Ack! First Neutral feedback!

wubb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Well I knew it had to happen sooner or later. Just got my first non-positive eBay feedback.

Buyer left me Neutral feedback stating simply 'good game' Kind of funny really.

I haven't left him feedback yet so I'm not sure if I'm going to hit him with a neg, hoping he'd then agree to do a mutual feedback withdrawal, or just let it go. Maybe I'll e-mail him asking why he left a neutral without letting me try to resolve any problem he may have had. (Though I don't think there is any problem, I think the dude just doesn't understand how feedback works.)

The nice thing is that a neutral doesn't drop my rating from 100%. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I get that first neg feedback though :(

Since this doesn't drop the rating you see from 100% and anyone looking at my feedback would see there wasn't a problem, I'm not too stressed about it.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. This stuff happens, and like you said, your rating is still 100%. There will always be dicks out there who try to extort users into giving them deals, or else they'll give negative feedback. Just be an honest seller and you don't need to worry much about it.

I'd give me a negative and go for feedback withdrawl. The problem with neutrals is that after you get a negative people looking through your feedback sometimes count neutral feedback against you.

Well, this is actually a topic i was just thinking about...how much out of my way do i have to go, as a buyer to feel justified in leaving a neutral or negative feedback? I recently won an auction on 2/22, paid the same day and my payment was received from paypal buy the seller on the same day. I paid EXTRA money to get it Fed-Ex'd to me, which is supposed to take 5-7 days. After several days of getting no tracking number i requested one from seller, who notified me that he had a problem with a virus in his system and was sorry about not contacting me sooner. Shortly after he provides me with a tracking #. The package is scheduled to arrive TODAY, which is what, 16 days from the date of payment? That is easily a week too long. I sent a very polite email to the seller to let him know of my dissatisfaction with the situation, expecting him to perhaps refund part of my shipping cost, but instead all he offered was to do better the next time i order something from him (not happening). At this point i want to leave him a neutral feedback (not negative, giving him the benefit of the doubt that it really was some virus causing the delay). Also, he has not left any feedback for me yet, which leads me to think he may be waiting for mine first so he can retaliate. Sorry for the longass post...what do you guys think?

[quote name='Prfntbtr']Well, this is actually a topic i was just thinking about...how much out of my way do i have to go, as a buyer to feel justified in leaving a neutral or negative feedback? I recently won an auction on 2/22, paid the same day and my payment was received from paypal buy the seller on the same day. I paid EXTRA money to get it Fed-Ex'd to me, which is supposed to take 5-7 days. After several days of getting no tracking number i requested one from seller, who notified me that he had a problem with a virus in his system and was sorry about not contacting me sooner. Shortly after he provides me with a tracking #. The package is scheduled to arrive TODAY, which is what, 16 days from the date of payment? That is easily a week too long. I sent a very polite email to the seller to let him know of my dissatisfaction with the situation, expecting him to perhaps refund part of my shipping cost, but instead all he offered was to do better the next time i order something from him (not happening). At this point i want to leave him a neutral feedback (not negative, giving him the benefit of the doubt that it really was some virus causing the delay). Also, he has not left any feedback for me yet, which leads me to think he may be waiting for mine first so he can retaliate. Sorry for the longass post...what do you guys think?[/quote]

At a minimum I think you should e-mail the seller and let him/her know why you have a problem to give them a chance to make it right. Which you have done. Hell you could e-mail him again and flat out say you think he should refund your S+H cost (or suggest half of the S+H - whatever) to compensate for your inconvienance.

Just be careful to not say anything like 'I'd hate to have to leave you neg/neutral feedback.' Or 'Refund this to me or I will leave you neg feedback.' I'm fairly sure that's against the rules.

Now personally in this situation I'd say the seller should probably get a positive feedback with a note that it took 2 weeks after payment to receive the game. I'm guessing you paid for FedEx ground (since you say 5-7 days) so he sent it out ~ 9-11 days after your payment. That is pretty long to wait I agree, but not deserving a neg or neutral feedback IMO. Just my 2 cents.

