Dragon quest IV $4.96 NEW Gohastings

Gah! My credit card never works for some reason on Gohastings.

If someone could order this for me and get it delivered to my address I would be willing to pay them $10 (via paypal). I really want to play this game!

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Edit: Nevermind, got someone to help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost want to buy it. However, I already own it. I even beat it. It's just so good for so little. Let me know when DQV hits this price new via reprint. Then we'll talk.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks, can't beat $7.24 shipped. Feels like a target clearance price. Now I'm glad I passed on the newegg deal.

Oh wow, I must have been one of the last orders. But with gohastings, even if you order, you never know if they'll actually honor it. Maybe it was a price mistake for $14.96. It is still in stock for $24.99.

[quote name='scottman']Oh wow, I must have been one of the last orders. But with gohastings, even if you order, you never know if they'll actually honor it. Maybe it was a price mistake for $14.96. It is still in stock for $24.99.[/QUOTE]

They only had about 15 in stock when I checked. Got my order in before they went OOS. Had to act quick on this one, but like you said, you really never know.

[quote name='scottman']Oh wow, I must have been one of the last orders. But with gohastings, even if you order, you never know if they'll actually honor it. Maybe it was a price mistake for $14.96. It is still in stock for $24.99.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "but with gohastings.."

They honored the 30$ La Noire and Homefront preorders even though that was a mistake, so it's not like they have a long history of not honoring their mistakes

never heard of this site.. is it reliable/reputable? Do they sell actual new factory sealed stuff and ship it well?

*edit* strange.. for some reason at the 5 dollar price it doesn't let you add to cart.. but if you click the 25 dollar price it does? Ah see the posts 2 above this about them being out. The question still stands about the site though

[quote name='Kenshindono']never heard of this site.. is it reliable/reputable? Do they sell actual new factory sealed stuff and ship it well?

*edit* strange.. for some reason at the 5 dollar price it doesn't let you add to cart.. but if you click the 25 dollar price it does? Ah see the posts 2 above this about them being out. The question still stands about the site though[/QUOTE]

Hastings is an actual retailer, their new stuff is new. Their used stuff is better than Gamestop most of the time.

[quote name='gotdott']What do you mean "but with gohastings.."

They honored the 30$ La Noire and Homefront preorders even though that was a mistake, so it's not like they have a long history of not honoring their mistakes[/QUOTE]

Unless they improved it since a couple months ago, their online inventory tracking is horrible. They'll accept an order, but if the store that fulfills it is OOS, then your order gets cancelled. I think they even explained some past cancellations by saying since it was the weekend, no one was there to change the product status on their website. It's happened to me on one good deal.

[quote name='slidecage']they were around what 8 after shipping newegg has them for 12 so only a 4 buck savings for those who missed it[/QUOTE]

Newegg was $12.99. Reported price after shipping in this thread was $7.24 for gohastings. Total price saved for this deal is $5.75 (even bigger difference if charged taxes at Newegg). You can round everything down and make it $4 if it makes everyone feel better about missing out, but in reality it is actually a ~$6 difference. $6 is a pretty nice savings.

(sorry, I just like being exact :p)

So disappointed I missed this, love the game to death. This and V are some of the best DS titles- unfortunately my copies of both got ruined in a basement flood.

[quote name='scottman']Unless they improved it since a couple months ago, their online inventory tracking is horrible. They'll accept an order, but if the store that fulfills it is OOS, then your order gets cancelled. I think they even explained some past cancellations by saying since it was the weekend, no one was there to change the product status on their website. It's happened to me on one good deal.[/QUOTE]

Their tracking only sucks when they have a huge influx of orders because of some deal, otherwise it's pretty damn good. I don't really blame them though. Trying to integrate store inventory with online inventory isn't easy, especially if the store inventory is selling.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Newegg was $12.99. Reported price after shipping in this thread was $7.24 for gohastings. Total price saved for this deal is $5.75 (even bigger difference if charged taxes at Newegg). You can round everything down and make it $4 if it makes everyone feel better about missing out, but in reality it is actually a ~$6 difference. $6 is a pretty nice savings.

