EB Games: most Xbox/Gamecube games reduced to 4.99/1.99/0.99!

saskwatch76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all I was in a few EBs in Vancouver yesterday and saw they reduced a whole bunch of last gen games for xbox and gamecube only...not all titles, but some good ones! CSR said they were trying to clear out last gen titles...saw gamecube rogue leader for 99 cents, bunch of others...mario, zelda games, etc were still 19.99...but luigi's mansion was 4.99...pikmin was 1.99 for gamecube...could be some great titles if people look...soul calibur 2 gamecube is now 4.99 (this one is great on gamecube with link)...people have a look tell me what treasures you find...jade empire xbox would be great for 99 cents!:applause:

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Jade Empire has been 99 cents for the past 5 years. Im guessing these are used?
Any games that are listed online?[/QUOTE]

Jade Empire LE was 9.99 used a year ago when I bought it, and it has been 4.99 used recently. Oh and good luck finding anything other than Mech Assault 2 brand new! :lol:

I wonder if Fire Emblem for GC is cheap, I've never seen that game for less than 44.99 used at gamestop...

Can confirm this is on at the GameStop in Shoppers World Brampton, but didn't find anything I wanted. Well they did have Metal Slug 3 and Ninja Gaiden on Xbox...but I'm a stickler for manuals. Even at $2! Yes, these are the used games.

I was very close to buying DOA XBV. At $5, I think I could buy it and pass it off as, uh, a curiosity.

[quote name='thegamecubist']Will check it out. Would love to find the Baten Kaitos games![/QUOTE]

I'm looking for a cheap copy of origins but I don't see it around very often

Huh. I'll have to check this out. I only have three gamecube games so this would be the time to grab some....although I'm only interested in a few, and I bet they're still $20 (Pokemon, Zelda, etc).

hm.. i guess i do need WindWaker and this might be the easiest way to acquire it and complete my console Zelda library. (-TP:wii:) and it would be nice to have Fire Emblem even if I kinda suck at strat games.

Picked up Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell:Double Agent, Max Payne 1 & 2, Killer 7 and Rogue Squadron 2. 99 cents each. Thx for the heads OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all...I guess I should have mentioned these were used, oh well...anyway I picked up a few gems here in Vancouver, found some great gamecube games but all the xbox stuff left is horrible...

Super Smash Brothers Mellee: 4.99
Star Wars Rogue Squadron: 99 cents !
Soul Calibur 2: 4.99
Pikmin 2: 1.99
Metroid Prime: 2.99

Pretty happy with my haul, had been looking at these on the shelf at eb for years but they had always been at the 19.99-14.99 price point, hope people can grab some great stuff, just whip out a wavebird and have fun on your wii

Wow, sweet deals. There are a bunch of GameCube games I've had my eyes on for quite some time (Super Smash Brothers Melee, Metroid Prime 2, Wario World inc., etc.)

Will go to EB Games tonight and report later.

[quote name='saskwatch76']Hello all...I guess I should have mentioned these were used, oh well...anyway I picked up a few gems here in Vancouver, found some great gamecube games but all the xbox stuff left is horrible...

Pretty happy with my haul, had been looking at these on the shelf at eb for years but they had always been at the 19.99-14.99 price point, hope people can grab some great stuff, just whip out a wavebird and have fun on your wii[/QUOTE]
Great deal, especially on Pikmin 2.

Man, i was sad. I went to kanata & heard already 60 games were cleared out before i got there. 20 yesterday & 40 this morning :(. It makes me wonder what i missed out, but there were still okay games when i went like Pokemon Colloseum for $8 & Super Smash Bros Melee for $5 & Wind Waker for $5. It wasn't the worst case scenario, but I would've loved to have seen what else was available lol

Calgary - Country Village location - don't waste your time. Barely any Cube games (they haven't had that many for a long time now) A bunch of Geist, one Metroid Prime 2. Odama. A couple copies of Viewtiful Joe 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='saskwatch76']Hello all...I guess I should have mentioned these were used, oh well...anyway I picked up a few gems here in Vancouver, found some great gamecube games but all the xbox stuff left is horrible...

