Best Buy PSP Sale - $23.99 3rd Birthday, $31.99 Tactics Ogre & More!

MGS: Peace walker, KH: Birth by Sleep at that price is great. Tactic Ogre and 3rd Birthday is kinda meh.

I was looking further into it and 3rd Birthday MSRP is $29.99 and Tactic Ogre MSRP is $39.99. Both PSP game, one made new from scratch and the other a remake. What is up with that? Does 3rd Birthday suck or is SE trying to milk the Tactic Ogre name?

[quote name='CommunistHobo']Was going to post this, but shipping and tax kind of ruins it. Good deal if you buy in store though.[/QUOTE]

If you're Premier Silver, you get free shipping, though.

[quote name='bwrobins']I would really love to see Amazon match the MGS Peace Walker price.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see Amazon match all the prices. If so I might be adding quite a few titles to my PSP collection.

I did not expect 3rd birthday to be 30$ msrp. I really want Tactics Ogre but will only buy it in a buy2get1 or buy 2 get gc

Woah, so these are online only? I'm gonna be hitting this up lataz.

UPDATE: Nvm, with tax and shipping it's the same as amazon's 29.99 price tag. Well, 80 cents cheaper, but not enough to make me go with BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if Tactics Ogre still comes with the cards. These are some of the best psp games on sale. Nice timing since the psp had a price drop.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I wonder if Tactics Ogre still comes with the cards. These are some of the best psp games on sale. Nice timing since the psp had a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Thats a preorder bonus. I bought my PSP just for that game though and am not disappointed.

I totally forgot 3rd Birthday was coming out in March. x.x Going to have to pick that up along with Dissidia 2012. x.x

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - PSP
Publisher: Square Enix | SKU: 1802052
Release Date: 2/15/2011
ESRB Rating: T=Teen Customer Reviews: Be the first to write a review.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipping: Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 business day
Estimate Arrival Time

Store Pickup: Not Available

shipping and tax = Subtotal:$37.43 not worth it still

game be 19.99 soon enough

I can use $10 gift card on 3rd Birthday and if Amazon price matches Tactics Ogre I should have enough Credit to cover it.

Luckily The 3rd Birthday will be available for in-store pickup so after RZ certs it comes up to $4.38 for me. Thanks OP!

Does Best Buy charge your credit card if you select in store pickup or do you pay at the store? I never ordered off best buy.com but I am in for 3rd birthday.

[quote name='xRemnant']MGS: Peace walker, KH: Birth by Sleep at that price is great. Tactic Ogre and 3rd Birthday is kinda meh.

I was looking further into it and 3rd Birthday MSRP is $29.99 and Tactic Ogre MSRP is $39.99. Both PSP game, one made new from scratch and the other a remake. What is up with that? Does 3rd Birthday suck or is SE trying to milk the Tactic Ogre name?[/QUOTE]

Dissida 2 is going to be $30 too so S-E just seems to be charging a premium on Tactics Ogre.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Does Best Buy charge your credit card if you select in store pickup or do you pay at the store? I never ordered off best buy.com but I am in for 3rd birthday.[/QUOTE]
I looked it up this morning before I confirmed the order

However, we may pre-authorize your order amount with your credit or debit card issuer at the time you place the order, which may have an effect on your available credit line. When paying for a preorder with a debit card you will be charged at the time you place your preorder. Please contact your credit card issuer for more information.

However, as noted in our Conditions of Use, when a customer places an order, we pre-authorize the order amount to verify that funds are available. Your credit card institution holds this amount as a pending authorization until the order is fulfilled or the authorization timeframe has expired – the latter is applicable for cancelled orders, and the timeframe differs by bank. This authorization may count against your current balance, but you will want to call your bank to confirm.

I'll just wait until I get paid on Thursday.

[quote name='Zin_LG']I looked it up this morning before I confirmed the order

However, we may pre-authorize your order amount with your credit or debit card issuer at the time you place the order, which may have an effect on your available credit line. When paying for a preorder with a debit card you will be charged at the time you place your preorder. Please contact your credit card issuer for more information.

