Best Buy: Lost Planet 2 [DEAD] & Fight Night 4 $9.99 each (FREE Shipping!)

[quote name='aznboovie']Just go to bestbuy.com and search for it, thx op.[/QUOTE]

did that and it worked.

[quote name='Scorch']I guess they're eager to dump off copies of LP2. I can't say that I blame them.. terrible, terrible game[/QUOTE]

Says you.

The problem is that everyone keeps going into it like it's a third person shooter, a la RE4 or something similar (sans zombies, obviously). Once you figure out it's actually an arcade shooter, meant to be played in 10-15 minute burst levels, maybe you'll appreciate how awesome Lost Planet 2 is! ;) You play short levels to unlock coins, that unlock weapons and mods. It's unlike other 3rd person shooters (in that way), so the gaming community wants to go on a witch hunt and burn it at the stake.:bomb:

No, the problem is that there's no fucking checkpoints in the levels and if you die at a boss you start at the beginning. I loved the first game.. the gameplay in this is fine. The game itself is fine. The whole "no checkpoints" thing moved this from a buy to a "pass up even at bargain bin prices".

It's worth it if you have people to play co-op with, but single player is just.. I don't even wanna talk about it anymore.

[quote name='Magikarp830']Says you.

The problem is that everyone keeps going into it like it's a third person shooter, a la RE4 or something similar (sans zombies, obviously). Once you figure out it's actually an arcade shooter, meant to be played in 10-15 minute burst levels, maybe you'll appreciate how awesome Lost Planet 2 is! ;) You play short levels to unlock coins, that unlock weapons and mods. It's unlike other 3rd person shooters (in that way), so the gaming community wants to go on a witch hunt and burn it at the stake.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

For me, checkpoint and instant deaths that makes any type of health system totally useless were the deal breaker.

Those were the major problems and apparently they didn't even try to fix it like any other Capcom titles.
It seems that they never listen to the community and not even try to improve issues they had in the previous games.

I'm trying to use my $10 Christmas certificate for this but I can't for the life of me find anything cheap enough to add in my cart since it's saying that it has to be over $10 before tax.

Stop complaining about reposting . i`d not know about it if not reposted .I ordered Lost planet2 for shipping and estimate arrival is actually before xmas free shipping is big plus .Thank You Poster

[quote name='pythoncancer']Stop complaining about reposting . i`d not know about it if not reposted .I ordered Lost planet2 for shipping and estimate arrival is actually before xmas free shipping is big plus .Thank You Poster[/QUOTE]
Should start reading more often.

[quote name='blindinglights']I'm trying to use my $10 Christmas certificate for this but I can't for the life of me find anything cheap enough to add in my cart since it's saying that it has to be over $10 before tax.[/QUOTE]

Lol i've been trying to do the same thing. I might just pick up a cheap $3 dvd or something too.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Lol i've been trying to do the same thing. I might just pick up a cheap $3 dvd or something too.[/QUOTE]

Well, you could just order 2 copies and trade one in for $10.xx at Amazon but I didn't want to bother with that. I can't believe Best Buy doesn't have SOMETHING for $0.99 on their site.

Thanks OP! Now I don't have to go hunting on Sunday like I thought I would have to. Along with the DeadRising 2 LE for 30 at Amazon, it's the best deal of the season for me. Super pumped to play this!!

[quote name='blindinglights']I'm trying to use my $10 Christmas certificate for this but I can't for the life of me find anything cheap enough to add in my cart since it's saying that it has to be over $10 before tax.[/QUOTE]

Add a PRE-ORDER game to your cart so that the total price is over the certificate amount, then pay and cancel the pre-order afterwards. This should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blindinglights']Well, you could just order 2 copies and trade one in for $10.xx at Amazon but I didn't want to bother with that. I can't believe Best Buy doesn't have SOMETHING for $0.99 on their site.[/QUOTE]
Try adding Wow's 14 days trial for $1.99.

Nice! I picked up the PS3 version. I had $9.30 left on a gift card i used the other day, so i only had to pay $1.29 out of pocket. Thanks for the heads up op.

