My New Site, My New Giveaway

dgree120x3

CAGiversary!
done some work on the site since this post was first launched, should be a better user experience and navigation. Things will continue to progress in the right direction. I want to thank all of CAG and those that contributed feedback to help me out.

Wanted to remind everyone that the contest deadline is FRIDAY, and that you gotta be in it to win it.
Check the link and the CONTESTS tab at the top of the screen.
Thanks again gang

LINK: www.angry-gaming.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgree120x3']Good Afternoon CAG community - after long debate I've finally found the will to create a blog/website related to my interests and adventures. With it's creation - I've decided to generate a little traffic through a giveaway.

That's right, a giveaway. PAX East Shwag.

so, Checkout the site - give me some feedback - and enter the giveaway. Details are located within the homepage's single Blog entry.

Thanks gang, and good luck.[/QUOTE]
:lol:If you could provide us a site that would be very helpful.
*Correction, thanks for the link.

[quote name='przemek']worldwide, or only for us?[/QUOTE]

Worldwide, brother. Getting to you will just take longer, I assume.

Thanks for the questions, though - this really helps me tweak details for the future.

[quote name='dgree120x3']Worldwide, brother. Getting to you will just take longer, I assume.

Thanks for the questions, though - this really helps me tweak details for the future.[/QUOTE]
Great :)
Nice giveaway.

Second entry up, and the last one until sometime tomorrow. wanted to reveal a little more of my writing "style" and hopefully my "relate-ability" Enjoy folks.

[quote name='hoho-jijo']Nice writing but the site header could use some work....[/QUOTE]

thanks for the suggestion. I've made a header and applied it to the site, let me know what you think!

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Man, I love the background design on your site. It's so pleasing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much, I'm trying to keep a theme and still keep it easy on the eyes. Nothing too bright, ya know?

Good luck. Quite frankly, it looks like you've got a long way to go before you'll be writing anything compelling or worth reading. Maybe starting this blog during a game show was a bad idea, since right now, this just comes off as "this game at PAX was awesome and this one was awesome too, all these games are awesome you might want to check them out if you're into it, by the way, the theme of this blog is I'm going to be really edgy and grumpy and angry on this blog so watch out cuz I'm gonna keep it real and tell it like it is, hardcore-style."

I don't at all mean to discourage you; it's just that blogs like yours (in it's present state) are, frankly, a dime a dozen, and I think that taking this criticism and recognizing this is the first step to having any chance at all of moving beyond this bottom-rung of games blogging, if that's your eventual goal. If you're serious about this and not just killing time, go here for tips on how not to write:
http://gamejournos.tumblr.com/

Good on ya to be doing a giveaway, though. I'll pass on entering, to leave it for someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Good luck. Quite frankly, it looks like you've got a long way to go before you'll be writing anything compelling or worth reading. Maybe starting this blog during a game show was a bad idea, since right now, this just comes off as "this game at PAX was awesome and this one was awesome too, all these games are awesome you might want to check them out if you're into it, by the way, the theme of this blog is I'm going to be really edgy and grumpy and angry on this blog so watch out cuz I'm gonna keep it real and tell it like it is, hardcore-style."

I don't at all mean to discourage you; it's just that blogs like yours (in it's present state) are, frankly, a dime a dozen, and I think that taking this criticism and recognizing this is the first step to having any chance at all of moving beyond this bottom-rung of games blogging, if that's your eventual goal. If you're serious about this and not just killing time, go here for tips on how not to write:
http://gamejournos.tumblr.com/

Good on ya to be doing a giveaway, though. I'll pass on entering, to leave it for someone else.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for the brutal honesty. I guess i'm not as well read when it comes to blogging about games. I certainly had no idea that there was even a ladder to have a bottom rung to exist on in this field. But again, this is why ive only disclosed the site's existence to CAG and its users, to get this sort of feedback.

As far as the start is concerned, i dont plan on limiting myself to what ive done so far, there will be varied and exciting content in the future. But seriously, thanks.

[quote name='dgree120x3']Wow, thanks for the brutal honesty. I guess i'm not as well read when it comes to blogging about games.[/quote]
You don't necessarily need to be. Do read what you can though. Especially the Gamejournos Tumblr page I linked; it expounds on pretty much everything wrong with writing about games these days. Granted, he's mostly targeting the big "journalism" sites like Kotaku and Destructoid, rather than the small amateur fanblogs, but still, it's good advice for anyone who actually wants to write good content.

Ultimately, though, it's your blog. You should write what you want, so that you enjoy what you're doing.

I certainly had no idea that there was even a ladder to have a bottom rung to exist on in this field.
Heh, well, it's not like there's some "official" ranking of games blogs or something. I was just saying, everything starts at the bottom.

But again, this is why ive only disclosed the site's existence to CAG and its users, to get this sort of feedback.
Take the good and the bad. Like I said, if you're taking it seriously, and read up on what's out there, what's good and what's bad, you have a ton of room to grow.

As far as the start is concerned, i dont plan on limiting myself to what ive done so far, there will be varied and exciting content in the future. But seriously, thanks.
Yeah, absolutely. By no means did I mean to say something like "your blog started poorly, it has no chance." Everything has to start somewhere. I'm just saying that the earlier you start to think about more critical, compelling writing, the better.

Best of luck!

bread's done
Back