FREE Fable III Launch Weapons

Thanks a bunch, although I didn't even preorder Fable 3 yet.

OT: I always start my games and never finish them. I have Fable 1 on PC, never finished and Fable 2 on XBL free download from last week and I didn't even touch it yet. Hate that >_

[quote name='nnthomas']How the hell are those 2 weapons 200MB?[/QUOTE]
Because for once you're not unlocking content already on the disc, amirite?! Disc Locked Content FTL.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']I don't see how two weapons of any type of video games can even nearly be physically sized at 200MB.[/QUOTE]

Make they reach out of the game and beat the living hell out of you

[quote name='D0RC']Thanks! Are these the exclusive weapons or content only found at new copies of Fable 3 at release?[/QUOTE]

Just looks like Lionhead is doing what EA is doing for some of their games, if you read the description it says the wpns are added to your gift que in in story mode when it becomes available...be that doing some sort of quest or whatever. Just looks like extras for ppl to get psyched for the game at release. Most of us are still wondering why it's so much MB for just 2 wpns.

does not work for me. The site has come up with errors off and on for months now for me. Thanks anyway OP.

[quote name='Jodou']Has anyone played it yet? I have a feeling these freebies come with a quest attached, hence the 200 megs.[/QUOTE]

Yep, apparently they're part of the storyline, you don't unlock them right away I think. I've only gotten the musket so far.

Wierd, both this AND the DLC you get for buying a game (First run i presume?) are both over 200 MB's.

Yet the Channelers Sword/Tattoo were barely 600 KB's.....

FYI there is no quest associated with any of these weapons. The only weapon that requires a quest is the one that comes with the Limited Edition.

The packs are all the same size because each one includes all the other weapons...you just don't have access to the others unless you pay. They did it this way so that if you join someone's game who has dlc that you don't, you can still play with them without having to download additional items (and you get something out of it instead of just downloading a shitload of "free" versions like other games where you don't get jack).

[quote name='Ship']FYI there is no quest associated with any of these weapons. The only weapon that requires a quest is the one that comes with the Limited Edition.

The packs are all the same size because each one includes all the other weapons...you just don't have access to the others unless you pay. They did it this way so that if you join someone's game who has dlc that you don't, you can still play with them without having to download additional items (and you get something out of it instead of just downloading a shitload of "free" versions like other games where you don't get jack).[/QUOTE]Good call and you're 100% right. It makes sense now because once I had DL'd this pack another weapons pack I got said 200MB, but it took two seconds to finish. Suddenly all becomes clear why they released this freebie, because (like you said) without it you'd run into issues playing with other people.

bread's done
Back