Wombat..... sigh

Mahoney07

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
From Wombat's twitter:
"Quick hypothetical twitter survey: what would you rather have in a console: 3D, motion control, zero loading times for all games"

There's so many things wrong with that comment I don't want to waste time explaining it all.

Well if we're talking about todays motion controls and 3D, I'd take no load times easily.

But, I can imagine motion controls that do not suck and are responsive and extremely precise. Like a good FPS where you move on some kind of mat or a next gen camera that tracks your every movement and you're carrying a good gun controller. That is what it'll take to get me interested in motion controls and if that happened I would accept load times and would rather have motion controls.

As for 3D...meh. I'd take that I guess if I literally had a full 360 degrees of 3D goodness. I imagine something like a completely white room in the dark and then the game is projected somehow everywhere around you and you're almost literally in the game. Then I'd take the 3D.

Being I am a guy who cannot see 3D with his eyesight, I REALLY hate all the 3D hype. I know I am biased like a color blind person playing Bioshock 2 hack games, but I still hate it lol

the problem is that gamers say they want no loading time but don't appreciate it. For instance all the Nintendo, gamecube games had no loading times. Go check Melee there's only one instance where the game pauses and only those of us who are really into the game can even tell you what it is.

The problem isn't the companies picking bad options. It's gamers clamoring for more more more without realizing what it costs. If the next generation they made the consoles with the 'same' graphical output the systems would be powerful enough for loading times to be pretty much gone but all anyone would care about is "it looks the same" not wow ZERO loading, not wow ZERO clipping, not wow 60fps split screen, 1080p FPS action. All anyone cares about is the screen shot and you can't show no loading on the screen shot. Oddly enough though motion and 3D don't come across as well but they DO come across on the screen shot. You can show those parallax pictures and the blogs get an erection picturing how good it looks. You can show screens of Luke Plunkett playing some motion game and thousands of keyboards get covered in man-juice at the thought. Not to mention the non-gaming crowd. They're even worse. Imagine the jock-meat head saying this *EA Sports Game* looks the same. He won't even notice the lack of load times on the latest Madden. He will notice if he can count more pores on the chin of a linebacker in the middle of a play though. You think anyone watching Ellen will notice a lack of pop-in and insane drawdistances? Not but they will notice that when they're doing *Racing Game* with their son and they jump the on screen character jumps with them because of motion detection.

Exhibit A: The Wii. It's more powerful than a gamecube and yet noone notes how powerful it is everyone notes how powerful it ISN'T.
Then again you might imagine that with a system so like a Gamecube you might get more Gamecube games but better.. and sadly enough we don't.. well not enough anyway.

bread's done
Back