However, as noted in our Conditions of Use, when a customer places an order, we pre-authorize the order amount to verify that funds are available. Your credit card institution holds this amount as a pending authorization until the order is fulfilled or the authorization timeframe has expired – the latter is applicable for cancelled orders, and the timeframe differs by bank. This authorization may count against your current balance, but you will want to call your bank to confirm.

I'll just wait until I get paid on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I use my debit card for online purchases (thus why I asked) and I have extra money in it for the occasional video game spending. I will probably have to pick this one up.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Does Best Buy charge your credit card if you select in store pickup or do you pay at the store? I never ordered off best buy.com but I am in for 3rd birthday.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered Pokemon White off BestBuy.com with PayPal and with in-store pick-up and my card was already charged.

Does anybody know how long this sale will last? I'm considering picking up a title or two, but I'd like to apply the credit from Amazon's GC offer on Pokemon B/W.

Edit - *shakesfist* This ends March 5th.

[quote name='n64ra']No sir. SOLD![/QUOTE]

Seriously, ordered from Amazon. I just can't resist that price and all the great things I've heard about the game.

[quote name='Zin_LG']Doesn't look like they are going to match Tactics Ogre either.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what I was waiting for. I wanted to pick that up and Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

[quote name='rydude87']How long will the sale for MGS last for?

Anyone think that MGS will go down to $10 sometime?[/QUOTE]

It's only a 4 dollar savings, so you can do better during the numerous B1G1 50% off or B2G1 deals if you wait around for them and have 2 or 3 games lined up.

[quote name='scottman']It's only a 4 dollar savings, so you can do better during the numerous B1G1 50% off or B2G1 deals if you wait around for them and have 2 or 3 games lined up.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ic. So yah it could come up to cheaper.

Anyone know how logn this sale will last for?
But do you think this game will be cheaper later on, like WITHOUT having to buy other games like a B1 g1 50%.

Well Best Buy's sale is suppose to last until March 5th so Amazon's sale will mostly likely end the same day.

[quote name='Scorch']Submitted the lower price for 3rd Birthday to Amazon.. hopefully they match it[/QUOTE]
I did too, as everyone should.

I did one for Tactics Ogre, but with them matching everything else they obviously know so I'm not hoping for much.

[quote name='xRemnant']MGS: Peace walker, KH: Birth by Sleep at that price is great. Tactic Ogre and 3rd Birthday is kinda meh.

I was looking further into it and 3rd Birthday MSRP is $29.99 and Tactic Ogre MSRP is $39.99. Both PSP game, one made new from scratch and the other a remake. What is up with that? Does 3rd Birthday suck or is SE trying to milk the Tactic Ogre name?[/QUOTE]

3rd Birthday sucks because it's not true to the prequels and Square Enix can only make money by buying out developers and remaking old games that have a quality that Square Enix cannot reproduce.

Watch TRU for new release PSP games I got socom fireteam bravo 3 for $12.99 after the clearance price and one of there b1G1 % off. The key is finding the right TRU. Montgomeryville PA, Horsham PA & lawrenceville NJ can have good selections.

I have a $10 RZC so I'm trying to decide which option to do here... Just looking for some opinions of those who have played some of these games please (closed my other slightly similar topic).

- For $10 I can get Pixel Junk Monsters and then two others which I'm having trouble picking from...as of yesterday they had Twisted Metal, Burnout Legends, NFS Most Wanted, Final Fantasy, SOCOM 1, LocoRoco 2, Patapon 2,and Medal of Honor Heroes 1.

- Or I can spend a little more and get two newer games that are on sale for $15.99. Ones they had that I'm interested in are Little Big Planet, GTA Chinatown Wars, MGS Peacewalker, GTA VC Stories, and AC: Bloodlines.

- Final option would be to just get one game that's one sale. For 23.99 they have Kingdom Hearts: BBS, or tomorrow 3rd Birthday as well for that pric

bread's done
Back