(Personally I try to drop the stuff in the mail within 24 hours of payment.)

And you are probably correct in assuming that he hasn't left you feedback yet so that he can give you retaliatory feedback if you ping him (or the implied threat is there at least). Many sellers do that as SOP.

[quote name='wubb']
I haven't left him feedback yet so I'm not sure if I'm going to hit him with a neg, hoping he'd then agree to do a mutual feedback withdrawal, or just let it go.[/quote]

i'd neg him and hope for a mutual withdrawal.

I think it is pretty standard practice for the buyer to leave feedback first. That's how I run all my auctions. I believe the only time that feedback should be left is when both items (the payment & the goods) have reached their respective persons.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think it is pretty standard practice for the buyer to leave feedback first. That's how I run all my auctions. I believe the only time that feedback should be left is when both items (the payment & the goods) have reached their respective persons.[/quote]

Does anyone else think that shouldn't be the standard practice? The buyer lives up to his end of the deal, which is what you're giving him feedback for. I think once the seller receives payment, he/she should leave feedback.

I'd email him again and try one more time to work it out... if his system was down, it doesn't mean he couldn't find another computer and a Fed-Ex store to get the box out on time at least. try to get a shipping refund or a DAMN good reason for the delay (something to the effect of this guy proving he's got the only internet connection for 100 miles or something.) If still nothing, don't feel bad for a neutral/neg.

If were to even try to use eBay:

Positive feed back = no problam at all
Negative feed back = Bitch screwed me over
Neutral feed back = I wasn't overall impressed but I wasn't ripped off either so 'meh' whatever.

Dont sweat a nuetral if there's nothing you can do after the fact to change the out come.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shipwreck']I think it is pretty standard practice for the buyer to leave feedback first. That's how I run all my auctions. I believe the only time that feedback should be left is when both items (the payment & the goods) have reached their respective persons.[/quote]

Does anyone else think that shouldn't be the standard practice? The buyer lives up to his end of the deal, which is what you're giving him feedback for. I think once the seller receives payment, he/she should leave feedback.[/quote]

I would think that a buyer with lower feedback than the seller should actually receive feed back first if he carries through his end of the bargin since the seller is the one at risk, once the sale is made and the item received feedback as quickly as possible if you are saticefied. A Buyer with higer feed backis at risk from a seller with lower feed back (yeah I know all this reasoning is kinda weak but this is how ebay treats it on paper) and thus the buyer would be the first to feedback once he recieves his item followed by the seller.

But of course this is all up to the people involved, unless Ebay has a strict policy on who does what first there'll never be a single way to do it. Come up with all the rightous indignation you want but most people will just do it when they feel like it.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shipwreck']I think it is pretty standard practice for the buyer to leave feedback first. That's how I run all my auctions. I believe the only time that feedback should be left is when both items (the payment & the goods) have reached their respective persons.[/quote]

Does anyone else think that shouldn't be the standard practice? The buyer lives up to his end of the deal, which is what you're giving him feedback for. I think once the seller receives payment, he/she should leave feedback.[/quote]

Yes, that would work. Unfortunately, there are buyers that try to scam by saying they never received the item or they will try a chargeback on Paypal. The buyer leaving feedback first is the only way to ensure that neither side will get screwed. It's not just the payment that I give feedback for, it's the entire auction process. This includes being honest about receiving and inspecting the item.

I am a fairly active ebay user and I have some strong opinions on this. As far as Alpha2 is suggesting.....you really shouldn't leave neutral feedback unless you are really, really disappointed with something. Even though neutral does in theory mean not good or bad it really is bad in most people's minds. If you get a broken or wrong item for example...you're not so happy about it...if the seller does the right thing and refunds your money or does something else to make right by you....give them positive...if your item comes later than you expected but it's fine and not ridiculously late, give a positive...there's no need to give a neutral in cases like that. And negatives should be reserved for when a person totally fucks you over, scams you, something wrong/broken with no reply or refusal.

