Uncharted 2 GOTY (ps3) $49.99, Modnation Racers NEW MSRP ps3 $39.99, psp $19.99

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
On October 12, 2010, copies of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will start hitting retailers all over North America. For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:

* PlayStation Heroes Skin Pack
* UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune Multiplayer Pack
* UNCHARTED 2 Siege Expansion Pack
* Currency Multiplier which grants Double XP up to level 10 in Multiplayer
* Golden Guns option for the AK-47 and the 92FS 9mm pistol for use in Multiplayer
* Early access to “Revenge” Booster – you still have to purchase it with in-game cash!
* UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Motion Comic Bundle (which includes Episodes 1-4)
* UNCHARTED: Eye of Indra – Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton Character Skins
* UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 1
* UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves – Avatar Pack 2
* UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 3
* UNCHARTED Avatar Pack 4
* Pinball Heroes – UNCHARTED for the PSP

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-year-edition-coming-october-12th/#more-37178

ModNation Racers (ps3) new msrp: $39.99
ModNation Racers (psp) new msrp: $19.99
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/28/modnation-racers-over-300000-race-tracks-now-for-39-99/

I thought I'd pass this along if for no other reason than to inform people that they should hold off on any uncharted 2 purchases. Also, the regular Uncharted 2 was NOT added to the greatest hits collection this morning.

No great deals so far, but there are a few pre-order listings (msrp). Release date: 10/12/10
Gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=84486
Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/UNCHARTED-2-Among-Thieves-Playstation-3/dp/B002I0F5I2/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ lol

if any mods want to delete this thread they are free to do so. if not, i'll be adding updated links to retail outlets as they become available for best deal comparisons.

[quote name='Jodou']Obligatory MSRP is not a deal comment goes here.[/QUOTE]
Well if you're going to take care of that I guess all I have to add is that the multiplayer for this game is close to dead and since 90% of this GOTY version is for multiplayer it's not that great of a deal since most of it will be useless.

I mean unless someone likes walking around by themselves online with different skins on lol

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I mean unless someone likes walking around by themselves online with different skins on lol[/QUOTE]
I put on my wizard robe and hat. . .

This may surprise some of you, but The GOTY will no doubt give a bump in sales for Uncharted and lead to more people playing in MP.

[quote name='PublikDefender']true. they waited waaayyy too long to release this.[/QUOTE]

When should they release a GOTY? Summer? Spring? Look at the history of GOTY releases. They almost always come out a year later.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This may surprise some of you, but The GOTY will no doubt give a bump in sales for Uncharted and lead to more people playing in MP.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and with everyone running around like a retard with the revenge booster I'm sure that'll last long. . .

It's almost as bad as grenade spam. In fact, didn't they increase the explosion radius at one point and then revert back?

Is there anything here for people who don't give a shit about MP or avatar items? Read: is there anything to add to the single player campaign?

[quote name='Anexanhume']Is there anything here for people who don't give a shit about MP or avatar items? Read: is there anything to add to the single player campaign?[/QUOTE]
Nope.

Obligatory "they're screwing over the fans who bought this game when it first came out! How dare they re-release the game for cheaper with DLC they made us pay for one year later? They should've given out the DLC that didn't exist at the time for free to begin with!!!!!"

I'm most interested in the super voucher since I already have the original version. Hopefully it will still be included in the subsequent reprints (unlike the COD MW GOTY).

The super voucher is as bad ass as the exclusive voucher in the coveted Fortune Hunter edition.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Obligatory "they're screwing over the fans who bought this game when it first came out! How dare they re-release the game for cheaper with DLC they made us pay for one year later? They should've given out the DLC that didn't exist at the time for free to begin with!!!!!"[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I lost count of the number of times early adopters got screwed over by better re-releases. It's a business and they all do this to boost sale. It happens all the time in movie business.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Obligatory "they're screwing over the fans who bought this game when it first came out! How dare they re-release the game for cheaper with DLC they made us pay for one year later? They should've given out the DLC that didn't exist at the time for free to begin with!!!!!"[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I lost count of the number of times early adopters got screwed over by better re-releases. It's a business and they all do this to boost sale.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Well if you're going to take care of that I guess all I have to add is that the multiplayer for this game is close to dead and since 90% of this GOTY version is for multiplayer it's not that great of a deal since most of it will be useless.

I mean unless someone likes walking around by themselves online with different skins on lol[/QUOTE]

you should check your facts before you go spouting shit. mp for uncharted is pretty solid i should know i play the game every day and its my go to game for mp esecially deathmatch.

i dont think anyone is getting screwed over by this. im an early adopter to this series myself and ive bought almost all of the dlc( except for the shitty character packs) and ive had a blast playing. at least with this goty edition they waited a year or 2 before doing it weve all seen games get this treatment within the same year of release or more.

but with this continuing trend of goty editions i can see alot of people waiting for these kinds of deals in the future especially when they know a game will have alot of dlc.

