Best Buy PSP Sale - $23.99 3rd Birthday, $31.99 Tactics Ogre & More!

[quote name='omyard']I'd be all over 3rd Birthday, but I'm getting the PSN version so it'll play on the NPG.[/QUOTE]
I read an interview recently that said 3rd Birthday was only being released (stateside anyway) on UMD. Has SE changed their mind on this?

Also, assuming free in-store pickup I am definitely in for this. Had planned on getting 3rd birthday from Amazon anyway, so might as well save $6. Thanks OP!

When SE releases a PSN release for PSP games in JP they usually are also released in the US on PSN.

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is down to $23.99 now.

Also, I was at a store today and the 20% off prices were marked in store as well.

[quote name='Zin_LG']When SE releases a PSN release for PSP games in JP they usually are also released in the US on PSN.[/QUOTE]

I really hope so. I have no problem picking up a digital copy, but I really wouldn't mind having Parasite Eve I and II on the same memory stick as 3rd Birthday when they all go on PSN soon.

Then again, I'm always wary with square ever since the kingdom hearts psp thing.

[quote name='rydude87']How long will the sale for MGS last for?

Anyone think that MGS will go down to $10 sometime?[/QUOTE]

It just became a $20 GH so most times the deals on those are b2g1f.

Tactics Ogre is in my Gold Box today. It would be awesome if they price matched and I got it for even less. One can dream...

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I read an interview recently that said 3rd Birthday was only being released (stateside anyway) on UMD. Has SE changed their mind on this?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're misremembering and thinking of the Joystiq story with the press release? Because the press release for Tactics Ogre didn't state that there would be a PSN version either, but it ended up there on the same day as the UMD, so I think they made a faulty assumption when trying to look between the lines. All they really should've said was "no PSN version was specified in the press release".

[quote name='Eusis']Maybe you're misremembering and thinking of the Joystiq story with the press release? Because the press release for Tactics Ogre didn't state that there would be a PSN version either, but it ended up there on the same day as the UMD, so I think they made a faulty assumption when trying to look between the lines. All they really should've said was "no PSN version was specified in the press release".[/QUOTE]

It's possible, I just would have sworn I read elsewhere (for some reason I'm thinking Siliconera) that someone in SE flat out said no PSN release. I'm trying to hunt it down now and will post the link if I can find it again. (I could seriously just be misremembering or zoning on this though. -.- )

edit - Well, I can't find it at the moment. I guess disregard what I said until I find something supporting what I said earlier.

editedit -
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/01/the-3rd-birthday-will-be-observed-march-29-in-north-america/
"This is a UMD-only release with no plans for a downloadable PSN version at present." So that's not to say there will never ever be a PSN release, just that there hasn't been any confirmation of one even happening. So yep, that's the one I was thinking of.

And actually reading over the press release, yeah. I didn't see anything speaking against a PSN release. Kinda irritated now at Joystiq for filling in blanks that weren't there in the first place. >=|

bread's done
Back