Pretty happy with my haul, had been looking at these on the shelf at eb for years but they had always been at the 19.99-14.99 price point, hope people can grab some great stuff, just whip out a wavebird and have fun on your wii[/QUOTE]

That's a ridiculous deal on Pikmin 2.

Which locations did you go to? I'm wondering if they had some excess stock in the back or something.

I got Zelda colelctor's edition and f-zero gx for .99 ea! Had to ask the staff as they were in the back room. Nothing else on the shelf. I passed on double dash(7.99).

Saw Baten Kaitos for $0.99 at mine. I remember buying the game full price on Day 1. Boggles my mind that no one picked it up yet.

[quote name='fokkerfan']I got Zelda colelctor's edition and f-zero gx for .99 ea! Had to ask the staff as they were in the back room. Nothing else on the shelf. I passed on double dash(7.99).[/QUOTE]

Zelda Collector's Edition? For $0.99?!

8O

(Also, Double Dash is the best of all the Mario Karts. You missed out!) :)

[quote name='Derfel']Zelda Collector's Edition? For $0.99?!

8O

[/QUOTE]

Wow indeed, I got it about 2 years ago for $30 and thought that was a good deal.

[quote name='TronB']All the places I went to were raided. If anyone sees any of the Pokemon games in the GTA, let me know. [/QUOTE]

There were a few copies of a Pokemom game in Oakville (trafalgar & dundas), DX or something like that, had a silver spine. Sorry if the title isn't right don't know too much about Pokemon.

Quite a bit of selection there still. Got myself Metroid Prime2, DK Jungle Beat, and XIII. Was hoping for SM Sunshine or Luigis Mansion, oh well.

[quote name='TronB']All the places I went to were raided. If anyone sees any of the Pokemon games in the GTA, let me know. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm really surprised at that. I went to the EB Games at Dufferin Mall and there wasn't a single Gamecube or X-Box game to be found. I wouldn't have expected them to go so quickly. Maybe people around here don't just jump on sales to flip them for trade fodder.

[quote name='JGonspy']Yeah, I'm really surprised at that. I went to the EB Games at Dufferin Mall and there wasn't a single Gamecube or X-Box game to be found. I wouldn't have expected them to go so quickly. Maybe people around here don't just jump on sales to flip them for trade fodder.[/QUOTE]

Nah, people jump on stuff to fill their craigslist repetoire too. XD

[quote name='PapaLau']There were a few copies of a Pokemom game in Oakville (trafalgar & dundas), DX or something like that, had a silver spine. Sorry if the title isn't right don't know too much about Pokemon.

Quite a bit of selection there still. Got myself Metroid Prime2, DK Jungle Beat, and XIII. Was hoping for SM Sunshine or Luigis Mansion, oh well.[/QUOTE]
I think that must be Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness!! It looks like my plans of going to further out places won't be able to happen today, but thanks for the info. T_T Hopefully someone who actually wants to play the game ends up grabbing it.

[quote name='JGonspy']Yeah, I'm really surprised at that. I went to the EB Games at Dufferin Mall and there wasn't a single Gamecube or X-Box game to be found. I wouldn't have expected them to go so quickly. Maybe people around here don't just jump on sales to flip them for trade fodder.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even bother going to Dufferin, but I didn't think it would have been that bad.

At one of the stores went to, the employee told me a guy bought a stack of games and said he was going to trade all of them in elsewhere. I did manage to pick up a game I never heard of before on recommendation of the employee; Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Seems like it got good reviews so I'm glad I was able to add anything to my small GameCube collection.

[quote name='TronB']
I didn't even bother going to Dufferin, but I didn't think it would have been that bad.

At one of the stores went to, the employee told me a guy bought a stack of games and said he was going to trade all of them in elsewhere. I did manage to pick up a game I never heard of before on recommendation of the employee; Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Seems like it got good reviews so I'm glad I was able to add anything to my small GameCube collection.
[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on taking another look to more remote areas of the city. Considering how many EB Games and Gamestops there are in this city, I can't imagine every single one has been picked clean.

And Eternal Darkness was a pretty good game, so the employee knew what he was talking about. Try to go out of your way to check out the insanity effects by running away from enemies, they tend to be pretty cool.

whoa whoa whoa.. you never HEARD of Eternal Darkness? Even during that whole Too Human fiasco? That is crazy. That is one of the most innovative horror games I know of. If only the cut scenes would play without skipping it would have been a perfect experience. I only regret not letting myself go more insane. Still you need three playthrus to get the 'full' ending so one day I intend to do that.

