Steam Halloween Sale OCT 28 - NOV 1

[quote name='Fonz72']Sorry no hyperlink, but some great deals!

store.steampowered.com/sale/trickortreat[/QUOTE]

link

Thanks, but nothing I'm interested in... a lot of overlap in these sales too from previous ones.

And WTF, $20 for Silent Hill Homecoming is a deal? Okkkk....

I am very, very on the fence about Amnesia. I've heard nothing but good things. Has anyone played it?

And WTF, $20 for Silent Hill Homecoming is a deal? Okkkk....

Kind of. Steam is the only way to get it here in the states.

Cheapest Iv seen AVP, think i might finally bite on it, While Im at it i guess i will double dip on dead space even though i have it on 360. Thanks OP

Welp nothing for me. I either own it or its not marked down enough. For those of you that do not own them I can not reccomend Plants vs Zombies and Nation red strongly enough! Both games are amazing and at the current prices you would be purchasing dozens of hours of fun for dirt cheap.

Edit - Also I will give a piece of halloween candy to the first person to find the game on the list that does not belong!

Hrm. Kinda disappointed in this sale. Was hoping for a cheaper price on Amnesia (it's $10 this week elsewhere) and was hoping Penumbra would go on sale as well along with it. Was also kind of hoping for either or both of the following:

Call of Cthulhu
VtM: Bloodlines

Still tempted to pick up Amnesia, but considering my backlog I might wait and see if I can't get it for a better price during their holiday sale later this year. I'll happily buy it at full price if I can get through some other games as well...

In for Amnesia and Alter Ego.

Was also hoping for Vampire, and FEAR 2. The Games for Windows Live deal is good but no steam integration :(

[quote name='SeanTM22']Sell me on Amnesia in one sentence...[/QUOTE]

I hit my head and forgot what it was about!

Sold!

Sorry, had to do it!

"Amnesia: The Dark Descent most certainly reminds us how interactivity, perspective, and player disempowerment can be highly engaging, and that a slow creep of fear with abrupt spikes of terror is ultimately the essence of the horror experience"

Taken from www.gamernode.com/reviews/9480-amnesia-the-dark-descent/index.html

[quote name='SeanTM22']Sell me on Amnesia in one sentence...[/QUOTE]

It's cheaper at impulse right now, and will be cheaper during the after x-mas sale on steam.

[quote name='drakesvg']I would have to say that Team Fortress Dosnt Belong[/QUOTE]

It has a major Halloween event going on right now.

[quote name='Scorch']I am very, very on the fence about Amnesia. I've heard nothing but good things. Has anyone played it?[/QUOTE]

I pretty much love the game, if only because it's true survival horror--none of this "hit the scary things with a metal pipe stuff" (even though I love you, Silent Hill 2).

Ultimately, it scared the crap out of me a few times and I think it's a pretty fantastic game. It's also worth a second playthrough if you'd like to listen to the developer's commentary.

HOWEVER, I'm a total sucker for these types of games and I purchased it at the $19.99 price--so your mileage may vary.

If you liked Penumbra &/or being scared, check it out, definitely. (I think there's a demo on Steam)

GamersGate have better deals and prices on their own Halloween deal:

Resident Evil 5: $14.97 - Up to 798 Blue Coins back, a $0.80 value. - $0.83 less than Steam
Ghostbusters: $7.99 - Up to 500 Blue Coins back, a $0.50 value. - $2.50 less than Steam
Amnesia: Dark Descent: $9.99 - Up to 650 Blue Coins back, a $0.65 value. - $5.65 less than Steam
Haunted House: $6.49 - Up to 475 Blue Coins back, a $0.48 value. - $3.98 less than Steam

Always check prices on different stores for extra savings :p

stalker call of pripyat and stalker shadow of chernobyl are listed at 9.99 each but its regular price when u click on it. Although the bundle together is 9.99. So im guessing a pricing mistake?

TF2 was what I was reffering to, but yes I guess Worms is just out of place. Its just kind of annoying that Valve can not have a sale without feeling as though they have to put their own games on sale. And dont give me that crap that TF2 has a Halloween map right now, so does everquest and numerous other online games...it does not mean they are Halloweenish in the slightest.

Does anyone know if Bioshock an GFWL title? The system requirements say it requires an internet connection for activation but no mentioning on what protection system it uses.

