Mega Man X Collection (PS2) $19.99 at Gamestop - Reprint?

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just picked this up during the B2G1F sale today and it came in one of the new style ps2 cases. There's more and more copies coming in stock on their site each day and it may be slowly making its way to the stores.

Thanks for the heads up. I was fairly certain this had been reprinted as Hubba Games has had like 600 new copies in stock for a couple of weeks now. They're selling it for $40 though.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']I just picked this up during the B2G1F sale today and it came in one of the new style ps2 cases. There's more and more copies coming in stock on their site each day and it may be slowly making its way to the stores.[/QUOTE]

New style PS2 cases?

[quote name='mr_bungle']New style PS2 cases?[/QUOTE]

No memory card spot.

The case is also very flimsy. I think that's what's meant by new style anyways.

Huh...I thought I'd always seen some PS2 cases without the memory card slot? Maybe not though.

Fun game...worth it if you don't own them IMO, though after replaying both the Megaman and X series, I think Megaman has aged much better and is the better series, personally speaking at least. Megaman collection is a must buy, but still this is what, 6 games for $20? Worth trying too. I've still got my copies on the shelf :)

fucking Playstation 3 and its inability to play PS2 games! :mad: Would have standardized on PS3 if it could.

Thanks so much OP! Definitely in for one. Loved this series to death when I was younger and still love it. Bought the Gamecube version more than a year ago and gotta say it's pretty unplayable to me with the controller scheme. You get used to it eventually but it's still not as natural as it should be. Now if they'd reprint the Mega Man Anniversary Collection that would just be golden.

Also have to agree the reprint cases are flimsy but just good enough to get the job done as long as it's stored properly.

I've had this game for years, but just wanted to say that it is definitely worth picking up. Mega Man X1-X4 will probably always be my favorite games ever made. Definitely have beaten them at least 50 times or so each.

I hope they bring ol' X back. I like the original MM games as well, but man I loved powering up and searching every nook and cranny for more health and armor upgrades.

I've been thinking about picking this up on eBay for weeks. Thanks OP, even though it isn't confirmed, I think I'll risk it. Hopefully it ships in Tales of the Abyss / Xenosaga III condition.

[quote name='SpiderHulkThing']

I hope they bring ol' X back. I like the original MM games as well, but man I loved powering up and searching every nook and cranny for more health and armor upgrades.[/QUOTE]
I want more Zero games. He was an awesome character. Maybe a Zero and Bass game. =D

Bass is an original Megaman timeline character though, right?

Wish Megaman 10 had just been a retail release. It's actually not a bad game at all, although I like the originals better.

[quote name='GUNNM']I want more Zero games. He was an awesome character. Maybe a Zero and Bass game. =D[/QUOTE]
Just wished they would have used Zero's old character model for the Zero series. Looked like he was stripped for parts during his slumber.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Bass is an original Megaman timeline character though, right?

Wish Megaman 10 had just been a retail release. It's actually not a bad game at all, although I like the originals better.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think 7 or 8 but hes the strongest in mega man and bass and is horrible in 10

[quote name='pewpewpew']Just wished they would have used Zero's old character model for the Zero series. Looked like he was stripped for parts during his slumber.[/QUOTE] I liked his zero look more tbh

[quote name='Luketaru']Is this the best version for these games? There's so many MM collections out that I was wondering if anyone knew.[/QUOTE]
There's Mega man anniversary which is original MM1-8 but this is MM X collection which is something totally different

I think the sound emulation on the Gamecube version of the X collection is better, but it's more of a nitpick than anything. Also, all the X games have control configuration screens so the Gamecube pad isn't much of an issue there. For the original collection your best bet is probably the PS2 or Xbox versions- the Xbox one is the most complete, containing all the extras from the other two, but all 3 have the same games.

[quote name='GDKN-403']the Xbox one is the most complete, containing all the extras from the other two, but all 3 have the same games.[/QUOTE]

I thought the Xbox one only had the NT megaman episode, it has the original cartoon episode from the PS2 one too?

[quote name='Luketaru']Is this the best version for these games? There's so many MM collections out that I was wondering if anyone knew.[/QUOTE]
If you mean between the different series, then it's all up for preference. For the X collection specifically I'd say PS2 version edges out GC because the button layout on the controller is closer to the originals. Love my Wavebird controller but this is probably the only game I've felt really awkward using it.

There's only a single collection that I know of. One for the main series, one for the X series.

Anyone have any experience returning pre-owned games bought online to stores? In case it's not a reprinted copy I want to know my options. Pretty sure the listing said New when I first clicked on it. Not sure if it was glitch or if they were updating the listing and made a temporary error or something. I was really happy with the Tales of Abyss reprint I got from them. Really top notch quality without the inflated price.

[quote name='distgfx']I thought the Xbox one only had the NT megaman episode, it has the original cartoon episode from the PS2 one too?[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm wrong then; I haven't actually played the Xbox version, but reviews at the time only mentioned it had a cartoon episode and the G4 special.