Also, a buyer should ALWAYS leave feedback first. Why? A lot of people would probably figure that if a buyer pays right away, their job is done and they should get positive feedback. Not really. Their job is also to not be an asshole throught the entire course of the transaction. People can be pretty unreasonable......they can change their mind about something and demand a refund when you specify no refund...they can be unrealistic about shipping, time, condition, etc. A seller has a lot more to lose and the feedback is more important to the seller.....a seller is going to usually sell to a buyer who has 90 something percent feedback because they want to sell their item and get money....but a seller who has less than say 98% feedback is going to lose some business. I buy and sell for fun and have 255 feedback. I've had people lie and say they never got my item (when delivery confirmation said they did), I've had people complain about shipping time, ask for refunds for ridiculous reasons, etc. A buyer can also just leave you feedback without trying to work out any potential issue.

In addition to my 255 positive feedback I have two neutrals. One was in retaliation for me giving a seller negative for selling me a car part that was not compatible with my car despite saying it was. There were no warnings about me having to independely verify it and I even double checked via email before I bid on it. The guy flat out refused a refund even when I agreed to pay the return shipping. So I gave him a negative. I was lucky he didn't negative me back, maybe he was too stupid. The other neutral I got as a seller by some punk kid who didn't like that a guide I sold to him for like $3 got there too late. He had like 20 feedback, all positive. He didn't like that I took a week to ship the item. There was nothing in my auction at all about when I would be able to ship out. I usually ship very quickly but it happened that this week my office moved locations (I am in the IT dept) and it was extremely hectic. He got the guide 2 days after I shipped it. He actually got a beautiful brand new guide at a great price and I charged the lowest possible shipping. He wrote "great item, exactly as described, but waiting a week to ship". Sometimes you need to teach someone a lesson. I blasted him with a negative, and wrote that I never specified a shipping date and to learn proper use of ebay's feedback system. Thus ruining his perfect feedback. But next time he'll think twice about bitching for no reason. When you use ebay you're taking a risk. If you get your item in good condition at a good price, be happy. If you want fast ass top-notch service order the shit from amazon.com.

So OP, I say blast this dude with a negative - he needs to be taught a lesson about ebay. Maybe if he's really sorry and understands what he did was wrong and stupid you could agree to a feedback withdrawal.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']301 feedback, no neutral, no negative. I will personally cut off the head of the person who give me negatives or even a neutral.[/quote]

302 with 1 neg,...cus of some jerk who didnt read the auction and gave me bad feedback (us shipping only) she never paid or nething, and gave me a neg...blargg

and to the OP...at least it didnt lower ur percent :) i agree with the 2nd poster..be an honest seller and its all good

I hate retaliatory feedback in Ebay. I'm glad there's arbitration for that now, but it's always been a pet peeve of mine when people do this. Luckily, I haven't had to leave but 2 negative feedbacks - both of those people were arrested for mail fraud (one guy took over 100,000 from people - glad I smelled something fishy when he no longer took a credit card transaction and cash only...). I've left a couple of neutrals, but the seller has to just not be up to par to get one of those. I've been surfing Ebay since 1997 (no purchase until 98), so I've seen a lot in ways of feedback progress on the site. It really was buyer beware 7 years ago...

I have to say the 16 day shipping is something I would lean toward leaving a neutral feedback over. Neutral means it wasn't a great experience, but it wasn't bad, either. Feedback is there for a reason - people may scope out the neutrals in addition to the negatives to see what types of problems a seller may have had in the past. However, it's a tool there for honesty as well. If you didn't like the fact you paid extra for a different shipping method and then had a major delay in shipping, that is not that positive of an experience. You could always wait several days to see if others who purchased from this seller start posting similar issues as well... If he really was sick, that may be a borderline positive with the note that shipping was delayed due to illness.

