts Conveant PS2 $19.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244013.asp
*Mortal Kombat Deception XB/PS2 $29.99 with $10 EB mail in voucher for Unreal Championship 2 (xbox only)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/240984.asp
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/241016.asp
*Spongebob Movie PS2/GC/XB $29.99
*The Incredibles PS2/GC/XB $29.99
*$20 EB Mail in Voucher when you purchase Halo 2 and Halo 2 Guide Book on same purchase
*Paper Mario GC $39.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242782.asp
*Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GC $19.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234185.asp
*NES Classic Super Mario Bros $14.99 GBA
*NES Classic Adventure of Link $14.99 GBA
*NES Classic Metroid $14.99 GBA
*Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 PC $24.99
*Sims 2 Expansion University $19.99 after $5 instant savings and $10 EB Gift Voucher
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/246667.asp
*Pre Played PS2/XB System for $99.99 when you trade in your working Playstation system and 3 Playstation games or Nintendo 64 system and 5 Nintendo 64 games.

*Get the following titles for $19.99 when you trade in 3 select PS2/XB/GC games
-Fight Night Round 2 XB/PS2
-Timesplitter 3 XB/PS2/GC
-DBZ Sagas PS2/XB/GC

*Receive $50 trade in credit towards these featured titles when you trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games
-Mercenaries XB/PS2
-Resident Evil 4 GC
-The Punisher XB/PS 2
-Prince of Persia 2 PS2
-Star Wars Republic Commando XB/PC
-Battlefield 2 w/free headset for pre order PC
-Gran Turismo 4 ps2
-GTA San Andreas XBOX
-DOOM 3 (or CE) XB
-Splinter Cell Chaos Theory PS2/XB/GC/PC

WOW~
Shadow Hearts Conveant PS2 $19.99
final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GC $19.99
Mortal Kombat Deception XB/PS2 $29.99

Great~!! thanks op~

Shadow Hearts Covenant for $20 is definitely a great price. TRU's been had it at that price as well, but it's near difficult to grab a copy there. wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to 20 all over sometime soon, though.

and a bit off-topic, but anyone know if EB's still running the "buy 2, get 1 free" promo?

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']Shadow Hearts Covenant for $20 is definitely a great price. TRU's been had it at that price as well, but it's near difficult to grab a copy there. wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to 20 all over sometime soon, though.

and a bit off-topic, but anyone know if EB's still running the "buy 2, get 1 free" promo?[/quote]

I still have an extra copy that I picked up. There is another one at my store as well I think.

Wow $20 bucks for Shadow Hearts! I never play a shadow hearts game before but I might after hearing all this rave review by CAG members here.

trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games

if i trade 5
-primal
-mojo
-ejay club
-mad maestro
-mirra bmx gh ver.

can i get RE4 ??
i also have turik,xiii,pro bass challenge

[quote name='memi']trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games

if i trade 5
-primal
-mojo
-ejay club
-mad maestro
-mirra bmx gh ver.

can i get RE4 ??
i also have turik,xiii,pro bass challenge[/quote]

prob not, think of it this way most games that EB sells for $12.99 used or below will prob be excluded. Since they are giving you $10.00 trade in credit for each game (up to 5), they still need to make a decent profit margin. So basically if they give you $10.00 credit for Primal and they sell it for $7.99, they are not getting anything out of it. Bottom line is most of the games that will work for their deals have to be games that they are selling for $14.99 or higher (sometimes the $12.99 games will work).

[quote name='Mishimaryu']5 games for GT4 I have 5 crappy games somewhere around! :wink:[/quote]

FYI, the games have to be non-excluded or POX titles..
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/exclusions.asp - thats the list of games that won't qualify you for any special promos or of that type, and some new ones may not have been yet added.

Some cheap ones that some people might have picked up from the TRU sale that still qualify are Voodoo Vince, Mary Kate and Ashley Sweet 16: Licensed to Drive, Cabela Deer Hunt 2004, just to name one of a few others.

[quote name='memi']trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games

if i trade 5
-primal
-mojo
-ejay club
-mad maestro
-mirra bmx gh ver.

can i get RE4 ??
i also have turik,xiii,pro bass challenge[/quote]

:rofl:

oh, wait he's a newb . . .

My young padawan you have much to learn about the evil empire we call EBGames.

You could have gotten $28 for those games last month, now . . . $3.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']There's no such thing as "NES Classics Link's Awakening," since the game was a Game Boy title. :wink:

Which of the two Zelda games is it really?[/quote]

its the 2nd gba new zelda game that came out

lol....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh god..
someone pm me.. he said
"you only chance trade for fye.."
i thought they didnt take them..
i will FIRE all my TRU 1$ games..
i have like 20copies xiii and 20 primal..

Shadow Hearts 2 is great at that price. I picked it up when it was 30 definately worth 20, one of those sleeper hits RPG's out there for PS2!

