The Sims 3 Bundle (Xbox 360/PS3, PC and Iphone) $34.99 + Tax at Best Buy

confuseousprime

CAGiversary!
For those looking to take advantage of the Sims 3 for PS3/Xbox 360 ($34.99 on Black Friday) it also appears that the bundle packs have also gone on sale.

link

For the price of $34.99, you can get one of two bundles:

1.) The Sims 3 for Iphone, PC, and Xbox360

Or

2.) The Sims 3 for Iphone, PC, and Playstation 3

The bundle is normally $59.99. The pricing is most likely tied to the current Sims 3 promotion.

[quote name='kevzik']Does this include separate media? meaning I could keep the xbox 360 disc and gift the pc disc?[/QUOTE]

I can't tell from the product description, but I figure that would be easiest way for the media to be separated. Sorry!

I would like to know this as well. I already have Sims 3 for PC, so I would gift/sell that copy and keep the 360/ipod games for myself. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this soon!

[quote name='PotatoGuy']well i ordered this online for tomorrow pickup with my mad men blus. i'll post tomorrow how the packaging is.[/QUOTE]

That would be great! Then again, I guess I am taking a risk waiting on your confirmation as it's likely to sell out by then.

I'll wait.

Wow, this is a great deal. Still not sure if I should pick it up as I haven't played Sims 2 in many a year. Now to figure out if I should spend the hours playing a Sims game again, of which my time is more limited than before!

Is it even possible for a PS3 game and a PC game to be on the same disc?

A single DVD cant hold both, and no way its on a blu ray or else it wouldnt be possible for most people's PC

The Sims 3 is only 14.97 on EA's site:

http://eastore.ea.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID=53547900&childCategoryID=53547900

35 bucks would be cool, but assuming you sell one version for 20 bucks profit, youre not really saving that much money.

Great deal for someone who wants both versions though

[quote name='CXK']Interesting deal. I wish there was a demo for the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

It's a great port. You'll love it. My girlfriend has it and it feels as if nothing is missing from the PC version.

For 3 copies of it for $34.99 + tax.. it's DAMN worth it. Don't hesitate.. BUY BUY BUY! :p

Yeah, wondering if anyone knows if they have them in stores? Would be interested in picking one up later.

I'm tempted to get it, but I know I won't use the other 2 versions, and Amazon currently has it for $39.99 (on 360), which is only about $2 more than BB w/ tax (and I have Prime, so free 2-day). I just wish I knew someone that didn't have the PC version yet, otherwise I'd be all over this deal.

Hmm, so if I went with in-store pickup ... am I going to get screwed by CS not being open at 5 am or do you think they'll do pulls before they open and hold a copy for me?

I was gonna buy the 360 version from them anyway, so this is nice. I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do with the other two versions though. Thanks OP.

ok. some of you will not be happy. you get the disk for the console version and download vouchers for the iphone AND PC Version. they expire in april of next year.

still not bad for 35, eh?

[quote name='PotatoGuy']ok. some of you will not be happy. you get the disk for the console version and download vouchers for the iphone AND PC Version. they expire in april of next year.

still not bad for 35, eh?[/QUOTE]

did the disc at least come with the 360/ps3 case?

[quote name='PotatoGuy']ok. some of you will not be happy. you get the disk for the console version and download vouchers for the iphone AND PC Version. they expire in april of next year.

Can you snap a picture? If the packaging looks like garbage and has Best Buy logos slathered about, I'll just cancel it and order the PC version from Amazon for $20.

regular retail disc in regular retail packaging. only difference is over the UPC there is a not for resale sticker over it. but it is on the cellophane. two paper inserts with redeemable download codes for pc version and iphone. all of it was bundled in a carboard box that is slightly larger then a ps3 game case. i can take a picture as soon as i charge the battery. or if my girlfriend comes home between now and then i cant as it is a gift for her.

Good to know. Can you tell - is the PC version PC/Mac - or just PC? Sims games are usually for Mac too, but if it's just a code then maybe not...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imacjenn']Good to know. Can you tell - is the PC version PC/Mac - or just PC? Sims games are usually for Mac too, but if it's just a code then maybe not...[/QUOTE]

Was wondering the same thing, just got back from BBY though and nothing on the package says it is a good for a MAC download. It is just the digital download for PC, which is kind of weird since they are giving you an iphone download. Still a great deal though.

[quote name='kevzik']Guess I could gift paper vouchers, right?[/QUOTE]

yah and if the person gets angry then fuck them. should be happy they were given anything.

also the paper isnt in front of me but i'm fairly sure the says pc all over it.

Torn between this and the 360 version alone for $30 on Amazon. Probably just better to save the money since I don't think anyone I know would be interested in the game.

360 version has a bug that will freeze your console when you try to save. After doing a marathon session several times, it will destroy your interest in the game.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']360 version has a bug that will freeze your console when you try to save. After doing a marathon session several times, it will destroy your interest in the game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I heard that. Apparently EA is working on a patch for the problem so hopefully it will be out before I get around to playing the game. Probably would be a while anyway since my backlog is fairly large. :D

This is a great value, especially for anyone who was going to buy the standard version off Amazon or BB for $35. Some pics -

img0387sz.jpg

img0388h0.jpg

Sorry for the quality, iphone camera. Anyway, notice the plastic is sealed on the ps3 copy and the 2 cards have codes on the back. Great if you only want PC or PS3/360 and want to sell the other copy online.

don't forget this is carried in the PC gaming area, not with the console games..I was torn about getting this b/c I really want to check out the Sims 3 on a console, but would not take advantage of the PC and iPod offerings..thus either having to give them away or sell the codes on here..which could work out..I just don't know! :roll:

bread's done
Back