At any rate, the Gamecube version of MMAC is missing a lot of the remixed music and doesn't let you toggle it to play during the games, only allowing you to hear it in the sound test.

The PS2 version of the X collection is great. I totally recommend it.

As for the XBOX version of the original series collection, I like it. I don't know a thing about the extras, but it's good if you're just looking to play the games. They even fixed the slowdown and a few graphical oddities in Mega Man 3.

[quote name='jubeininja69']i brought this way back in 2005. surprised they are reprinting a common game.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's a bit rarer than you think. New copies had been selling for quite a large amount on the secondary markets.

[quote name='jubeininja69']i brought this way back in 2005. surprised they are reprinting a common game.[/QUOTE]

Check fleabay, they actually sell for quite a bit.

EDIT: I have the GC version, for $20-edge I wouldn't mind having it for ps2.

I didn't know/remember any of these had remixed music...I just used the original. Don't usually like remixed stuff. (Unless it's like Final Fantasy 1 on the PSP where it's either orchestral or super high quality synth)

The Megaman X series is by far my favorite Megaman series, and these are definitely the best of them all (though X8 was also awesome, and does deserve mentioning!)

[quote name='Wolfpup']I didn't know/remember any of these had remixed music...I just used the original. Don't usually like remixed stuff. (Unless it's like Final Fantasy 1 on the PSP where it's either orchestral or super high quality synth)[/QUOTE]

I don't recall the X collection having remixed music. X3 has the CD versions' soundtrack which is in a sense remixed, but it comes from the original CD release back in the 90s.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Huh, I didn't even remember there was a CD version of it! :)[/QUOTE]

In the US, I believe X3 was only on SNES. I never owned MMX3 on PS1, so I think he's referring to the music from the import.

[quote name='opportunity777']In the US, I believe X3 was only on SNES. I never owned MMX3 on PS1, so I think he's referring to the music from the import.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there were Japanese versions of X3 on the Saturn and PS1 in Japan. I believe it was also available on PC. The PC version may have made it to America. I'm not sure. I know X4's PC version made it to America. I'm not sure what was available in Britain.

Oh yeah, and the CD versions had extra visual effects that appear in the X3 collection.

i really really hope that it will appear in stores. i dont want to order off gamestop.com because i want the original case.

[quote name='skiizim']Check fleabay, they actually sell for quite a bit.

EDIT: I have the GC version, for $20-edge I wouldn't mind having it for ps2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were selling for a lot for a long time. The ps2 version was even more expensive than the gamecube version. I amy very happy that there is now a $20 reprint available.

I found this game at a local Gamestop in my state. I considered it a pretty rare find for a while. Another one popped up at a different Gamestop after I had gotten that copy. It kind of surprised me a little bit to tell you the truth.

I'm glad I got a good deal on it when I bought it a while back, otherwise this would sting (since I haven't played it yet).

Gamestop's old price for the game was $25 and I got it in a b2g1 along with Resident Evil Code Veronica X (another rarity) and Bayonetta for $50 total. It would've been nice to save a few bucks on it, but I'm glad I didn't go for one of the $45+ copies.

[quote name='GUNNM']Everyone but hubbagames wants over 100$ for a new copy.[/QUOTE]

Im not sure theyre really new. It came sealed but there wasnt a tamperproof strip.

Wow, I literally just bought the MM Anniversary Collection for Xbox for $30 new (Amazon seller) like two days ago. Would LOVE to get a hold of the X Collection new. Any chance there's a GameCube reprint, too?

I don't have a PS2, and I prefer the GC controller, but is the dpad really too awkward for it? (I might buy a PS2 Slim, but they seem insanely unreliable.) I could never find enough info on which version was better overall.

[quote name='thanksbetotap']Wow, I literally just bought the MM Anniversary Collection for Xbox for $30 new (Amazon seller) like two days ago. Would LOVE to get a hold of the X Collection new. Any chance there's a GameCube reprint, too?

I don't have a PS2, and I prefer the GC controller, but is the dpad really too awkward for it? (I might buy a PS2 Slim, but they seem insanely unreliable.) I could never find enough info on which version was better overall.[/QUOTE]

Really doubt there would ever be a gamecube reprint. It's the buttons rather than the D-pad that is annoying for the GC version of this game at least for me since I am so used to the classic controller configurations for each game. Still worth buying if you really don't want a PS2 though. I ended up canceling my order for this and just decided to put up with the controllers after thinking it over some more. Still very happy to own my GC version despite my complaints.

I'm not sure where you heard that the PS2 slim was unreliable though. It's a very nice console and the library for the PS2 is simply phenomenal.

Interesting.

OP, could you provide a photo of the reprint? I'm curious to see what this looks like.

[quote name='Dan1']Interesting.

OP, could you provide a photo of the reprint? I'm curious to see what this looks like.[/QUOTE]
Apparently hubbagames is selling reprints but the one they sent me looks like the same as the original.

bread's done
Back