Receive $50 trade in credit towards these featured titles when you trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games

hey how will this work if you trade in 5 games say for RE 4 and decide you don't want RE 4 anymore? Will they put your 50 of store credit on a gift card or it's just non refundable? Since EB strictly mentions May not be combined with any other offer or discount. No substitutions will be made.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/shops/instoretradein/

[quote name='blueweltall']Wow $20 bucks for Shadow Hearts! I never play a shadow hearts game before but I might after hearing all this rave review by CAG members here.[/quote]

SH:C is amazing. its a must play for any rpg fan. i will probably get another copy just to have a sealed one

I see they're doing another 2 for $30 on all GH, PH, and PC games. Seems like they do one of these at the various stores every other week.

And oh thank God, Shadow Hearts: Covenant PS2 at 19.99. The perfect price. I'm so getting that. Oh wait :shock:, the date of this sale is the day that leave. Ahhh.....O.k. it might put me in a bind but I am picking this game up.

[quote name='tenzor'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']There's no such thing as "NES Classics Link's Awakening," since the game was a Game Boy title. :wink:

its the 2nd gba new zelda game that came out[/quote]

So is it Zelda: Minish Cap or the second Zelda that is part of the Nintendo Classics line up?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I see they're doing another 2 for $30 on all GH, PH, and PC games. Seems like they do one of these at the various stores every other week.

And oh thank God, Shadow Hearts: Covenant PS2 at 19.99. The perfect price. I'm so getting that. Oh wait :shock:, the date of this sale is the day that leave. Ahhh.....O.k. it might put me in a bind but I am picking this game up.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, hiccuple, I'm on vacation from the 19th to the 26th, though took the 18th off to get the last things I need before I leave. Which might be a trip to EB with some games. :D

I did do the 5 for $50 trade-in for Doom 3 CE, with 4 games I picked up for $10 or less, plus one I'm not going to play again (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance), though finding more games that get into the "paid less than $10 and I don't want anymore" might be a little difficult.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='hiccupleftovers']I see they're doing another 2 for $30 on all GH, PH, and PC games. Seems like they do one of these at the various stores every other week.

And oh thank God, Shadow Hearts: Covenant PS2 at 19.99. The perfect price. I'm so getting that. Oh wait :shock:, the date of this sale is the day that leave. Ahhh.....O.k. it might put me in a bind but I am picking this game up.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, hiccuple, I'm on vacation from the 19th to the 26th, though took the 18th off to get the last things I need before I leave. Which might be a trip to EB with some games. :D

I did do the 5 for $50 trade-in for Doom 3 CE, with 4 games I picked up for $10 or less, plus one I'm not going to play again (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance), though finding more games that get into the "paid less than $10 and I don't want anymore" might be a little difficult.[/quote]

I think I still have some of the paid less than $5 games left that I'm going to try and trade in and some other games that I don't want. Not really interested in anything they have with the offer though. And yaeh, I leave the 18th and vacation also. CAG's going to be half empty with everybody gone.

I'd hoped that at least B1G1 50% off would come back... or at least some type of deal on preowned. Guess I'll just have to wait till april.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']Shadow Hearts 2 is [...] one of those sleeper hits RPG's out there for PS2![/quote]
this can easily be said for the original Shadow Hearts. came out a few weeks before FFX and no one bothered to blink an eye. i have a habit of not playing through games, but SH was something i felt like i needed to finish. the ending was pretty underwhelming after going through such a ridiculously long final battle, but the overall experience was extremely positive.

... I called a local store... and it said games that are SPORTS, or games before 2003 are excluded for the trade in 5 thingy special... and gay they never accept jampacks

I think I'll pick up SH Covenant. I keep hearing good things about this game and $20, it's a can't miss title.

hey well can anyone answer my question?

How will this work if you trade in 5 games say for RE 4 and decide you don't want RE 4 anymore? Will they put your 50 of store credit on a gift card or it's just non refundable? Since EB strictly mentions May not be combined with any other offer or discount. No substitutions will be made.

[quote name='memi']lol....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh god..
someone pm me.. he said
"you only chance trade for fye.."
i thought they didnt take them..
i will FIRE all my TRU 1$ games..
i have like 20copies xiii and 20 primal..[/quote]

Hoarding up for the winter or something? ;)

[quote name='Mishimaryu']hey well can anyone answer my question?

How will this work if you trade in 5 games say for RE 4 and decide you don't want RE 4 anymore? Will they put your 50 of store credit on a gift card or it's just non refundable? Since EB strictly mentions May not be combined with any other offer or discount. No substitutions will be made.[/quote]

it should be returnable. Just make sure its sealed, within 14 days and with a receipt. If worst comes to worst just take your game and receipt to another EB, and they will do it if the one by you knew you got the game from the trades.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='tenzor'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']There's no such thing as "NES Classics Link's Awakening," since the game was a Game Boy title. :wink:

So is it Zelda: Minish Cap or the second Zelda that is part of the Nintendo Classics line up?[/quote]

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245342.asp

For the "trade in 5 for 50 in credit" deal, what if you only have 3 games to trade in? Will EB just give you 30 towards the purchase of one of those listed games?

DBZ Sagas for GC should only be $10 after trading in 3 games since it's price is $39.99. My question is, is there really any difference between that version and the PS2/Xbox incarnation?