[quote name='aznboovie']Try adding Wow's 14 days trial for $1.99.[/QUOTE]

This is what I ended up doing, but I probably would have done the preorder if I had seen that before I submitted the order. I can't really complain though, got a brand new copy of :360: Lost Planet 2 and the WoW trial for $2.08 shipped. I'm afraid to even open the WoW trial though. I'll probably give it away.

[quote name='aznboovie']Should start reading more often.[/QUOTE]
May be i`ve real job that demand more time away from CAG

I told myself I wouldn't pay more then $5 for this, but for $10 new I just had to since I never got Lost Planet Colonies Extreme Condition. Ugh.

[quote name='Scorch']No, the problem is that there's no fucking checkpoints in the levels and if you die at a boss you start at the beginning. I loved the first game.. the gameplay in this is fine. The game itself is fine. The whole "no checkpoints" thing moved this from a buy to a "pass up even at bargain bin prices".

It's worth it if you have people to play co-op with, but single player is just.. I don't even wanna talk about it anymore.[/QUOTE]

This was apparently patched. http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2010/06/10/lost_planet_2_patch_out_on_xbox_live

I can't belive I'm still hesitant on Lost Planet 2. I had pre-ordered it, but after seeeing reviews I never bothered to pick it up. I hear it's unplayable in single player.

[quote name='pythoncancer']May be i`ve real job that demand more time away from CAG[/QUOTE]

I am guessing that real job is not as an English teacher.

[quote name='waxHead']But they still don't allow you to save at checkpoints during a chapter? Makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Most of the chapters are only 10-20 minutes long. Not being able to save in the middle of a chapter won't set you that far back.

Lost Planet 1 = Halo + Japan
Lost Planet 2 = L4D2 + Halo + Japan

If you'd consider L4D2 singleplayer, then get Lost Planet 2 single player. If you have a friend, just buy him a copy or play splitscreen (can't go splitscreen online). This game is designed around the coop, and has a decent coop multiplayer lobby, and fun mechanics. Easy respawns if you have 1 other dude with you.

I played through the whole game on Easy with 4 dudes. It's a blast. My one complaint is the multiplayer matchmaking. I can't figure out how to play easily with friends online. You can make a private room, or you can join a public room and try to get friends to join it too before it fills. You can't party up and then matchmake into public ctf games. Note: you CAN do this for coop, just not for ctf/competative modes.

Cool. Just found a free $10 gift certificate in my inbox from BB this morning. Think I'll see what they have.

Ordered from Best Buy... I wanted to wait for an Amazon price match, mostly because the fast shipping (and the few tax cents)...

But, oh, well... better get this while it's in stock

[quote name='Scorch']No, the problem is that there's no fucking checkpoints in the levels and if you die at a boss you start at the beginning. [/QUOTE]

Checkpoints were added on a patch.

Dam just read that the platinum trophy is unattainable in both of these games. If i get the best buy free credit then ill probably use it on LP2 and just play it on my sub account.

[quote name='needler420']Dam just read that the platinum trophy is unattainable in both of these games. If i get the best buy free credit then ill probably use it on LP2 and just play it on my sub account.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the 360 version of Lost Planet 2, but still I want to know...

Why is the Platinum Trophy unattainable?

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I ordered the 360 version of Lost Planet 2, but still I want to know...

Why is the Platinum Trophy unattainable?[/QUOTE]
This is the only thing I have found, I dont think there are any glitched achievements:

"Unfortunately, in order to get a few achievements in this game you will need to reach #1 on the leaderboards in any category. This wasn't to bad when the game first game out, but as time goes by and people keep setting new records, this will get harder and harder."

[quote name='Thrinn']Most of the chapters are only 10-20 minutes long. Not being able to save in the middle of a chapter won't set you that far back.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... ok. Overall, LP2 doesn't look too bad, and if the breaking issues mentioned in all the initial reviews were fixed by the patch(es), then maybe it's worth it.

bread's done
Back