For the OP, isn't leaving negative feedback b/c someone left you neutral against Ebay rules? I know that sucks to get that, but you could get worse outcomes. The buyer could forgo arbitration and leave another comment in your Neutral stating retaliatory feedback left by you - that would definitely be a big blemish!! I think I'd chalk this one up on the dumb buyer list and go on - I don't think I'm alarmed by neutrals unless a significant portion are neutrals. :\

[quote name='jlkeeton']
I have to say the 16 day shipping is something I would lean toward leaving a neutral feedback over. Neutral means it wasn't a great experience, but it wasn't bad, either. Feedback is there for a reason - people may scope out the neutrals in addition to the negatives to see what types of problems a seller may have had in the past. However, it's a tool there for honesty as well. If you didn't like the fact you paid extra for a different shipping method and then had a major delay in shipping, that is not that positive of an experience. You could always wait several days to see if others who purchased from this seller start posting similar issues as well... If he really was sick, that may be a borderline positive with the note that shipping was delayed due to illness.
:\[/quote]

I gotta disagree with you on this. Yes feedback is there for a reason, but you have to take things in perspective and not compare your purchases to those at other corporate retailers. That's why ebay warns you before leaving negative OR neutral feedback, not just negative. Sometimes you are buying from a business and sometimes you are just buying from a personal seller. Again I reiterate, if you get what you paid for in a fair amount of time or the seller agrees to be fair...that should be good enough for a positive. IMHO of course. I don't think a person's expections should be so high/strict...most of the time you're getting a good deal on something and that's why you're using ebay in the first place.

As as far whether what I gave was retaliatory feedback.......yes it's true the guy did his part and paid me....but you know what? I was VERY UNHAPPY with the transaction, he gave me a neutral without discussing it with me, which hurts my rep. I may have given him a free guide or partial refund if he'd asked. Overall, I wish I never dealt with the guy...I didn't need his $3 minus insertion fee minus paypal fee to get a negative feedback because I didn't meet his shipping demand. So, it was a negative experience and that's what he got.

i totally agree with you!

[quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shipwreck']I think it is pretty standard practice for the buyer to leave feedback first. That's how I run all my auctions. I believe the only time that feedback should be left is when both items (the payment & the goods) have reached their respective persons.[/quote]

i totally agree with you![/quote]

You wouldn't think that way if you were selling, had left the buyer positive feedback, and then they decided to complain about something ridculous, demand a refund, give you negative, etc. etc. A lot of people are jerks keep in mind.

I also got a weird neutral like that, all they said is:
"good shape"

I have 4 total neutrals. The other 3 are- 1. buyer said I never confirmed order on Half.com and the order got cancelled but I actually did confirm it on time and ship the order and they never contacted me

2. Buyer said the game was broken but I was a good seller, and never contacted me

3. Buyer said I don't answer e-mails, even though I did e-mail them and offer a refund even though I thought they were wrong about the issue.

I have done quite a few transcations on eBay and Half so I know it's to be expected that I will get the occasional neutral or worse, negative (2 of those so far but I got 1 removed)

I'm an idiot, I just left positive feedback for a guy who hasn't paid me in two weeks. I hate ebays feedback system. I bring up the leave all feedback option and then I have to search through my sold items on a different page to see if I've been paid, instead of it telling me next to the auction and username on the feedback page.

[quote name='jshorr']

I gotta disagree with you on this. Yes feedback is there for a reason, but you have to take things in perspective and not compare your purchases to those at other corporate retailers. That's why ebay warns you before leaving negative OR neutral feedback, not just negative. Sometimes you are buying from a business and sometimes you are just buying from a personal seller. Again I reiterate, if you get what you paid for in a fair amount of time or the seller agrees to be fair...that should be good enough for a positive. IMHO of course. I don't think a person's expections should be so high/strict...most of the time you're getting a good deal on something and that's why you're using ebay in the first place.

