Guitar Hero 5 Bundle 9.99 at Best Buy B&M

FML if this is true, that is D-I-R-T fuck-ing cheap! I would hoard..nah, maybe I wouldn't, but all the cool people I know would be getting it for Christmas :D

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']If this is verified I'm heading right back to Best Buy haha[/QUOTE]

co sign lol im hoping it wasnt for ps2 :cry:

The only bundle that showing on their website is PS2, and it's $79.99! LoL! Maybe they're trying to dump these, but that's really cheap for BB!

I'm gonna head up there in about 10...I have a feeling it won't be marked as such...I wonder if I should have them scan it!

[quote name='sgaldis']I'm gonna head up there in about 10...I have a feeling it won't be marked as such...I wonder if I should have them scan it![/QUOTE]

If you are there may as well have them scan it, u never know

At mine they were 99.99 - I am thinking you got lucky at 9.99 and someone moved a decimal place! I did not try to actually ring it up though - hope others have better luck.

[quote name='sgaldis']I'm gonna head up there in about 10...I have a feeling it won't be marked as such...I wonder if I should have them scan it![/QUOTE]

Thanks for taking one for the team

Sorry for lack of post, typed the first message on my phone and it was taking ages to send another. Apparently its at the "End of life" (According to the manager), who came up to adjust the price for me. They had about 10ish copies of the 360 version with a huge "9.99 sign over them.

The funniest part is that on a clearance table (That had b2g1 free clearance games), they were selling the Guitar Hero 5 game by itself for 14.99

yeah, BB like TRU's main source of income isn't just games so when mech like bundles take up all that inventory space they gotta get rid of it for the new stuff coming in as well as prepping for the biggest holiday sale around the corner.

Just called the 3rd and final store in our area. Apparently they all have the 360 versions on clearance for the same price. (And the guy was laughing because he said some guy just walked out with 4 copies), maybe he was from here?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Just called the 3rd and final store in our area. Apparently they all have the 360 versions on clearance for the same price. (And the guy was laughing because he said some guy just walked out with 4 copies), maybe he was from here?[/QUOTE]

What area are you in/around?

don't get out of structured programing till 5:00 :( , i will stop at a bestbuy on the way home, and ill post after that.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Sorry for lack of post, typed the first message on my phone and it was taking ages to send another. Apparently its at the "End of life" (According to the manager), who came up to adjust the price for me. They had about 10ish copies of the 360 version with a huge "9.99 sign over them.

The funniest part is that on a clearance table (That had b2g1 free clearance games), they were selling the Guitar Hero 5 game by itself for 14.99[/QUOTE]

Yep..it's ironic how cheap they sell stuff sometimes. My Best Buy used to be EPIC on these deals. I remember my friend and I both got a Halo 3 Legendary Edition for 39.99 about a month or two after it came out. I had to do a double take, and the manager that saw us both hauling them around the store laughed and said that they were selling like hotcakes, and that they didn't need it filling up space in their store.

Sad, too...because of the economy they don't have a lot to choose from anymore. They have like literally one row of cds and two of DVDs, with several of blu-ray.

wow....I want to go, but my local BB is 10 minutes in the opposite direction from home and I know I'll be disappointed when I get there and they don't have any or they're marked $99

[quote name='DarkZion']Can anyone give input on the quality of the guitar?[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, seen, and tried at stores the GH5 guitar is best one they've put out and comparable to the RB2 if not better. Going to check BB after work and if they have it on sale, I'll pick up 2 just for the guitars. My Fender whammy bar's spring popped from the Neweggs AC/DC, Rock Revo sale a few back.

That's a helluva deal if true.

My Best Buy (Coon Rapids, MN), is one of the holdouts that has terrible clearances. (They still have the TvC stick for $46)

[quote name='DarkZion']Can anyone give input on the quality of the guitar?[/QUOTE]Like what other people said, the guitar is the best looking and best-feeling guitar controller out there. The wireless functionality is solid, touch-strip neck works, and a "star power button" is conveniently located at the "bridge" of the guitar - pretty much right where your palm is when you play. It's also a bit heavier than previous guitars, and fits nicely on the leg.

But, I have a bad experience with my GH5 guitar. I got it on Amazon during a sale awhile back, and noticed the strum bar seemed much looser than previous guitars I've used (Xplorer, Les Paul, World Tour). Not sure if that's true across the board or my particular guitar, but that's just what I noticed. It played great for about a couple of months, but suddenly I noticed I was missing more notes than usual. Turns out, I cannot strum up any more! I play expert guitar, and I need to strum up and down (alternative picking) to hit all the notes. Now that I cannot hit half the notes, the guitar is useless to me now. It still works down-strumming, and I'd give this guitar to my friends who plays at the medium or easy difficulty while we play, but I cannot really use it anymore. :cry:

So like all plastic instruments, YMMV but it seems most people prefer the GH5 Guitar over others.

I'll have to check out my local Best Buy. This was easily the best GH in the series. Plus, it has one of my favorite songs by my favorite band; Deadbolt by Thrice.

Had my girlfriend check since she works in the mall next to BB. No sale in Prescott, AZ. I think she said they did have the bundle out but it was still priced at 80 bucks and when she asked an employee, they had no idea what she was talking about.

Swing and a miss.

[quote name='spawn33']None in the Syracuse, NY or Dewitt, NY stores[/QUOTE]

So glad I moved from Syracuse, as I bet you would have beaten me to not only this deal, but other cheap guides and other clearance sales lol... If i move back, its on haha! (meant in a friendly competitive way of course)

[quote name='dgwillia006']Sorry for lack of post, typed the first message on my phone and it was taking ages to send another. Apparently its at the "End of life" (According to the manager), who came up to adjust the price for me. They had about 10ish copies of the 360 version with a huge "9.99 sign over them.

The funniest part is that on a clearance table (That had b2g1 free clearance games), they were selling the Guitar Hero 5 game by itself for 14.99[/QUOTE]

Which best buy in norfolk? I dont even see one, the closest is off Independence in VA Beach

huh curious to know, how much costs to ship these things out?
i'm assuming it wont meet the requirements for first class mail.

i'll check my best buy stores either today or tomorrow, hope it's there :D

bread's done
Back