Gladiator BluRay Exchange Program FREE (new release with better PQ)

Jodou

Infamous
Feedback
12 (100%)
Saw this on Blu-Ray.com and the program goes like this:[quote name='"CH108"']Here are the address's of the two exchange centre's

US and Canada:
PHE Mkt c/o Deluxe Media Management
P.O. Box 801464
Valencia, CA 91380-1464

UK:

Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd
'Gladiator Exchange'
Prospect House
80-110 New Oxford Street
London
WC1A 1HB

Telephone number of Paramount: 888-889-9456

The operator will only want to confirm that you have the old disc, using the number on the inner ring of the disc (data side) so it's not entirely necessary.

I would take disc one and make a note of the number in the inner ring data side ( you would have to hold it in the light at a certain angle) it should be NA*****R1 or something like that. Then put the disc in a plastic sleeve or something to protect it and then put the disc in an envelope with a letter explaining that you want your disc replaced with the remastered version. Also put your name, address, telephone number and the disc number just to be safe, although I'm sure they'll see it when they look at the disc.[/quote]Essentially, you send Paramount disc one of the old transfer and in ~2 weeks they'll send you a copy of the remastered version for free. I'll be partaking in this, as I'm sure many of you will too. The proof is in the pudding:

For anyone looking for a quick letter format to send with their copy, you might find mine useful:
RE: Gladiator Blu-Ray Exchange Program

Greetings,

Please find enclosed a copy of Gladiator (disc ID NAXXXXXXXR1) for exchange with a re-mastered copy and ship to the address below:

[Your Name, Address, and Optional Phone #]

Warm Regards,

[Your Name]

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks op! ill definitely be doing this as well. i bought it knowing the transfer wasnt great during a sale, so this is a nice surprise.

Does anyone know the number where i can get a replacement for Saving Private Ryan? I did the Gladiator one about 3 weeks ago and received it in about 2 weeks via fed ex. The new transfer is perfect, i can now see the flaming arrows.

If it's still unopened, buy the yellow sku at another store(walmart, target etc.) and returned the old unopened copy with the new receipt.

It is not return fraud because they both have the same sku.

Just a quicker way to do it if you have an unopened copy.

Yep, I didn't know this existed either till I happened to read a review of the new SKU of Gladiator. Turnaround time was quicker than 4 weeks for me, put it in the mail on Sept 4th and it was in my mailbox in a cardboard sleeve on the 21st.

Used a leftover W-2 envelope to mail it in as the disc doesn't fit in a standard envelope and it doesn't matter in what condition it gets to them. Just put my name, address, and telephone number and that it was for the Gladiator blu-ray exchange program.

Does anyone know if the copies out in the wild were recalled and replaced? Or a difference in SKU or whatnot to tell the difference? I was waiting for the quality issue to be corrected before buying it, and my girlfriend has been pissed about my refusal to buy it for that reason. Now she can maybe stop bitching... ;)

[quote name='sp00ge']Does anyone know if the copies out in the wild were recalled and replaced? Or a difference in SKU or whatnot to tell the difference? I was waiting for the quality issue to be corrected before buying it, and my girlfriend has been pissed about my refusal to buy it for that reason. Now she can maybe stop bitching... ;)[/QUOTE]
The SKUs on the new ones are yellow.

[quote name='tactician26']If it's still unopened, buy the yellow sku at another store(walmart, target etc.) and returned the old unopened copy with the new receipt.

It is not return fraud because they both have the same sku.

Just a quicker way to do it if you have an unopened copy.[/QUOTE]

Did not think of that, thanks! I haven't opened mine yet but am sure it's the bad transfer copy. Buying/returning tonight!

Why are so many of you calling? The only reason to call is if you aren't sure you have a bad one, and if you bought it more than a couple of months ago the new one wasn't even out.

Great, I didn't know about this replacement program. Are they doing it with any other disks? I got this movie last black Friday and used the mail in rebate to upgrade my DVD. So I got the DVD for $12 then 10 dollars back in the MIR. If I add tax, the cost of the bubble mailer I had sitting around my house and shipping costs to them I'm probably looking at roughly $4.50 for gladiator now. Still a damn good deal and I'm glad I went ahead and got it last black Friday.