As as far whether what I gave was retaliatory feedback.......yes it's true the guy did his part and paid me....but you know what? I was VERY UNHAPPY with the transaction, he gave me a neutral without discussing it with me, which hurts my rep. I may have given him a free guide or partial refund if he'd asked. Overall, I wish I never dealt with the guy...I didn't need his $3 minus insertion fee minus paypal fee to get a negative feedback because I didn't meet his shipping demand. So, it was a negative experience and that's what he got.[/quote]

I will stand by my opinion that feedback should be honest, but I do know that people tend to think of 'neutral' or 'average' as something more negative than it should be. Look at game scores... do 50%'s or 5/10's give you a good feeling? No... so reviewers tend to skew it up, making the ''good, not great" scores of around 7 be more of the "average" instead of the actual average value. I think you're right that some people would take a Neutral as something not so stellar, but it has its place on Ebay. I don't abuse Negative or Neutral feedbacks - they are for those who deserve it.

I always contact a seller back about a transaction if I am thinking of leaving a neutral. If it was full of excuses that were lame or seemed insincere, I'm going to leave a neutral anyway. I don't expect refunds or extras, but an "I'm sorry, I forgot." or just "My bad" is good enough in my book. So, I even play into the Positive feedback game in that I'm more flexible in the meaning of Positive since you really don't get to give a Neutral-and-a-half score. That'd probably be CHAOTIC if we had a 5-point scale or multiple categories. I guess that's why we can write text in the field...

My expectations are always based on what the seller puts in the listing if I'm the buyer. I always put what to expect when I'm the seller. If I don't live up to what I say, I really wouldn't want to be called out on that, but, in reality, it would be deserved. My expectations are always "do what you say you're going to do."

Look up Tasa Katzopolus (or Surplus of Nashville) to see what a REAL Negative experience would be like. I still have over 100 e-mails from Ebayers would were defrauded by this @$$hole when I'm the one who reported him and started the process up. That's the big reason why I don't like Negatives for a Neutral - I think they should be saved up for those types of horrible experiences.

I agree with you Trakan, but many sellers get antsy, or nervous, and for some reason or another, leave negative feedback when you do everything right. That's why I always wait until feedback is left for me (when I'm the seller). I would hate to have a neutral or negative, becuase even if you have one, it still stands out...

wubb: I would contact the buyer, ask what the deal was, and maybe "hint" that they may receive a negative unless they want to withdraw the feedback. I'd also explain why you think the neutral was unecessary...good luck!

I definitely agree contacting the other person to find out why Neutral was left would be a good place to start. He may even offer to withdraw it through Ebay if he realizes it is hurting you as a seller... :whistle2:D

I had my 100% rating ruined by a guy who claimed I never paid him for a purchase at half.com. Of course, anyone with any knowledge whatsoever would know that half.com takes the money immediatly and then distributes it to the buyer itself... so.... yeah.

The most annoying thing is that I left him postive feedback first and half.com customer service told me that, yes, I was correct, but they refused to remove the feedback because it did not violate any of their terms of use. :(

I leave neutral feedback when I got nothing and lost nothing from a transaction. Like when I order something, and they cancel it because they don't have it anymore. I also leave neutral feedback when there's something about the item I'm irritated about the item with, tell the seller, and they don't make any effort to fix it. I'm not talking about gross misrepresentations; those are negs. But that's not always true... I have given positives despite being annoyed with something.

Anyways, wubb, I would definitely suggest you do NOT leave a negative feedback, even to try and get a withdrawal. It just makes you look bad as a seller. If he paid, I think you should just leave a positive. Neutrals aren't at all devastating, and he did leave you a positive comment, so I don't think the damage is that bad. But if you can't get yourself to give him a positive, give him a neutral with a positive comment.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I leave neutral feedback when I got nothing and lost nothing from a transaction. Like when I order something, and they cancel it because they don't have it anymore. I also leave neutral feedback when there's something about the item I'm irritated about the item with, tell the seller, and they don't make any effort to fix it. I'm not talking about gross misrepresentations; those are negs. But that's not always true... I have given positives despite being annoyed with something.