[quote name='mongo_mongo']For the "trade in 5 for 50 in credit" deal, what if you only have 3 games to trade in? Will EB just give you 30 towards the purchase of one of those listed games?[/quote]

No. Its trade in 5 for 50. If you trade in 3 you get whatever credit for those individual games.

Its not a tough concept to understand.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='mongo_mongo']For the "trade in 5 for 50 in credit" deal, what if you only have 3 games to trade in? Will EB just give you 30 towards the purchase of one of those listed games?[/quote]

No. Its trade in 5 for 50. If you trade in 3 you get whatever credit for those individual games.

Its not a tough concept to understand.[/quote]

Actually, the deal states you can get up to $50 in trade in credit if you trade in 5 select games. So if you trade in 3 games you would get $30 in credit and have to pay the rest plus tax.

[quote name='Santorum X'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='mongo_mongo']For the "trade in 5 for 50 in credit" deal, what if you only have 3 games to trade in? Will EB just give you 30 towards the purchase of one of those listed games?[/quote]

Actually, the deal states you can get up to $50 in trade in credit if you trade in 5 select games. So if you trade in 3 games you would get $30 in credit and have to pay the rest plus tax.[/quote]

Maybe it works that way at the EB you go to, but all of my local EBs don't do it that way.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Santorum X'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='mongo_mongo']For the "trade in 5 for 50 in credit" deal, what if you only have 3 games to trade in? Will EB just give you 30 towards the purchase of one of those listed games?[/quote]

Actually, the deal states you can get up to $50 in trade in credit if you trade in 5 select games. So if you trade in 3 games you would get $30 in credit and have to pay the rest plus tax.[/quote]

Maybe it works that way at the EB you go to, but all of my local EBs don't do it that way.[/quote]
Yeah, there was the mentioning of saving "up to 50 off", suggesting that you didn't need to trade in 5 games. I've never done one of these deals at EB before, thats why I asked. But hey mmn, thanks for not being a jackass when replying to me - jackass.

[quote name='mmn'][quote name='Santorum X'][quote name='mmn'][quote name='mongo_mongo']For the "trade in 5 for 50 in credit" deal, what if you only have 3 games to trade in? Will EB just give you 30 towards the purchase of one of those listed games?[/quote]

Maybe it works that way at the EB you go to, but all of my local EBs don't do it that way.[/quote]

Then your local stores don't know shit about their own promotion. It clearly states that you can get $10 per select game when traded in towards a PSP game, up to $50.

The trade-in offers that corporate comes up with are nationwide, not everywhere but your local EBs. ITS NOT A HARD CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND.

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']Then your local stores don't know shit about their own promotion. It clearly states that you can get $10 per select game when traded in towards a PSP game, up to $50.

The trade-in offers that corporate comes up with are nationwide, not everywhere but your local EBs. ITS NOT A HARD CONCEPT TO UNDERSTAND.

Dave[/quote]

Oh! I see what you did there! Nice work using the internet Dave. I'm very proud of you.

From EBs website :

$50 trade-in credit toward WWE Wrestlemania XXI XB Active: Now - 3/31/2005
Trade-in 5 qualifying pre-played XB games and receive $50.00 towards the pre-purchase or purchase of WWE WRESTLEMANIA XXI XB.

That's pretty much the wording on all the "trade in 5 for $50" deals. I don't see the words "UP TO" anywhere on their "in store trade in specials" section.

Also, from the original post :

-DBZ Sagas PS2/XB/GC

*Receive $50 trade in credit towards these featured titles when you trade in 5 select PS2, XB, GC games
-Mercenaries XB/PS2
-Resident Evil 4 GC
-The Punisher XB/PS 2
-Prince of Persia 2 PS2
-Gran Turismo 4 ps2
-GTA San Andreas XBOX
-DOOM 3 (or CE) XB

If you could simply take in 3 games not on the exclusion list and get $30 credit towards ANY game, why would they separate them into those two categories?

So maybe you're right, maybe EB doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about. But according to their own wording from their own website, you need to trade in 5 games to get the $50 credit at one time.

[quote name='mmn']
Also, from the original post :

-DBZ Sagas PS2/XB/GC

-Mercenaries XB/PS2
-Resident Evil 4 GC
-The Punisher XB/PS 2
-Prince of Persia 2 PS2
-Gran Turismo 4 ps2
-GTA San Andreas XBOX
-DOOM 3 (or CE) XB

If you could simply take in 3 games not on the exclusion list and get $30 credit towards ANY game, why would they separate them into those two categories?
[/quote]

Maybe because some of them have a limit of three games, while the others will allow up to five?

I know at my EB B&M they have always allowed me to trade in up to the specified number of games.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='tenzor'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']There's no such thing as "NES Classics Link's Awakening," since the game was a Game Boy title. :wink:

So is it Zelda: Minish Cap or the second Zelda that is part of the Nintendo Classics line up?[/quote]

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245342.asp[/quote]

Thanks for the info Trakan. Ahh oh well, I have this one. Was really hoping it was Minish Cap too.

bread's done
Back