[quote name='shrike4242']Welcome to a month and a half ago:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7509294&postcount=2894

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7509428&postcount=2897

Though, a standalone thread isn't a bad idea.[/QUOTE]
Ah, see I've never read that thread and it's pretty obvious just from me being oblivious that some people never saw it. I did a forum search and all that came up were a few deal threads including the $10 BF sale that I got mine from lol.[quote name='radioactivez0r']Aw nuts, I was hoping it was DVD to Blu upgrade for free :[[/QUOTE]
My bad, I'll fix the title for clarification. Or Shrike can beat me to it rofl.

[quote name='KyleN']Does anyone know if there ever was a replacement program like this for the Gangs of New York disc?[/QUOTE]Not one as of the moment, no.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Aw nuts, I was hoping it was DVD to Blu upgrade for free :[[/QUOTE]I fixed the thread title to be less confusing.

Gangs of New York didn't have a replacement program, they simply re-released it with a new cover. I need to see about Saving Private Ryan however, and it's DTS sync issue.

[quote name='turls']Why are so many of you calling? The only reason to call is if you aren't sure you have a bad one, and if you bought it more than a couple of months ago the new one wasn't even out.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I missed that part even though the OP has it in bold! I assumed that I needed to call to get authorization and receive a shipping label. Sucks that I have to front the cost of shipping for something that was a mistake on their part.

[quote name='rapsodist']Somehow I missed that part even though the OP has it in bold! I assumed that I needed to call to get authorization and receive a shipping label. Sucks that I have to front the cost of shipping for something that was a mistake on their part.[/QUOTE]
I ended up bolding that part since people weren't picking it up, so it wasn't just you.

Also, I'm adding a letter template to the OP to help streamline people making requests for an exchange.

So the new remastered version in the stores has the same UPC barcode but in yellow background instead of white?

[quote name='eau']So the new remastered version in the stores has the same UPC barcode but in yellow background instead of white?[/QUOTE]
That's my understanding.

So let me get this straight. In order for me to get my copy of the new transfer, all I need to do is to mail in my old copy of the disc with a written request to the address stated in the OP, and I'll get my copy in the mail?

[quote name='machindo']So let me get this straight. In order for me to get my copy of the new transfer, all I need to do is to mail in my old copy of the disc with a written request to the address stated in the OP, and I'll get my copy in the mail?[/QUOTE]Yes.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']Is there an actual official page announcing the exchange program?[/QUOTE]
I saw it on Highdefdigest.com when it was first happening. I had an email address to contact them, then they called me and verified I had the older version, then I mailed it in and they sent me a new disk back. You only get the disk so keep your box.

[quote name='Finch106']I saw it on Highdefdigest.com when it was first happening. I had an email address to contact them, then they called me and verified I had the older version, then I mailed it in and they sent me a new disk back. You only get the disk so keep your box.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, At least Sony sent me a whole complete blu when I sent my Starship troopers back.

[quote name='HunteR7411']Bummer, At least Sony sent me a whole complete blu when I sent my Starship troopers back.[/QUOTE]

Paramount could have easily said "screw them" and not offered a replacement program for Gladiator at all. So be glad for Paramount at least replacing the crappy disc with the better one.

I'm going to be sending mine in tomorrow. Just curious in what way did you mail the disc in? Bubble mailer? I'm planning on just sticking the disc in a jewel case and placing it in an envelope. Would that be good enough?

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I'm going to be sending mine in tomorrow. Just curious in what way did you mail the disc in? Bubble mailer? I'm planning on just sticking the disc in a jewel case and placing it in an envelope. Would that be good enough?[/QUOTE]

When I called them, they told me to "just stick it in a regular envelope". Of course, there are no "regular envelopes" the size of a DVD so I used a bubble mailer that I had sitting in my house. It doesn't matter if the disk is messed up when they get it.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I'm going to be sending mine in tomorrow. Just curious in what way did you mail the disc in? Bubble mailer? I'm planning on just sticking the disc in a jewel case and placing it in an envelope. Would that be good enough?[/QUOTE]
I found an envelope for $.39 at the post office that worked fine. Ended up being ~$2 shipping altogether.

Since the UPC's for the "Old" version and the "Remastered" version are the same(?)... might be easier to just exchange the bad one for the good one, if your copy is still sealed.

FedEx just dropped off my disc tonight. Exactly two week turn-around time including my shipping time; very impressive for a free service! :)

[quote name='Jodou']FedEx just dropped off my disc tonight. Exactly two week turn-around time including my shipping time; very impressive for a free service! :)[/QUOTE]

I got mine today too. Two week turn around here as well (excluding Columbus Day).

bread's done
Back