Anyways, wubb, I would definitely suggest you do NOT leave a negative feedback, even to try and get a withdrawal. It just makes you look bad as a seller. If he paid, I think you should just leave a positive. Neutrals aren't at all devastating, and he did leave you a positive comment, so I don't think the damage is that bad. But if you can't get yourself to give him a positive, give him a neutral with a positive comment.[/quote]

If you get your money back right away and the person has an honest mistake (overall feedback is real good, doesn't happen all the time) I don't see the problem in leaving no feedback or positive....especially if the seller is courteous and apologizes and gives you 100% refund asap. Neutral is ok I guess, but like I said...I would really save that for the other thing you mentioned, irritated with an item, seller not willing to satisfy you.

Letting the buyer get away with jerk feedback will only encourage them to do it again. I guarantee you the whiny kid who neutraled me for his $3 guide arriving too late won't be so quick to complain next time after he received his negative :twisted:

Well I sent the buyer an e-mail so hopefully they'll reply and let me know what's up. I assume it'll be something like "Oh there was no problem, I just wasn't wowed by the price/ the game wasn't as fun as I thought it would be/ some other ridiculous reason." But maybe I'll be lucky and it will turn out they mistakenly hit the neutral radio button.

And don't worry I made certain to throw in a bunch of expletives so he knows I mean business ;)

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='judyjudyjudy']I leave neutral feedback when I got nothing and lost nothing from a transaction. Like when I order something, and they cancel it because they don't have it anymore. I also leave neutral feedback when there's something about the item I'm irritated about the item with, tell the seller, and they don't make any effort to fix it. I'm not talking about gross misrepresentations; those are negs. But that's not always true... I have given positives despite being annoyed with something.

Anyways, wubb, I would definitely suggest you do NOT leave a negative feedback, even to try and get a withdrawal. It just makes you look bad as a seller. If he paid, I think you should just leave a positive. Neutrals aren't at all devastating, and he did leave you a positive comment, so I don't think the damage is that bad. But if you can't get yourself to give him a positive, give him a neutral with a positive comment.[/quote]

If you get your money back right away and the person has an honest mistake (overall feedback is real good, doesn't happen all the time) I don't see the problem in leaving no feedback or positive....especially if the seller is courteous and apologizes and gives you 100% refund asap. Neutral is ok I guess, but like I said...I would really save that for the other thing you mentioned, irritated with an item, seller not willing to satisfy you. [/quote]

I agree that leaving no feedback is an certainly an option, too. I totally forgot about that. As for the first reason I leave neutrals, I think that depends on how you view neutrals. I think of them like the transactions (no loss, no gain), especially if you actually read the feedback like people should. But if you see it as a light negative then yeah, I agree with you. But I'd also like to add that people putting up auctions for things they don't have also irks me.

Edited to add:
[quote name='wubb'] But maybe I'll be lucky and it will turn out they mistakenly hit the neutral radio button.[/quote]
I don't think you can mistakenly hit the neutral radio button... I think it gives you one of those "are you sure" screens before it is actually submitted, just like with negatives. (another reason why people might see them as light negatives)

[quote name='World Of Games'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shipwreck']I think it is pretty standard practice for the buyer to leave feedback first. That's how I run all my auctions. I believe the only time that feedback should be left is when both items (the payment & the goods) have reached their respective persons.[/quote]

i totally agree with you![/quote]

I disagree in a way. A transaction isn't done until the buyer receives the item. There's a lot more to an auction than just getting the payment from the buyers. The buyers have the last say as to whether the transaction is completed (satisfied w/ items) or not (demand a refund or exchange for any reason). If the buyer is satisfied, then the seller should be satisfied. I as a seller would not be completely satisfied until the buyer is happy about the auction. And at the end, the feedback is what should be inputted to reflect the overall transaction, and not just about receiving a timely payment. And the reply system should only be used to explain any neutral or negative feedback for defense issue; whether a wrongful feedback, or explain the outcome from your POV.

here is what i do: make one account for buying, one for selling.

if i am selling, i always leave feedback first. I only had one problem, it was wiith a guy who didnnt like the condition of the bloodrayne 2 case. i said, case was fair condition and had water dameage, and he said the condition was very poor, and not fair. I refunded him immediately, and told him to mark return to sender on the envelope. he had hundreds of positives no negs, almost all as a buyer so i wasnt too concerned.