No WindWakers at my location. (Steeles, Dufferin) but I went late with low expectations. Guy said they moved 200+ units. Lotta cube games left but nothing I needed.

Wow, I didn't think the hoarders would be in on this... but from all reports it sounds like places are being cleared out. Too bad. My GC collection is pretty solid, but there are a few titles I would've loved to grab for cheap. Oh well.

[quote name='Derfel']Zelda Collector's Edition? For $0.99?!

8O

(Also, Double Dash is the best of all the Mario Karts. You missed out!) :)[/QUOTE]

I know. That's a radonkulous price.

Probably. I don't like how you can't play battle with the CPU, unlike the Mario Kart 64.

My local EB Games (Sherbrooke, Carrefour) didn't have anything interesting left. I might check the other 2 stores in the area this week but I would imagine nothing is left there either. I managed to pick up Hyperdimension Neptunia (with the sweet big-ass box and artbook), Metal Slug XX (don't see it that often) and Metroid Other M (was $10 yesterday).

[quote name='Wolfkin']whoa whoa whoa.. you never HEARD of Eternal Darkness? Even during that whole Too Human fiasco? That is crazy. That is one of the most innovative horror games I know of. If only the cut scenes would play without skipping it would have been a perfect experience. I only regret not letting myself go more insane. Still you need three playthrus to get the 'full' ending so one day I intend to do that.

No WindWakers at my location. (Steeles, Dufferin) but I went late with low expectations. Guy said they moved 200+ units. Lotta cube games left but nothing I needed.[/QUOTE]

My main focus is JRPGs. Horror is way out there for me, I rarely play or research information about games of that genre. lol I actually passed on the game, then looked online while I was at school doing an assignment (couldn't resist looking up reviews and such), facepalmed for not believing the associate, then went back to get it haha.

[quote name='VetraX']Probably. I don't like how you can't play battle with the CPU, unlike the Mario Kart 64.[/QUOTE]

What? You can't battle against the CPU in MK64, can you?

[quote name='TronB']My main focus is JRPGs. Horror is way out there for me, I rarely play or research information about games of that genre. lol I actually passed on the game, then looked online while I was at school doing an assignment (couldn't resist looking up reviews and such), facepalmed for not believing the associate, then went back to get it haha.[/QUOTE]

Eternal Darkness is indeed awesome, one of the gems of the GC library (especially at the time of its release). I even did all three playthroughs to get the "true" ending.

I went to two locations in Ottawa East (Innes Rd. and Place d'Orleans) and they were both basically cleaned out. I saw one copy of Metroid Prime, one copy of Vexx (imo a buried treasure) and Mario Tennis and Mario Soccer all at the Innes Rd. location. Hope this helps someone out.

[quote name='bumblebee064']I went to two locations in Ottawa East (Innes Rd. and Place d'Orleans) and they were both basically cleaned out. I saw one copy of Metroid Prime, one copy of Vexx (imo a buried treasure) and Mario Tennis and Mario Soccer all at the Innes Rd. location. Hope this helps someone out.[/QUOTE]

Saves me a trip to the east end, so thanks.

Didn't really find anything good Xbox or GC wise, but I found a disc only copy of ZOE2, and considering how difficult it is to find that in any condition, I'm happy.

[quote name='Mr.']Whatever happened to New Play Control?[/QUOTE]
Same fate as other Nintendo franchises that doesn't have a history to back them up: bombed cuz no one cared.

It has Mario, Donkey Kong and Metroid. I was looking forward to Pikmin 2 so I'm rather surprised that Nintendo didn't give this re-release a bigger push. It should've been incredibly easy for Nintendo, Wii already runs GameCube games. It certainly would help during those long stretches between notable Wii releases.

[quote name='poiuiu']Didn't really find anything good Xbox or GC wise, but I found a disc only copy of ZOE2, and considering how difficult it is to find that in any condition, I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

Amazing game. ZOE1 is a lot worse though. I played 2 then 1...big mistake lol

Come on now, ZOE1 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, I enjoyed it. 2 is great but the camera still sucks.

bread's done
Back