Please Delete

At least 5. Regular AOL is also free for 30 days (Haven't updated it yet) and you CAN sign up for both and receive points.

:)

Sounds like many of the same offers from freevideogames.com, beware of companies that say "sorry, you already signed up for this".

Nice find FeldBum, Im going to try this. Though, I saw on the ipod link that 4/21 is the last day to register. Also, can you list those offers that are free and easy to sign up for and quit?

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']Nice find FeldBum, Im going to try this. Though, I saw on the ipod link that 4/21 is the last day to register.[/quote]

I think that date is just for the code they give you. I looked at the page yesterday, and it said 4/20.

* Bargain.com is the easiest to sign up for and quit. The process is all automated. Point registers very fast.
* Ebay is free and youd on't have to quit, just bid on an item, but the time it takes to get the point varies: some get it within a week, took me 3 weeks.
* AOL and AOL Broadband are free, and easy to quit--who can't think of a reason to stop using AOL?
* Ancestry.com is free, easy to quit, 14 day trial
* Netflix is free for 2 weeks, and you get DVDs

:)

[quote name='_heretic']I think that date is just for the code they give you. I looked at the page yesterday, and it said 4/20.[/quote]

Is that code important?

No, it's just there to make you think the offer is fleeting and extra important.
If you click on the link tomorrow it will say the Offer expires on April 22, 2004!

Where's the article in Wired? I can't find it. Can you provide a link.

Of course it's going to generate SPAM. I said so in my OP:

"It goes without saying that this will generate SPAM. Do not use your regular email address. "

Use a Spam address [email protected] or something

I've tried freevideogames.com, there were too many credit card offers for me to get enough points for anything.

What were you trying to get in FVG? I used the following to get a GBA and I still had 60 points left over:

Ancestry.com
HomeWorks Plus
Essentials Free DVDs
Galleria
Connections
Privacy Plus
GoToMyPC
AOL
Clever Clubhouse
NetMarket
Travelers Advantage
Complete Home
AutoVantage
Vitalitrim
TrimLife

I just signed up for a couple offers and I'll see if they pan out. By the way FeldBum, how many points are you up to now?

[quote name='Wshakspear']I have been considering XM lately. I know its a pay service...but hell, i dont play PSO anymore... :)[/quote]

SIRIUS Satellite Radio's programming is FAR superior! I have 2 units for myself and am considering buying for the rest of my family.

With that said, go for the iPod mini or the camera over xm any day.

i have to agree with jive3d.

i've had sirius for over a year now, and just re-newed for another year. XM is ok, but i didn't like the audio decks that came with the service.

i use a Kenwood KDC-X969, and i love it!

FeldBum, are you the same Feldbum that's been posting on the FatWallet Forums? I've been doing some checking to see if other people were trying this and found you over there.

It's me--one and the same. Figured I've gotten enough Game deals here that I should post this deal here as well.

I've been with FatWallet since September 2000--an old timer.

Are you over there as well? It's a great forum.

Two Updates:
1. Bargain.com no longer has an automatic phone cancellation system. You have to talk to somone.
2. Points will only post to your status once a day. From my own experience and other's, it seems to be about 10:30-11:00 a.m. Eastern Time

I really want an iPod mini, but I don't want to deal with all this hassle I don't think. Has anyone else tried it with success?

Thanks for the updates Feldbum. I've just lurked at FatWallet for a while.
I've got 6 offers completed so I'll be checking in the next few days for my points.

Well, I checked my status today and after one day I have 4 points! AOL 9
optimized, AOL for Broadband, Bargain.com, and Trimlife all went through
after only one day. I'm still waiting on E-bay and Netflix but so far so good. Time will tell.

This isnt quite that. Yes, that did say ipod at the top, but is'nt that. This is more along the reasons of all the "free" magazine deals...Memberships. Basically its getting people to sign up for services, thus getting more users on board, and the only thing they have to lose is a number, while they can gain any $ you send them for not canceling soon enough.

[quote name='mario23air']Here is a link to the Wired.com article.

http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,62226,00.html[/quote]

This is completely different. That is a pure pyramid scheme (read: scam). This is like FVG, where the normal user will sign up and either forget to cancel or be bullied into staying enrolled by a pushy CSR. Many people don't even sign up for enough offers to get the prize.

Freeslide is paid on clickthru basis, as reported by the companies. They save the referall link from Freeslide and pay them a certain amount per traffic directed to their site. Freeslide encourages traffic with the lure of an iPod.

Well, I signed up for:
Ancestry
AOL 9.0
AOL Call Alert
Netflix
Bargain.com
and Chase Platinum

Hope this works. Should I give it a few days before I cancel some of these? I don't want to forget about em and then have it charged to my card, but I still want the points.

Write down all the start dates of the trials and cancel toward the end. I find you get better results that way.

Check the Original Post. I added some other offers that I either found myself or ppl told me about, including:
Portable DVD Player
Playstation 2
Sony HandyCam
KitchenAid Stand Mixer

Got the Email! It reads as follows:

You did it! You have successfully earned 6 action points and are now eligible to receive your free gift. Thank you so much for your participation in our promotions.

Please send us the following information so that we may ship you your free mini Ipod:

Your First and Last Name:

Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:

i guess the problem that i have with this site and the offer thing is the fact that with freevideogames.com they ask you to sign up for more than 6 offers to get a 50 dollar game, or whatever price they pay for it. with this site they are giving out a 200 playstation 2? and an even more expensive ipod mini? sounds like a scam but if it just means that i have to cancel a few free trials, then i guess i am up to try it, stranger things have happened i suppose

[quote name='thealternakid']i guess the problem that i have with this site and the offer thing is the fact that with freevideogames.com they ask you to sign up for more than 6 offers to get a 50 dollar game, or whatever price they pay for it. with this site they are giving out a 200 playstation 2? and an even more expensive ipod mini? sounds like a scam but if it just means that i have to cancel a few free trials, then i guess i am up to try it, stranger things have happened i suppose[/quote]

Well they get paid about $10 per affiliate link. But since their site is kinda confusing, I don't think they expect a large percentage to "convert"--to actually finish the offers. And since most people bring in referalls as well, Freeslide still ends making money, even if they have to give away a few iPods.

I imagine FVG gets slightly less per affiliate link, but they probably make more money because you need to complete more offers. But they have no referal system to ensure a steady flow of users.

It looks like they change the ending date for the contest to whatever day it is. Yesterday it said it ended on the 26th, today it said it ended on the 27th.

Anyways, If you get it, I'll definitly try it.

[quote name='i need scissors61']It looks like they change the ending date for the contest to whatever day it is. Yesterday it said it ended on the 26th, today it said it ended on the 27th.[/quote]
This was explained earlier in the thread, I too was confused at first. I'm gonna give this a try next week when I have some time. How long do you think it will take to ship the ipod after you get 6 points?

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']I'm gonna give this a try next week when I have some time. How long do you think it will take to ship the ipod after you get 6 points?[/quote]

I don't know. I got my confirmation yesterday morning but still no shipping details. If they are ordering from Apple, I imagine it would take some time as Apple is backordered...
Hopefully, FS has a stockpile of iPods, but I'll update as I find out more.

bread's done
Back