New WHITE Nintendo Wii for $120 at Target!

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Today Target stores put the original white Nintendo Wil on Clearence for $139.99. PLus you can go to this site and print off a $20 coupon good off any Nintendo Wii system:

http://coupons.target.com/mcp/pd.cf...E9zdBB0ruJcghSY1Gn04Cyec3rd+P76hSPsOBXBEKtk=#

Look for the $20 off Nintendo Wii system. This is the white original with no games included except Wii Sports. This might be YMMV but a few people confirmed it and I saw them today.

[quote name='buster90']Today Target stores put the original white Nintendo Wil on Clearence for $139.99. PLus you can go to this site and print off a $20 coupon good off any Nintendo Wii system:

http://coupons.target.com/mcp/pd.cf...E9zdBB0ruJcghSY1Gn04Cyec3rd+P76hSPsOBXBEKtk=#

Look for the $20 off Nintendo Wii system. This is the white original with no games included except Wii Sports. This might be YMMV but a few people confirmed it and I saw them today.[/QUOTE]
Do Targets still have them in-stock?

I guess I'll check if it says on the website

None in my area or at no stores I'm willing to travel to. Probably better off since I just bought an Xbox and wouldn't know what games to get for it anyway. I'll still check however since I plan on hitting up the clearance section at Target tomorrow.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I still cant believe people like the Wii console.[/QUOTE]
Well this is a really good price to pay for anyone that is mostly interested in Virtual Console games. There's a lot of great games to get on there. I'm getting Donkey Kong tomorrow and then looking at Goldeneye and Epic Mickey. If those go well I'll feel much better about the Wii. Wii can also be used for Netflix.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaoPi']closes store is 18 miles away no thanks, go with bestbuy BF deal for the wii if you have to[/QUOTE]
18 miles is hardly anything. How far is Best Buy? What BF deal are you referring to?

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I still cant believe people like the Wii console.[/QUOTE]

I still can't believe people continue to bitch about the Wii.

There are some great games to be had on the cheap.

Me either but when it gets down to $99 or less it'll definitely be time for me to pick one up to play the Nintendo games I've missed out on.

I can't believe Target still has this. I thought they would have sent them all back to Nintendo for credit or something. I bought one of these for Christmas last year, believing Nintendo when they said they would never release a black one in North America. Then a few months later they released the black one with sports resorts bundled.

I bought the black bundle and have this white one without sports resort new and sealed. Listed it on craigslist for $140 cash. Anyone in norcal bay area looking for one?

[quote name='frpilot']I can't believe Target still has this. I thought they would have sent them all back to Nintendo for credit or something. I bought one of these for Christmas last year, believing Nintendo when they said they would never release a black one in North America. Then a few months later they released the black one with sports resorts bundled.

I bought the black bundle and have this white one without sports resort new and sealed. Listed it on craigslist for $140 cash. Anyone in norcal bay area looking for one?[/QUOTE]
You bought it and left it new in the box for nearly a year?

I bought the red Wii just for the VC games, primarily Super Mario RPG.

yeah cause 8 months later in the gaming world is known as "relatively soon".

I predict that relatively soon Dead Space 2 is gonna go on clearance at Target.

I picked up the Wii for $100. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 are two of the best games for any system this gen. Then add in Mario Kart, Monster Hunter, Metriod, Zelda, etc. There are enough good games to easily justify a Wii buy.

[quote name='confoosious']bah. after researching the virtual console game issue (can't transfer), this doesn't seem a good a deal anymore.[/QUOTE]

Good deal if you're like me and haven't had a good enough reason to pick up a Wii yet. $120 good reasons...

[quote name='jeebert']Good deal if you're like me and haven't had a good enough reason to pick up a Wii yet. $120 good reasons...[/QUOTE]

Well, you were still better off with the red wii at kmart with $50 cashback.

For the extra $30, you get

wii motion plus
wii sports resort instead of wii sports
NSMBWii

Even if you can't get that deal anymore and can only get something like $30 cash back, that extra $50 is worth it if you want NSMBWii. You're gonna have to get the motion plus ($20) anyway. And you get a new sku.