Bioshock 1 is a Games for Windows certified title, it is NOT LIVE enabled
Bioshock 2 is a Games for Windows LIVE title, it is LIVE enabled.

Sell Amnesia in one sentence? How about this: scary games offer the most memorable experiences.

Already bought Amnesia for $10 on Gamersgate. I had lots of fun playing Penumbra: Black Plague with a friend - and I think these sort of scare-tastic / puzzle games are good for that reason. I look forward to playing Amnesia with my friend - the graphics are great for an indie title.

Is the Steam version of RE5 played over GFWL or Steam? I don't see anything mentioned in the product description...

Also, what is the lowest price TF2 has hit? I'm not sure if I should buy it now or hold out for BF/Christmas.

As dumb as this sounds, I would be so ready to buy Amnesia if it was $10. Now I'll have to think about it. Same thing with Dead Space. I would totally double-dip on that for $5.

remember last year when TF2 was on their scary spooky sale of $2.50 for like I dunno a few hours? That was badass, even though I already had it from tOB.. hindsight I shoulda gifted a few. Bet you guys complaining TF2 isn't Halloweenish wouldn't complain then :p, anyway why at all complain about a SALE?

It's easy to make awesome custom maps in Worms Reloaded. Just look at these from the Worms Reloaded discussion thread...

CheapAssGamerfullpicture.png

CheapAssGamer by EastX

BionicCommandoArea7.png

Bionic Commando - Area 7 by EastX

Everyone who gets this game, please...

Join the CAG Worms Reloaded Steam group!

[quote name='Scorch']I am very, very on the fence about Amnesia. I've heard nothing but good things. Has anyone played it?

Kind of. Steam is the only way to get it here in the states.[/QUOTE]

HAHA, I completely missed Amnesia! I definitely want that game, played the demo and it seemed amazing. Bad thing is I've bought so much stuff lately not sure when I'll get around to playing it.

Then again as somebody else said it's cheaper on GamersGate... Has anybody had experience with them? I mean is it just a DL site like Steam or Direct2Drive or what? It doesn't have Steam achievements does it? That seems like it would be the only benefit of buying it from them if you're into that.

Gamersgate is just a DL site. I've bought 2 games on it so far and had no trouble. I know it's not Steam, but sign up and give the competition some love.

Got BioShock and PvZ. Already had BioShock retail, but $5 for Steam convenience is worth it (to me).

I think I'll hold out for better deals on TF2 and RE5.

Great price on AvP. I dobn't think it's as bad as it's made out to be but I can only speak for the single player experience. Think I'll get Haunted House from GG (thanks for the heads up DarkPGR) and PvZ and Burn Zombie Burn from Steam. I love/hate these sales.

So, are these games likely to be on better sale over BF or Holiday? I would like to grab a couple copies of PvsZ and one Bioshock, but if they will be a few bucks cheaper down the road that would be several bucks more I could invest in other games during the holiday sale.

I am fairly new to Steam sales and am just curious how risky it would be to pass over these deals now and hope for

TF2 also has Halloween masks you can wear (different for each class), so it's not just a Halloween map.

Nothing for me this time, but PvZ is a steal for $5.

[quote name='happysnork']So, are these games likely to be on better sale over BF or Holiday? I would like to grab a couple copies of PvsZ and one Bioshock, but if they will be a few bucks cheaper down the road that would be several bucks more I could invest in other games during the holiday sale.

I am fairly new to Steam sales and am just curious how risky it would be to pass over these deals now and hope for

[quote name='happysnork']So, are these games likely to be on better sale over BF or Holiday? I would like to grab a couple copies of PvsZ and one Bioshock, but if they will be a few bucks cheaper down the road that would be several bucks more I could invest in other games during the holiday sale.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Is the Steam version of RE5 played over GFWL or Steam? I don't see anything mentioned in the product description...

Also, what is the lowest price TF2 has hit? I'm not sure if I should buy it now or hold out for BF/Christmas.[/QUOTE]

TF2 has been $5 before, but usually the sale price is $10. I expected the regular price to dip to $15 after the final class update was released, but it didn't.

During the Spy/Sniper update week, there were periods where they put it on sale for $2.00, but lasting just a couple hours at a time. They did it 3-4 times over a long weekend. If you happened to see the sale, it was a great time to send copies to friends.

bread's done
Back