CAGs that don't post

Run4Fun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
As of the time of this post, there were 19,053 registered CAGs who haven't a single post.
I know that a lot of people just come here for the deals and don't care for any kind of community, but this is pretty sad. That's 69.69% (no, I didn't make that up) of the users that haven't contributed to the forums.
I realize that I'm not really one to talk about this with my low post count, but I always at least make it a point to thank the OP when I grab a deal they post--they took time out of their day to help out a fellow CAG, after all.
Additionally, it's nice when CAGs can help answer questions for the less knowledgeable.

I'm not trying to start any flame wars or anything, just thought I'd throw up some food for thought.

More posters can only lead to more problems. Everytime CAG has gotten some big publicity in a magazine etc a whole wave of assholes have come with it. I, for one, am happy with everyone not posting.

Well, it's not a question of whether I'm thankful--I just think we should show appreciation for those who post deals.
The forums would probably be less foreboding to posters if they didn't see so many people harshly responding, mocking, or otherwise flaming.

By the way, there were also 2,027 posters who only had a single post.

Yeah, that's a pain.

And by the way (continuing my research in an extreme effort of paper-writing aversion):
If you have more than 16 posts, you are within the top 10% of posters on CAG. Yay!

Aww.. thats depressing, maybe we should make a forum that is only available to people with a certain amount of posts. Of course that would also mean more work for the mods on keeping track of useless posts, so it probably won't happen... :p

[quote name='Run4Fun']Yeah, that's a pain.

And by the way (continuing my research in an extreme effort of paper-writing aversion):
If you have more than 16 posts, you are within the top 10% of posters on CAG. Yay![/quote]

I fall into the same category - I'm procrastinating from finishing a paper for my Third Reich class, and I just started posting more often about a month or so ago.

I registerd a year and a half ago but only have like 40 some posts.

Grad school and being married has a way of getting in the way of CAGing. :)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Aww.. thats depressing, maybe we should make a forum that is only available to people with a certain amount of posts. Of course that would also mean more work for the mods on keeping track of useless posts, so it probably won't happen... :p[/quote]

There would be a flood of usless crap posts if that happened. I'm not against doing that though :D

[quote name='Run4Fun']Well, it's not a question of whether I'm thankful--I just think we should show appreciation for those who post deals.
The forums would probably be less foreboding to posters if they didn't see so many people harshly responding, mocking, or otherwise flaming.

By the way, there were also 2,027 posters who only had a single post.[/quote]

If they're scared of how some asshole on the internet is going to reply to them, maybe it's better off if they keep their finger away from the submit button.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']More posters can only lead to more problems. Everytime CAG has gotten some big publicity in a magazine etc a whole wave of assholes have come with it. I, for one, am happy with everyone not posting.[/quote]

SECOND'D!

I'm more or less still a n00b compared to several people here, but I've been an active poster since I joined CAG and I've even found and shared a few deals myself.

But yeah, if people are just signing up to swipe deals from people who actually CONTRIBUTE to the site all the time, that's kinda lamesauce IMO....

One thing to consider, though, is that more users, whether they're actively posting or not, means more click-thru for CheapyD's referral links. That, in turn, gives CheapyD more pull with certain retailers such as GameStop for occasionally swinging us exclusive deals.

whoah yeah! that's me!!! im working my way to a hundred...slowly but surely!!! haha

[quote name='Run4Fun']Yeah, that's a pain.

If you have more than 16 posts, you are within the top 10% of posters on CAG. Yay![/quote]

Yeah, it sucks that a good chunk of our membes just register to access the bargain forums, but still, do we really want all of them posting? Imagine how many more bad traders we will get, how many stupid posts, how many 10 year olds?

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Run4Fun'] 69.69% [/quote]

He he he....[/quote]

Thank God I read your signature. Kung Fu Hustle looks cool as hell.

We'd have more of the "I'm drunk" posts too. I hate those.

Not that I wouldn't read CAG drunk, I have before, but it isn't cool to be drunk. It's just another state, like asleep.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='Run4Fun'] 69.69% [/quote]

He he he....[/quote]

Thank God I read your signature. Kung Fu Hustle looks cool as hell.[/quote]

stephen chow = :cool:

bread's done
Back