Batman Arkham Asylum Collector's edition $22.49 w/edge at Gamestop

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I went in to Gamestop this morning to pick up GOW3 ultimate for $24.99 and the girl behind the counter told me that they also dropped the collector editions for Batman. She claimed that they sold out of the PS3 version but she still had a few of the Xbox 360 versions. The price rings up as $24.99 but if you have a edge card, the price is $22.49. This was in Pearland, Texas btw but I imagine the price drop should be universal.

[quote name='Kaiser499']So the only exclusive map is the Crime Alley one? Is it worth it to buy that just for the map and then trade in the rest?[/QUOTE]

The map really isnt that good. I wouldnt even buy it period. If you played the Intensive Treatment map then its just the same except a little narrower and no electric doors.

[quote name='Xenogears']I'm interested in buying the PS3 version of this. If any CAGs want to sell it send me a PM[/QUOTE]

Here, here. Not sure I can drive 80 miles just for this. :/

I wanna run out and buy that....Something told me to check CAG from my phone before i left work. It's rush hour now, I'm gonna try in a few.

I called all over the SF Bay Area, even the stores that the link said had it were sold out. The price drop must have happened last week because a GS employee said he had a bunch of collectors come in and snag the last of them.

If anyone finds an extra copy I really want to get it to play the game and have the goodies, PM me!

Damn, just called and the person who answered said "The collector's editions are no longer available."

I'm not really believing it but I'm not driving an 80-mile round trip to check.

I just ran out and picked up a ps3 collectors W/ PE it came to $22.49 + taxes Sweet. I couldn't justify full or 1/2 price but 22 heck yeah. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember buying the ps3 ce, yeah the batarang is cheap plastic. but i am a batman fanatic so it has some sentimental value to it. if you havent played aa it worth it for 22 bucks.

I gave up and found the GOTY 3D addition for $19.99....Wait! Whats that Kmart associate? The GOTY one was in the wrong place and is actually $29.99? Fine! Gimme the regular version.

[quote name='sgr76']I gave up and found the GOTY 3D addition for $19.99....Wait! Whats that Kmart associate? The GOTY one was in the wrong place and is actually $29.99? Fine! Gimme the regular version.[/QUOTE]

360 or PS3? I'd pay $20 for the regular version new. :L

Hmmm. I picked up the GOTY version from Best Buy just after xmas when it was $20. I'm guessing that version is superior to the CE, batarang and all.

[quote name='cadeSILVER']360 or PS3? I'd pay $20 for the regular version new. :L[/QUOTE]

360...There were quite a few at Kmart when i went but now i am thinking i should have paid the extra $10 and got the GOTY. You cover shipping and it's yours if it tickles your fancy

[quote name='sgr76']360...There were quite a few at Kmart when i went but now i am thinking i should have paid the extra $10 and got the GOTY. You cover shipping and it's yours if it tickles your fancy[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I phrased that weird; I'm a PS3 guy. Thanks anyway, and really you should only go for GOTY if you're into the 3D option for $2.50 as the DLC maps you get are $3.49 each.. at least on PS3, can't speak for the 360.

[quote name='tigstah']i remember buying the ps3 ce, yeah the batarang is cheap plastic. but i am a batman fanatic so it has some sentimental value to it. if you havent played aa it worth it for 22 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Agree 110%. Hell, Arkham Asylum is worth it at $60

Just grabbed the last PS3 copy at mccomb,ms Gamestop . I had called and the girl told me it was in stock and said I should have no problem getting it as it has been there a while. The plastic outer box that holds the black case was a bit beat up otherwise its brand new. Plan to do the same thing as I did with the god of war 3 UE I got yesterday. Thanks for the heads up OP

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a 360 one, "New". Employees definitely borrowed it because the bat black case had scratches and the batarang was scraped all over. But, for 24 bucks, still a good deal. Just irritating that it was likely "newsed".

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Got a 360 one, "New". Employees definitely borrowed it because the bat black case had scratches and the batarang was scraped all over. But, for 24 bucks, still a good deal. Just irritating that it was likely "newsed".[/QUOTE]

The batarangs are all scraped. Supposed to make it look used I think.

Yea that was one of the major complaints regarding that CE. The game was great but I'm gonna hold off for a cheap copy of the PS3 Goty edition

[quote name='blindinglights']The batarangs are all scraped. Supposed to make it look used I think.[/QUOTE]

Really? Lol that's so dumb

Yeah, it being scraped just makes you not want to even display them, it would have been one thing if they were metal and scraped up yet being solid black plastic it just looks like it was thrown on the floor and stepped on.

my store definitely had one of these in stock last week, i remember seeing it, but the online tracker doesnt list that store as having any in stock, does it only list stores that have more than 1 in stock? if so maybe it's still there, if not someone already bought it :(

I had the original version when it first came out for PS3.. Awesome game.. best super hero game made so far for PS3! Amazon a while back had the Game of the year edition which had all of the map packs and 3D included for $29. I had a $10 credit so for $19.99 couldn't beat it and sold my original version for $20 haha

bread's done
Back