BB 2-day Early BF Sale 11/5-11/6 PSPGo $150, Guilty Party $20, other Disney Wii Games

gamerdogbert

CAGiversary!
Best Buy's having an early BF lead-up sale just like Amazon has been. It's a 2 day event this Friday 11/5 and Saturday 11/6

PSP Go for $149.99
:wii: Guilty Party $19.99
:wii: Toy Story Mania $19.99
:wii: Toy Story 3 $29.99
:wii: Disney Channel All-Star Party $29.99
:wii: Disney Sing-It Party Hits $29.99
:wii: Disney Sing-It Family Hits $29.99

Also:
Verizon HTC Droid Incredible $99.99
And some other electronics, not very good brands though. See link for full list:

http://www.bestbuy.com/ShopEarly

Also: I just got home from BB, and I discovered that they have :wii: New Play Control Pikmin on clearance for $6.99. Just thought I'd tack it on here in case anyone's interested. Peace!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guilty Party looks good. But if last year BF is any indication, a lot of EA games will be insanely cheap on BF. I remember Dead Space Extraction and EA Sports Active was around $14.99, and the HD games were around 50% off.

This probably isn't the right place to ask, but what do you guys think about the TV? I'm looking to get a 32". Should I just wait till actual black friday or is this the best I'm gonna get?

[quote name='Bertyo']This probably isn't the right place to ask, but what do you guys think about the TV? I'm looking to get a 32". Should I just wait till actual black friday or is this the best I'm gonna get?[/QUOTE]

Well you waited this long. Might as well wait a couple more weeks for Black Friday imho. I know I bought a cheap 32" tv back in the day during Black Friday @ Circuit City (RIP)

[quote name='Bertyo']This probably isn't the right place to ask, but what do you guys think about the TV? I'm looking to get a 32". Should I just wait till actual black friday or is this the best I'm gonna get?[/QUOTE]
Personally I wouldn't buy anything named Dynex or Insignia... In order of preference, I'd look at: Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Toshiba. Amazon has an LG, a Samsung, and a Toshiba all going for $350 right now everyday price, so I don't think that $260 is that much of a savings when it's a much shittier brand. But if you're just looking for as cheap as possible, it's okay but still not that great a deal. If you found one for $199.99 THAT would be a great deal IMO. ;)

[quote name='gamerdogbert']Personally I wouldn't buy anything named Dynex or Insignia... In order of preference, I'd look at: Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Toshiba. A 32" 720p Panasonic is going for $350 right now at everyday Amazon price, so I don't think that $260 is that much of a savings when it's a much shittier brand. But if you're just looking for as cheap as possible, it's okay but still not that great a deal. If you found one for $199.99 THAT would be a good deal IMO. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. After reading the reviews for this TV on best buy's website I definitely won't be getting it.

I LOVE my Insignia Plasma 42" TV... It was free after all the crazy flips when BB started taking games. Really nice TV, great picture. It works great with the $25 Harmony remote I got from Target clearance :) Damn, I love this website...

Gamestop has been selling used PSP GOs for $150 for the past year. Majority of them are almost brand new. If this one includes the 3 free games then i might pick it up as well.

FYI, Guilty Party trades to Amazon for $22.50, so it's a good 1:1 flip if you're looking to move RZ coupons to Amazon credit.

I would say you will get a better deal sometime in the next month. Although if you NEED a TV now, the beauty of purchasing from Best Buy is that you have 30 days to return it, even if it's opened. Just keep the packaging. You may even have 30 days from Xmas, as I believe any purchases made from Nov 1 - Dec 24 has an extended return policy, so you can keep the TV until you find a better deal.

I would really like a PSPgo... not to play games, but as a media player/web browser for when I'm waiting for class to start.

[quote name='Vinny']I would really like a PSPgo... not to play games, but as a media player/web browser for when I'm waiting for class to start.[/QUOTE]

What about an Ipod Touch? Nicer IMHO.

It should include the 3 free games. All PSPGo's that are sold up until March of 2011 are supposed to have access to those games. It is pretty tempting.

Hmm. I am almost sold on that Go. IF it has the 3 free games, then I'm in. I'm sure this will be on the BF list big this year. It bombed big almost all retailers has it on sale for $200 before Sony officially lowered the MSRP.

[quote name='dougstill']What about an Ipod Touch? Nicer IMHO.[/QUOTE]
The Sony is cheaper and able to play the same movies with 16gb built in. If all you are going to do is load your own movies then the PSPGO is a good choice. The Ipod wile 2x as much has netflix, apps, and prettier interface along with the ability to play stored movie.

[quote name='gokuofheaven']Gamestop has been selling used PSP GOs for $150 for the past year. Majority of them are almost brand new. If this one includes the 3 free games then i might pick it up as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the price of downloaded games for the PSPgo are unreasonable compared to the prices you'd get a majority of new UMDs based games, let alone used ones

Dammit, just ordered Guilty Party a few days ago from Amazon's B2G1 sale. It immediately went to preparing to ship, and hasn't shipped. So I can't cancel and get something else =(

Man, the PSP Go is looking good (already got one at launch). Well, considering that you can attach FIVE PSPs to your PSN account, it really worth to have extra PSPs if you have a big family. Besides, I already have a ton of PSP games in my PSN library, hmmmm....