What's with all the Wii hate? For a little more than a $100, that's a true steal. There's tons of great stuff on the Wii. Even if you only use it around the holidays with family, it's a better buy than taking them all to the movies once or twice. Mine has a proud place right next to the PS3 and 360.

Heck for this price I might pick up another for my parents who were curious about it last year. Thanks for the post OP!

[quote name='midloo']What's with all the Wii hate? For a little more than a $100, that's a true steal. There's tons of great stuff on the Wii. Even if you only use it around the holidays with family, it's a better buy than taking them all to the movies once or twice. Mine has a proud place right next to the PS3 and 360.

Heck for this price I might pick up another for my parents who were curious about it last year. Thanks for the post OP![/QUOTE]

cause Hardcore kiddies with no friends love to hate on it.

I think the wii is great. But this is only a great deal for like parental types. it's merely a good deal for others.

[quote name='confoosious']Well, you were still better off with the red wii at kmart with $50 cashback.

For the extra $30, you get

wii motion plus
wii sports resort instead of wii sports
NSMBWii

Even if you can't get that deal anymore and can only get something like $30 cash back, that extra $50 is worth it if you want NSMBWii. You're gonna have to get the motion plus ($20) anyway. And you get a new sku.[/QUOTE]

The red Wii comes with Wii Sports, NOT Sports Resort.

[quote name='romeogbs19']The red Wii comes with Wii Sports, NOT Sports Resort.[/QUOTE]

oh really? my bad. i figured with motion plus, they'd include sports resort.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I bought the red Wii just for the VC games, primarily Super Mario RPG.[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of emulators bro? Don't reward Nintendo for its movement to kill off the hardcore industry by re-releasing old games and catering the rest of its lineup to soccer moms. Now you have Microsoft and Sony wanting to get in on that action and releasing their own retarded motion controllers. As a result of the resources devoted to that, we have the worst holiday lineup of games in recent memory with barely any focus on games that real gamers want to play.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']Ever heard of emulators bro? Don't reward Nintendo for its movement to kill off the hardcore industry by re-releasing old games and catering the rest of its lineup to soccer moms. Now you have Microsoft and Sony wanting to get in on that action and releasing their own retarded motion controllers. As a result of the resources devoted to that, we have the worst holiday lineup of games in recent memory with barely any focus on games that real gamers want to play.[/QUOTE]

Right, so, your logic is to steal the games from them so that they ONLY get money from the soccer moms? Good luck with that... bro.

[quote name='mkelehan']Right, so, your logic is to steal the games from them so that they ONLY get money from the soccer moms? Good luck with that... bro.[/QUOTE]

and of course the dude is so shady, no one is to trade with him. :lol:

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Mario galaxy 1+2, Donkey Kong County Returns, Metroid Prime Trilogy and Monster Hunter Tri are reasons enough to own a Wii.[/QUOTE]

And also as far as actually using motion controls, I'd add:

Trauma Center New Blood
Resident Evil rail shooters

Good deal, but I have a backlog a mile long with just a PS3. I dont know where the rest of you have time to play multiple systems. I am jealous of that!

[quote name='wrencrest']Good deal, but I have a backlog a mile long with just a PS3. I dont know where the rest of you have time to play multiple systems. I am jealous of that![/QUOTE]

Unemployment helps :(.

Thanks OP! Picked one up for the grandparents (mutual gift for Xmas)......everything went smoothly (coupon accepted and all). Downtown Minneapolis, 2 left as of 1:30CST.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']It's sad that the Kinect/Move cost more/about the same as buying a new Wii.

Will wait for that $99 price point before buying.[/QUOTE]

I can't even believe it sold for $250 when it first came out, it was outdated then.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Unemployment helps :(.[/QUOTE]

Roger that.

Lol @ the people that paid $500 - $600 when they first came out on ebay.

[quote name='aj slick']Roger that.

Lol @ the people that paid $500 - $600 when they first came out on ebay.[/QUOTE]

They probably had jobs and could afford it :)

bread's done
Back