NGP is announced, should I sell my PSP Go (Excellent condition)?

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
hey guys,

so i bought a psp go (used) for $100 last month. i was told by the clerk that the psp go i purchased was returned the day before, and the same day as it was purchased by the original buyer.

Its literally in great condition.

so i have 6 games and i have only played one (i cant see myself playing the PSP or carrying it around considering school is about to start (tomorrow actually) and i will have work and internship and a bunch of other boring stuff thatll take up my free time.

however, i cant say that i will use the NGP a lot when its released, but i know that i WANT the damn thing.

so im curious on what you guys think, should i sell my psp go? it would go for more than $100 since i have some accessories for it as well, and its literally like new so its definitely worth a lot more.

basically in other words, im asking if i should sell this now or sell it at a later time? all money earned will go towards NGP.

thanks guys.

How about, you know, waiting on actual launch game info and price on the PSP2 (fuck you Sony, it's a goddamn PSP2) before jumping on?

That and personally I don't see the point of ANY handheld with PS3 level powers.

[quote name='bardockkun']How about, you know, waiting on actual launch game info and price on the PSP2 (fuck you Sony, it's a goddamn PSP2) before jumping on?

That and personally I don't see the point of ANY handheld with PS3 level powers.[/QUOTE]

i feel like.. youre sort of angry at me... just sort of.. :/

Not at you, just more so Uncharted is a fucking experience when at home with an awesome sound system on a big ass TV. It's awesome! On the PSP2...I Kinda fail to see why I would want to play it on a handheld. I'm using Uncharted because goddamn I love that series and really only thing that stood out.

Though in answer to your question, sure, if you're not using it sell it now while the getting's good.

Trading in hardware to used game stores (especially GameStop) is a sucker's game. Find a friend who will give you a decent price for it, if you really feel that you aren't going to use it again.

Alright, thanks for the input guys! I have an xbox 360 and a huge backlog too, so i dont mind not having a psp. the NGP on the other hand.. i do mind not having it... such a sexy little thing

I love my Go. The fact that I can use component to HDTV and use Dualshock 3 and play my games is awesome. I'm not getting rid of mine until NGP is released. It's unfortunate that the Go didn't take off.

You'll be able to play your PSPGo content on the NGP (which is just a codename for now, isn't it? it's ain't a Nintendo Dolphin, after all).

You won't be able to play UMDs on the PSP2. So the Go will become more irrelevant over time for playing old content. I'd say sell it for a quick and tidy profit - if you have some PSP games you really can't give up, get the UMD.

[quote name='king9x']I'll give you $120 shipped for it. :)[/QUOTE]
haha thanks for the offer, but i just literally sold it for $190!! on amazon

my god im surprised myself! lol

and i only have 6 games on the PSN (all are PSOne classics and PSP games) and the PSP go is (soon to be "was") my first PSP, so i have no UMDs.

I'll keep $40 for myself or perhaps the entire $90, and im hoping the NGP is going for $250 like the DS. that would be awesome.

EDIT: bastard canceled -_______________-

[quote name='mykevermin']You'll be able to play your PSPGo content on the NGP (which is just a codename for now, isn't it? it's ain't a Nintendo Dolphin, after all).

You won't be able to play UMDs on the PSP2. So the Go will become more irrelevant over time for playing old content. I'd say sell it for a quick and tidy profit - if you have some PSP games you really can't give up, get the UMD.[/QUOTE]

Kinda funny I mentioned to my friend about XBox Live Games on Demand being the only "backwards compatible" games with the next XBox, and here Sony steals the idea for the PSP2. Then again It's hard to blame with all the PSP1 piracy, just gives those that paid more for titles a advantage with the NGP.

[quote name='bardockkun']Not at you, just more so Uncharted is a fucking experience when at home with an awesome sound system on a big ass TV. It's awesome! On the PSP2...I Kinda fail to see why I would want to play it on a handheld. I'm using Uncharted because goddamn I love that series and really only thing that stood out.

Though in answer to your question, sure, if you're not using it sell it now while the getting's good.[/QUOTE]
Why hate on something thats will bring damn near the home console experience anywhere you want it to? I think it's pretty rad. In any case, I can't wait till games have some sort of parity between their home console version and their PSP NGP version. I think it would be pretty cool to play a game on your PS3 and pick up where you left off on your PSP version of the same game. Thats at least what Hideo Kojima and sony seemed to be hinting at.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FactionG']I love my Go. The fact that I can use component to HDTV and use Dualshock 3 and play my games is awesome. I'm not getting rid of mine until NGP is released. It's unfortunate that the Go didn't take off.[/QUOTE]
This. This. This. Having just grabbed one in December, I must say that the little guy has grown exponentially on me. I was actually disappointed that the NGP doesn't have the slide design like the go. Probably best to hold onto your go until more is known about the NGP.

Actually, I see no problem with having a PSPgo at this point because UMDs are now a definite dead end and the only games that will carry forward to future devices such as the PSP2 will be those in your PSN account. A PSPgo lets you play some great portable games while forcing you to buy them in a digital form that will carry over to the PSP2.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony pulls a PS2 scenario on us and continues to sell the PSP-3000 with UMD suppport (like they continued to sell the PS2 and release new PS2 games for a long time after the release of the PS3). But UMDs are a dead end and the only thing good about them at this point is that you'll be able to pick up used UMD games for less and less in the coming months.

In any case, I'd say keep the PSPgo and start buying games you want when you see them go on sale on PSN. There have been plenty of great PSP games on sale for 50% off or more in the last few months, but you need to pay attention and grab them when the pop up because the sales usually don't last very long.

I'm holding on to my Go with the hope that we will start see better deals on PSP games available on the PSN. Also not enough details out there for me to drop it for the NGP yet. With possible price being speculated at $350 or so, there's a solid chance I may not get one til after the first price drop.

Just sold it for 185. Ngp better be 250 or 300. I'm sure you'll be able to connect the ngp to your tv like the psp go or all psps, and the picture will still come out sexy

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gamehead']Where did you get a Go for $100?[/QUOTE]

You can get them for that price used at Gamestop (assuming you can find one in stock). At least that was the price mentioned in another thread and the price I was quoted a couple of weeks ago at a Gamestop (but they wouldn't sell it yet because it was still in the "trade-in holding period").

I still have the Target $50 dollars off a PSP Go coupon that I'm holding on in the hopes they have it at $150 before coupon.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Just sold it for 185. Ngp better be 250 or 300. I'm sure you'll be able to connect the ngp to your tv like the psp go or all psps, and the picture will still come out sexy[/QUOTE]

Where'd you sell it for that much? I have a white one that's like new and a sealed black one that I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep since the content will transfer to the NGP later this year. At 185 I think I'd have to bite.

bread's done
Back