heh, he left me a positive fb anyways saying what a good selller i was, even tho he returned the game.

i do have one neg, it was when a seller sold me a bootleg, and i paid fifty bucks for it. i was furious, he wouldnt refund me so i negged him. he retaliated with a neg on me. at that point i decided to make a sep account for buying.

as a buyer, i dont really care at all about my feedback on my buying account. It is pretty meaningless, if a seller wants to leave me fb after ii leave them fb, then that is fine wiith me, they just want to cover their ass.

oh i will add one more thing: buying and selling shit through the mail requires a lot of trust. i try to be cool about stuff, normally things go off without a hitch. when things go bad, that is a true definition of character. For the OP, i wouldnt neg someone just for leaving you a neutral. that just aint cool.

all this stress over a $3 guide? turn the page, and be the bigger man, either give him a positive fb or no fb at all.

i like that on ebay, you can check 'feedback left for other users". OP if i saw that you were negging a buyer who left you a neutral for slow shipping, i might think twice before bidding on one of your auctions, but it would depend on the auctions, how much i wanted what you were selling, how cheap the auction was, etc

[quote name='dracula']oh i will add one more thing: buying and selling shit through the mail requires a lot of trust. i try to be cool about stuff, normally things go off without a hitch. when things go bad, that is a true definition of character. For the OP, i wouldnt neg someone just for leaving you a neutral. that just aint cool.

all this stress over a $3 guide? turn the page, and be the bigger man, either give him a positive fb or no fb at all.

i like that on ebay, you can check 'feedback left for other users". OP if i saw that you were negging a buyer who left you a neutral for slow shipping, i might think twice before bidding on one of your auctions, but it would depend on the auctions, how much i wanted what you were selling, how cheap the auction was, etc[/quote]

That was me who retaliated not the OP....but I stand by my actions....it;s not like it's a common occurance...if you saw my feedback (100% positive, 2 neutral) you'd be fine with it. The kid got what he deserved and learned a lesson about ebay expectations.

Yeah, I'm the OP. My buyer left me neutral for sending him a 'good game'. I'd say that 'just ain't cool'. I probably shipped it within 24 hours of being paid, but can't remember on this specific one. It was certainly no longer than 2-3 days from being paid.

I agree that feedback doesn't mean much as a buyer (as long as you don't go negative because sellers can then block you). I have a seperate account for buying as well.

Only real reason I'd neg the guy is to hope he'd agree to a withdraw, but I think that's probably unlikely. I also think it's unlikely he'll reply to the e-mail I sent him.

If I do leave him feedback, it would be something like "Buyer leaves bad feedback after smooth transaction. Sellers beware!" Which would be warranted IMO. (Probably just do a neutral, or not leave feedback at all. Got months to decide at this point so I'm not rushing.)

I'm probably not going to reply to his feedback on my account either. I think it's laughably obvious what happened.

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, I'm the OP. My buyer left me neutral for sending him a 'good game'. I'd say that 'just ain't cool'. I probably shipped it within 24 hours of being paid, but can't remember on this specific one. It was certainly no longer than 2-3 days from being paid.

I agree that feedback doesn't mean much as a buyer (as long as you don't go negative because sellers can then block you). I have a seperate account for buying as well.

Only real reason I'd neg the guy is to hope he'd agree to a withdraw, but I think that's probably unlikely. I also think it's unlikely he'll reply to the e-mail I sent him.

If I do leave him feedback, it would be something like "Buyer leaves bad feedback after smooth transaction. Sellers beware!" Which would be warranted IMO. (Probably just do a neutral, or not leave feedback at all. Got months to decide at this point so I'm not rushing.)

I'm probably not going to reply to his feedback on my account either. I think it's laughably obvious what happened.[/quote]

Is his feedback perfect right now? If it is....you owe it to the ebay community to teach him a lesson....NEGATIVE...then maybe he'll understand that he fucked up and not do it agian.

bread's done
Back