Nintendo Files Claim On 'It's On Like Donkey Kong'

Pretty sure it was in the books as well.

And if they're trademarking the phrase, they sure better make good use of it and start using it in press releases and such.
"Xbox 360 outsold the Wii this month? Watch out Microsoft, cause IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!"

Although I hate it when companies apply for stupid copyrights like this, I couldn't help but laugh at this absurd story...

[quote name='KingBroly']Even if they don't get it, it's great press for the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's kind of what I'm guessing. As long as that is the intent, this is awesome. If Nintendo actually wanted to try enforcing this for any reason, it would be ridiculous.

On the other hand Donkey Kong is their property, and while they can't keep those words out of peoples mouths they seem to have a right to it, don't they? I mean more than anyone would any other random catchphrase.

BTW, Nintendo was successful in getting the trademark for "Its on like Donkey Kong"

Word Mark IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Compact discs and optical discs featuring entertainment, educational, and informational content, namely, video games, music, and stories; downloadable multimedia files, namely, video games; downloadable electronic game programs; downloadable electronic game software; electronic game programs; electronic game software; video game discs; video game programs; video game software
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 85173084
Filing Date November 9, 2010
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) Nintendo of America Inc. CORPORATION WASHINGTON 4600 - 150th Avenue NE Redmond WASHINGTON 98052
Attorney of Record Jerald E. Nagae
Prior Registrations 1328713;1328714;1331984;AND OTHERS
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

bread's done
Back