Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's edition $22.49 w/edge at Gamestop

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went in to Gamestop this morning to pick up GOW3 ultimate for $24.99 and the girl behind the counter told me that they also dropped the collector editions for Batman. She claimed that they sold out of the PS3 version but she still had a few of the Xbox 360 versions. The price rings up as $24.99 but if you have a edge card, the price is $22.49. This was in Pearland, Texas btw but I imagine the price drop should be universal.

Edge or Powerup doesn't work on new items, only used. Not sure how you would have gotten that to work here.

[quote name='nintendofan9999']That's because they are now officially considered used. That's what I gathered from the previous thread.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. They now list it as being used in the system even though it is still brand new.

Since they're now classified as used, the extras aren't usually retained and are tossed in the trash.

You may want to double-check with the store to see if they actually have the game + extras on-hand before trekking out to a store to pick it up.

[quote name='confoosious']if you don't want the batarang, is there anything in this CE worthwhile?[/QUOTE]
From what I read so far, nope... even the leather bound journal is lame...

The journal is at least interesting to flip through, even if it's not the best thing in the world. I believe it comes with some exclusive DLC, too, doesn't it?

[quote name='garfep']The journal is at least interesting to flip through, even if it's not the best thing in the world. I believe it comes with some exclusive DLC, too, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]I believe that both versions did, though the PS3 additionally had the Joker-specific missions that I think are still PS3-only.

Yeah not a very great CE. It definitely sounds cool tho.

[quote name='garfep']The journal is at least interesting to flip through, even if it's not the best thing in the world. I believe it comes with some exclusive DLC, too, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

The Crime Alley map should come with it. It was a CE exclusive map. You can purchase it now for 240 pts on XBL. It too isnt very good and is very similar to Intensive Treatment. I would buy the Scarecrow level instead, which was a Gamestop preorder bonus.

The game is worth the 23 tho. Its cheaper than the vanilla and the GOTY is used for 360 for $25.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Does anyone have a Locate In-Store link for this (PS3 preferred)? I'm not finding it on their site any more.[/QUOTE]

i tryed looking but couldnt find the sku, sorry :bomb:

[quote name='medetron']i tryed looking but couldnt find the sku, sorry :bomb:[/QUOTE]

damn, I'm going to bump this thread and also ask "Anyone find the sku for the collector's edition?" PS3 and/or 360?

[quote name='DJP519']Edge or Powerup doesn't work on new items, only used. Not sure how you would have gotten that to work here.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered strategy guides online and my power up rewards card has took money off before.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I went in to Gamestop this morning to pick up GOW3 ultimate for $24.99 and the girl behind the counter told me that they also dropped the collector editions for Batman. She claimed that they sold out of the PS3 version but she still had a few of the Xbox 360 versions. The price rings up as $24.99 but if you have a edge card, the price is $22.49. This was in Pearland, Texas btw but I imagine the price drop should be universal.[/QUOTE]

SKU# please?

The guy at my local Gamestop (Mt. View, CA) said that the item is out of the system because it isn't in stock at any store. He wasn't able to look it up and told me that it wasn't worth calling another store... but I still will for $24.99

EDIT: Called 2nd GameStop, same story...

[quote name='thetruth1983']Excuse my ignorance but should the sku be on my receipt? I have the box and receipt in front of me now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I think you want the one directly from the box though (that will be the CE SKU, versus the one on the recipt which will be for a regular copy of AA)

[quote name='thetruth1983']The one directly from the box is 788687200806[/QUOTE]

The sku would be on the White or yellow gamestop price sticker/tag. usually 5 or 6 digits.

[quote name='thetruth1983']The one on the sticker tag is 20060 then over on the side it has 011611LVA[/QUOTE]

Thanks for trying... 6 digits on your receipt please.

and is this for 360 of ps3?

There is no more CE SKU. Once they transfer them from CE New>Regular Game Used the CE SKU disappears from the system. That's what I've been told by numerous stores.

Sheesh it says it's in stock at several stores close to me. I mean for the price of the game alone it's worth it I just don't need or want the extra crap..and I don't think it's a good flip either.

Ok, just got one reserved, here is the skinny:

-3 Stores called, all, "no, No, NO!!" and I was like, "Can you just look over your shoulder and tell me if its on the shelf b/c I know its not in your system or online..?"

-As soon as bh47 posted (thanks man!) 4-stores popped up, called one I could make it to. "Oh thank god, PLEASE come take this off my hands, I've been trying to get rid of it forever." me- "That is sweet man, how much is it?" "$49.99" :roll: "Well can you please scan it, I hear its $24.99.." Item not found in the system.

-5 minutes of searching ensues. Guy asks manager. They find it under a used product listing. $24.99. So this is why the OP's EDGE discount works. My copy is on-hold with a tattered outer plastic case, but everything nice and pristine on the inside..or so we will see.

Thanks again OP!!

i already bought all the dlc and the way people ripped the batarang i just don't think it's worth it for me. but for the 3 or 5 of you who didn't buy this game $24 isn't bad for the ce because the batman symbol shaped case does look cool....the other stuff?...MEH!!!

I found this for PS3...but no sku...I will find it:

Product Details

BindingVideo GameBrandEidosEAN0788687500968EditionCollectorESRB Age RatingTeenFormatCollector's EditionGenreaction-game-genreHardware PlatformPlaystation 3LabelEidos InteractiveManufacturerEidos InteractiveModel1000101106MPN1000101106Number Of Discs1Number Of Items1Operating SystemPlayStation 3Package Quantity1PlatformPlayStation 3Product GroupVideo GamesProduct Type NameCONSOLE_VIDEO_GAMESPublication Date2009-08PublisherEidos InteractiveRelease Date2009-08-25StudioEidos InteractiveTitleBatman: Arkham Asylum Collector's EditionUPC788687500968ASINB001TOTST0Sales Rank10495

I paid MSRP @ launch & was disappointed the batarang is large but cheap plastic attached to a base. But for the price now the game is still the $hit hopefully the new game will have a better SE.

[quote name='Enuf']I paid MSRP @ launch & was disappointed the batarang is large but cheap plastic attached to a base. But for the price now the game is still the $hit hopefully the new game will have a better SE.[/QUOTE]

Did you get it from GameStop and still have your receipt?

[quote name='shrike4242']Since they're now classified as used, the extras aren't usually retained and are tossed in the trash.

You may want to double-check with the store to see if they actually have the game + extras on-hand before trekking out to a store to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I got Pandoras box and the art book for free from GoW3 ultimate when I was hunting for guides. The guy was keeping the games (did not know they were selling it used) and throwing the stuff out.

edit: Has the Bioshock 2 LE dropped to used yet? The extras are actually good in that one, I already have 1 sealed though :)

bread's done
Back