Killzone 2 Black Label

metallicmunk

CAG Veteran
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a copy of the very first pressing of this game. Not exactly sure what the first pressing looks like though. I'd prefer a sealed copy but used would be ok too. Please help me out if you can. Thanks!

[quote name='metallicmunk']Hi guys,

I'm looking for a copy of the very first pressing of this game. Not exactly sure what the first pressing looks like though. I'd prefer a sealed copy but used would be ok too. Please help me out if you can. Thanks![/QUOTE]
kmart sells killzone 2 for $20 now, which is where i got my black label non-greatest hits copy late last year. it says "5 out of 5 stars -playstion magazine" on the cover so i'm not sure that it is the first pressing. however, sony allows game reviews way before release date so it is possible the the 1st printing of some games may come w/ review blurbs already.

anyhow, check any and all kmart and sears locations in your area since older pressings of games can usually be found at places that gamers are least likely to frequent. thus, the outlet is less likely to sell out of initial stock.

Why don't people who hate red cases just buy some ps3 cases to replace them.

Amazon sells them pretty cheap, last time I was in bestbuy they did too

This is the first release has the 5 out of 5 stars on front.

Left is sealed right is opened

No u cannot have either just showing you what they look like.

DSC01916.jpg

[quote name='PublikDefender']kmart sells killzone 2 for $20 now, which is where i got my black label non-greatest hits copy late last year. it says "5 out of 5 stars -playstion magazine" on the cover so i'm not sure that it is the first pressing. however, sony allows game reviews way before release date so it is possible the the 1st printing of some games may come w/ review blurbs already.

anyhow, check any and all kmart and sears locations in your area since older pressings of games can usually be found at places that gamers are least likely to frequent. thus, the outlet is less likely to sell out of initial stock.[/QUOTE]

Boooooooooo!

[quote name='metallicmunk']used would be ok too[/QUOTE]

If only there was some major GAME retailer that sold used games, so that you could just STOP by and browse through the cases on the shelf to find a copy like you wanted.

Oh, why am I wasting my time. It's not like you'll notice the bright red capitalized and bolded text.

Yup, just stop by and pay high prices for used games with beat up sticker ridden cases, and scratched up discs. Ah, what a gaming utopia. fuck gamestop.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']If only there was some major GAME retailer that sold used games, so that you could just STOP by and browse through the cases on the shelf to find a copy like you wanted.

Oh, why am I wasting my time. It's not like you'll notice the bright red capitalized and bolded text.[/QUOTE]

Really? Gamestop? Really?

Right, I forgot about the GameStop haters here. I should have known there were people who find it difficult to walk into a store and look through the cases on the shelf for a good looking copy and peel off a few stickers when they get home. I've done it plenty of times, but apparently I have to cater to the knuckle-dragging "dur stickers too hard for me to peel off" crowd with all my comments.

[quote name='Zaku77']Yup, just stop by and pay high prices for used games with beat up sticker ridden cases, and scratched up discs. Ah, what a gaming utopia. fuck gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Are you to lazy to ask to look at the disc?
To lazy to peel off a sticker?

Why do that when I can get an actually mint copy for LESS? The stickers usually don't come off well anyway (even with goo be gone the case looks messed up there). I love it when games are less new on amazon than used from Gamestop.

[quote name='Zaku77']Why do that when I can get an actually mint copy for LESS? The stickers usually don't come off well anyway (even with goo be gone the case looks messed up there). I love it when games are less new on amazon than used from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Then suggest Amazon rather than bitch about GS. I'm not about to search the internet for suggestions for the guy. I just suggested the most likely place to find a copy and guarantee you're getting a black label. I never said it was the best option.

[quote name='Zaku77']Why do that when I can get an actually mint copy for LESS? The stickers usually don't come off well anyway (even with goo be gone the case looks messed up there). I love it when games are less new on amazon than used from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Seems like your just a sheep jumping on the hate game stop train.

[quote name='newlu']why is this post still alive?[/QUOTE]

Because we keep posting in it (and it hasn't been deleted/locked yet).
....AND now it's back on top

[quote name='nddave']This is the first release has the 5 out of 5 stars on front.

Left is sealed right is opened

No u cannot have either just showing you what they look like.

DSC01916.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Why is this so special that the OP is asking for and this guy has a sealed copy? Something I missed? Super rare print or something?

[quote name='alpha_x13']Seems like your just a sheep jumping on the hate game stop train.[/QUOTE]

Making a point that is both valid and true makes me a sheep? All you've done is throw petty insults. Wouldn't that just make you a retard?

Why hasn't this damn thread been locked/moved/killed/whatever.

[quote name='DS9']Why is this so special that the OP is asking for and this guy has a sealed copy? Something I missed? Super rare print or something?[/QUOTE]
millions bought it anyway/sarcasm

I bet you want that big thick black label don't you!

FYI: It's just a PHallacy the differences between black and red.

Moved thread to REQUEST A DEAL, where it belongs. You are ALL in trouble for posting crap but NOT ONE of you reported this.

OP is being silenced for a week, hopefully he'll take that time to learn the rules. Or at the very least, read forum descriptions.

I see my post was deleted (which is fine).

Honestly, unless I'm creating a thread, I don't pay much attention to which area a thread is in. Most of the time I'm on CAG I simply check the front page threads, open them all in tabs, and close them one-by-one as I read them.

[quote name='DS9']Why is this so special that the OP is asking for and this guy has a sealed copy? Something I missed? Super rare print or something?[/QUOTE]
Some people like to collector black label/first print for the games that they love, and they will pay through their nose to get them.

Look at brand new, factory sealed Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition on ebay and a lot were sold for $250-$300 a pop. Why some people would pay $300 for a game that they could easily buy the red label one (brand new) for like $20-$30? Obviously they ain't buying them just to play it. Of course, Killzone 3 1st print is not even in the same league as the DS DE. It's just supply and demand. There are lots of black label games out there that no one give a shit about.

Btw, nddave's picture shows the first print. There is also a black label version with different review wording that came out between the 1st print and the red label.

[quote name='Rig']I see my post was deleted (which is fine).[/QUOTE]Actually, nothing had been deleted, Rig. I double checked in case I missed anything. But the way we see threads, we see all active posts, and we also see deleted posts, but those are shown in a different sort of format so they stand out.

[quote name='guinaevere']Actually, nothing had been deleted, Rig. I double checked in case I missed anything. But the way we see threads, we see all active posts, and we also see deleted posts, but those are shown in a different sort of format so they stand out.[/QUOTE]

Looking back at my posts, I see what happened.

The OP posted the exact same thread here (also not the right areaa), and, that's the one I commented in. As that one dropped off, I saw this one come up onto the front page. Assuming it was the same thread (and seeing your message), I just assumed my post was gone. :lol:

bread's done
Back