[quote name='Vinny']I would really like a PSPgo... not to play games, but as a media player/web browser for when I'm waiting for class to start.[/QUOTE]

I have one (and I like it) but the browser functionality is awful.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I LOVE my Insignia Plasma 42" TV... It was free after all the crazy flips when BB started taking games. Really nice TV, great picture. It works great with the $25 Harmony remote I got from Target clearance :) Damn, I love this website...[/QUOTE]

nice. I think i heard of this tv. Although Insignia is a bestbuy brand, sounds like this was the 42" Plasma that had a great panel inside of it. :applause:

[quote name='bgame2']I have one (and I like it) but the browser functionality is awful.[/QUOTE]

I don't use my PSP Go for internet at all :lol: Media files works wonder on the PSPs. The fact that you can just use the USB cable connect to your computer and transfer files without iTunes is pretty awesome already.

You guys are crazy if you resist a Go at this price. Probably as low is it will ever go/be, even with PSP2 and PSP-Cell coming out..I mean, maybe on one rogue day if $150 was MSRP, you could get it for $130, but this $150 is killer. For everyone who wants to use to rival an iProduct, go for it, it is great and is a ton better since you don't have to deal with iTunes. the 16gb goes a very very long way. I went on a trip, had the first season of Modern Family on there, 6 movies that had just come onto DVD and my 16 games I've downloaded, had 2gb free still.

If I didn't just buy Kinect today, I would seriously consider getting another one at this price and have one dedicated to media, and one dedicated to games. Defeat the purpose..nah, b/c I basically use media and games at different times (like games when I'm in a waiting situation, or media when I have a little time to..blow some smoke while out in the garage ;) )

I'll be going to buy the Go this weekend. heh. I can't pass that up. I want a portable pocket sized device that I can get on the web with.

Well, I only paid less than $4 more for Guilty Party from Amazon last week, so I'm not too annoyed. Good price, though. I'd look at the Go, except I already have a PSP I don't play that much.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I LOVE my Insignia Plasma 42" TV... It was free after all the crazy flips when BB started taking games. Really nice TV, great picture. It works great with the $25 Harmony remote I got from Target clearance :) Damn, I love this website...[/QUOTE]

I've had my Dynex 37" LCD for over a year now and other than the speakers lacking a bit I have found it to be a great, affordable ($529.00 a year ago) product...

The home theater system speakers more than make up for the built in speakers, which I never use....

I LOVE my Harmony 720 I got on clearance from Target for $25. It's by far my favorite purchase from this site ever. As a side note to the above poster - external speakers are the way to go, I got a set of 7.1 clearance Sonys + reciever for $200 and it works great for my setup. Not the best in the world but a hell of a lot better than anything I've ever had.

Hm, how does the PSPGo FEEL in your hands as opposed to a PSP? I had to buy grips for my PSP to make it more comfortable for longer playing sessions.

PSP_grip_web.jpg

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Hm, how does the PSPGo FEEL in your hands as opposed to a PSP? I had to buy grips for my PSP to make it more comfortable for longer playing sessions.

[/QUOTE]

I actually just returned a PSPgo I got from warehouse deals and it felt surprisingly comfortable. For me, the problem with the original PSPs was the joystick placement being to close to the edge of the psp, causing me to bend my thumb in an awkward manner. The PSPgo alleviates this problem by placing the joystick further to the middle, allowing your thumb to stretch more naturally.

Just another note for you guys considering the PSPgo for the 3 games - I've read on the playstation forums that the codes are taking weeks in some cases to actually arrive.

source:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PSP-General/PSP-Go-Promotion-of-3-free-Games/m-p/46358804

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']I actually just returned a PSPgo I got from warehouse deals and it felt surprisingly comfortable. For me, the problem with the original PSPs was the joystick placement being to close to the edge of the psp, causing me to bend my thumb in an awkward manner. The PSPgo alleviates this problem by placing the joystick further to the middle, allowing your thumb to stretch more naturally.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, that was my main gripe too and the reason I got the grip as I have long thumbs.

This deal is basically buy Guilty Party, get Toy Story Mania free (GP is $40 normally, you would spend $40 on getting both of them in this deal).

Cool, because that would be an easy 2 Christmas presents for a couple nephews.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']I actually just returned a PSPgo I got from warehouse deals and it felt surprisingly comfortable. For me, the problem with the original PSPs was the joystick placement being to close to the edge of the psp, causing me to bend my thumb in an awkward manner. The PSPgo alleviates this problem by placing the joystick further to the middle, allowing your thumb to stretch more naturally.

Just another note for you guys considering the PSPgo for the 3 games - I've read on the playstation forums that the codes are taking weeks in some cases to actually arrive.

source:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PSP-General/PSP-Go-Promotion-of-3-free-Games/m-p/46358804[/QUOTE]

That's really good to hear. One of the main reasons I don't play my PSP is because of the analog nub placement, which pretty much has my hand all jacked up playing with the inside of my thumb. I get some serious burning in the tendons after about 20-30 mins :whistle2:?

I am considering a GO, but it really depends on if there are other amazing BF deals more deserving of my money :D

this probably doesn't apply to your needs, especially if you are looking for a 32 inch tv, but Walmart is having a great deal this Sat/Sun only I believe.

26'' Vizio RazorLED for $198

I'm going to pick it up for the bedroom - reviews are very solid

I just got back from BB, and I happened to find that :wii: New Play Control Pikmin is on clearance for $6.99. I'll add it to the OP just in case anyone's interested.

bread's done
Back