Fun XBLA games for 400MSP?

Don't forget the Indie section - there's some great 80 point games. I've been semi-obsessed with Decimation X3 of late. 80 points and a great game. Sort of a bullet-hell version of Space Invaders. Very addictive.

[quote name='100xp']just download a bunch of demo's and see what you like. one gamers treasure is another gamer's trash.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='100xp']just download a bunch of demo's and see what you like. one gamers treasure is another gamer's trash.[/QUOTE]

This. Just go out and download demos of any game that looks interesting to you. Thats the great thing about XBL - demos. Every XBLA game has a demo you can try.

Sort by highest rated/most downloaded to get a feel of whats the most popular/best rated and go from there.

Personal opinion my top 3 400 pt or less games are: TMNT 89 Arcade, Geomtry Wars and Golden Axe. Everything else these days are 800pts or more. Granted about nearly half my games I got on sale thru weekly deals on XBL, and another 10% or so for free by promotions.

Yeah try out XBLA/Indie demos. Breath of Death VII and Cthulu Saves The World in the Indie section is a great combo for $4.

Get some more points and buy the two DeathSpank games while they're still on sale.

Soulcaster & Soulcaster II in the Indie Game section are both very awesome retro-styled games at 240 points.

TMNT, Doom, and Geometry Wars are all solid games at 400 points. Risk Factions is 400 right now, so give the demo a shot.

[quote name='chrisswiss83']Soulcaster & Soulcaster II in the Indie Game section are both very awesome retro-styled games at 240 points.

TMNT, Doom, and Geometry Wars are all solid games at 400 points. Risk Factions is 400 right now, so give the demo a shot.[/QUOTE]

FYI, DOOM is no longer available via XBLA. You can however get it through GS, as noted in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284800

[quote name='FinalDragoon']Marble Blast Ultra was the first XBLA title I purchased. It's an amazing value at 400 MSP. :)[/QUOTE]

I remember trying the demo a while back hoping it was a next gen Marble Madness and being disappointed. Now that you mention it I think I'll give it another shot!

Shoot 1UP
Breath of Death VII
Aban hawkins and the 1000 Spikes
Apple Jack
Radiangames Inferno

Five bucks for five great games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried Marble Blast Ultra a while back and didn't think much of it.

I'd add Robotron, but it's not available except via ebay (or wherever). Also, this is highly dependent on if you like Robotron. :)

Assault Heros
Cloning Clyde (very fun)
Dead Rising 2 :Case Zero (excellent value)
Feeding Frenzy
Zuma
3 on 3 NHL Arcade

PacMan
Ms. Pacman
Centipede/Millipede (picked this up when it was 200 points, worth it)

Agreed UNO Rush is a fun variant of UNO. It feels fresh but familiar since you pretty much already know how to play with it using the same rule set from UNO. Again like UNO though the customization is the real key to that game.

Anyone think Shinobi's worth 400 MSP? I remember having fun with it back in the day but am not sure how it's held up. Has it ever gone on sale?

The first Geometry Wars is still an absolutely amazing game--especially if you care about leaderboards and personal high scores

bread's done
Back