Damn...

I know that what I'm going to say is not so CAG, but... my OCD doesn't allow me to buy Greatest Hits / Platinum Hits / Player's Choice / Game of the Year Editions...

I know this is a great deal, but I just can't... I need to have the first regular edition (or Collector's Edition if it has one).

I know... I'm lame...

@fernando rocker
yeah, but the packaging does change w/ each reissue. the original uncharted 2 didn't have all those 5 star reviews on the cover.

whoa, modnation racers just got a price drop: $40 for ps3, $19 for psp. might as well add it to the thread since they are related sony announcements.

Really tempted by new price tag of ModNation PSP, but the steering was atrocious in the demo, and I heard that it was never fixed for the final release. Bummer.

I'm more surprised by the fast drop to $39 for ModNation. I think that came out in May. I tried it, didn't like it. As mentioned many times, the racing just isn't that good. Any legitimate racing title kills it from a gameplay stanpoint. The creation stuff is cool, but not enough to keep me interested.

[quote name='Havok83']super voucher? Id have preferred it if all that stuff was on the disc[/QUOTE]

ND said on the PS blog that they couldn't include the original game and all the DLC on one blu-ray as it wouldn't fit. I can't see why since there is only a few maps and skins with this added content.

[quote name='lokizz']i dont think anyone is getting screwed over by this. im an early adopter to this series myself and ive bought almost all of the dlc( except for the shitty character packs) and ive had a blast playing. at least with this goty edition they waited a year or 2 before doing it weve all seen games get this treatment within the same year of release or more.

but with this continuing trend of goty editions i can see alot of people waiting for these kinds of deals in the future especially when they know a game will have alot of dlc.[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic. Some idiot left a negative review of the new Bad Company 2 edition on Amazon complaining about what he didn't get from the game at launch that other people are getting for free now.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Well if you're going to take care of that I guess all I have to add is that the multiplayer for this game is close to dead and since 90% of this GOTY version is for multiplayer it's not that great of a deal since most of it will be useless.

I mean unless someone likes walking around by themselves online with different skins on lol[/QUOTE]

Close to dead? I played some Uncharted 2 online a few weeks back and never had any problems finding matches. The counter also said there were ~50,000 people online playing...

GOTY Edition should be on the DISC instead "Super Voucher". If the extra did not fit on the Original game disc they should it on 2nd Blu Ray Disc. I may bite it whenever it drop down $20-ish :)

so is it on the disk or on a voucher? because if its on a voucher whats to stop people from buying it , using the voucher and returning it?

[quote name='lokizz']so is it on the disk or on a voucher? because if its on a voucher whats to stop people from buying it , using the voucher and returning it?[/QUOTE]
The fact that you have to open it maybe? Lol. . .

[quote name='lokizz']so is it on the disk or on a voucher? because if its on a voucher whats to stop people from buying it , using the voucher and returning it?[/QUOTE]
The fact that it's been unsealed?

Super voucher? Why dont they just sell the super voucher via PSN?

They dont need to reprint the cover art to give access to a super voucher.

Dont like the way they did this GOTY i hope others dont follow.

Its basically so you cant sell the content used say like you do in RE Gold or the new Borderlands

when the content is on the disc.

I'm just waiting for the regular edition to drop to $30ish, then I will bite. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer so the GOTY doesn't mean much to me.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Damn...

I know that what I'm going to say is not so CAG, but... my OCD doesn't allow me to buy Greatest Hits / Platinum Hits / Player's Choice / Game of the Year Editions...

I know this is a great deal, but I just can't... I need to have the first regular edition (or Collector's Edition if it has one).

I know... I'm lame...[/QUOTE]I'm the same way...

MSRP is not a deal. Only exception is if it comes with something like a pre order bonus or if you say pre order this game you get 10% off another game or whatnot.

If MSRP was a deal then this forum would be nothing but endless waves of postings of like every game listed on bestbuys website, or every single title lamestop has.

You either have only played once in the last 6 months at like 420am, or you just want to sound like you know what your saying and enjoy looking for reasons to shit on someone elses posting for no reason, or you think it sounds like a good thing to say but really have no idea what your talking about.

I played uncharted 2 online many times in the past month or so and never had a shortage of other players. Not to mention a release of this will spur new people to buy it and play online, people who got rid of their original copies will get this and play online or people who havent played online for awhile will at the hope of fresh new people to play against.

bread's done
Back