(sorry, I just like being exact :p)[/QUOTE]

i get hit with tax at hastings and that is if they even ship them so say 7.50 after tax compair to 12.99 at newegg and 100% sure i get it

5.50 difference...... i wasnt going to order either anyways though since i already have it ... was just saying another way to go for those who missed it.

not the biggest fan of gohastings.
bought 3 games for there last $1 shipping sale and then they cancelled one game. pokemon mystery dungeon darkness, just wanted the game for my collection

Friendly warning:

I ordered Dragon Quest IV for NDS about a year ago for roughly the same price from Gohastings.com. They sent me Legend of Kage for DS.

I got a refund and reordered and they sent me Legend of Kage again.
It was the wrong listing.
I finally ordered Dragon Quest IV from Amazon. It's an amazing game. Hopefully they fixed that problem.

Good luck.

Both copies of mine haven't been shipped yet and my bank statement says that I have been charged for them. This site better be legit.

[quote name='slidecage']i get hit with tax at hastings and that is if they even ship them so say 7.50 after tax compair to 12.99 at newegg and 100% sure i get it

5.50 difference...... i wasnt going to order either anyways though since i already have it ... was just saying another way to go for those who missed it.[/QUOTE]

Newegg bumped it to $19.99 a few days ago. It actually shows $27.99 in search results right now.

Haven't got my shipping confirmation yet, and I found it interesting they actually listed it as Dragon WARRIOR IV in the order confirmation.

I've placed more than a few orders for used games through GH and had several of them cancelled due to lack of inventory. That said, they've always had very friendly and helpful customer support people that, while they can't fix the inventory problems that sometimes arise, will do what they can to help within reason (such as free shipping to return the wrong item or an unreadable disk).

It is frustrating when you order something from them and then they aren't able to ship it, but I still buy from them because they do offer some really good prices sometimes and most of their used games are pretty good quality. Some of the used games I bought ended up still being shrink wrapped. You just gotta know that you may get disappointed if you are trying to get in on a really good deal because their inventory system isn't the most accurate (but certainly no worse than GameStop's online status when trying to find games at your local GameStop store...I've lost track of how many times I went to a GS store because the web site said they had something in stock only to find they didn't really have the game)

[quote name='unclenebber']Friendly warning:

I ordered Dragon Quest IV for NDS about a year ago for roughly the same price from Gohastings.com. They sent me Legend of Kage for DS.

I got a refund and reordered and they sent me Legend of Kage again.
It was the wrong listing.
I finally ordered Dragon Quest IV from Amazon. It's an amazing game. Hopefully they fixed that problem.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

LOL wow.. thats just.. wow! Hopefully you didn't have to pay the shipping? Thats absurd

too many people are commenting on problems with the site.. think i'll pass on ordering from them in the future

I've had about 4 games canceled by Gohastings in the past 3 months so take it for what it's worth, but I refuse to ever shop with them again.

[quote name='TommyT53']I've had about 4 games canceled by Gohastings in the past 3 months so take it for what it's worth, but I refuse to ever shop with them again.[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt this can happen. If you realize how they fulfill orders, it becomes clear that it is more like a lottery with pretty good odds that you'll be able to get some games at really good prices, but sometimes not. But when buying used stuff from them, especially a popular or rare game, there is a good chance you won't get the item.

I only buy from them when I'm buying a single item at a great discount where I don't have to deal with a return if they can't fulfill the order, or when they are offering a free shipping deal where I'm not penalized if they can only fulfill part of my order. But I stay away from the "but 2 get 1 for $1" deals because it is too common that you don't get the deal because they only ship 1 or 2 of the 3 games you ordered...and usually neither of them is the $1 game.

But if you have a choice between GH and some other place for roughly the same price, I'd most likely choose the other place because they are more likely to be able to fulfill the order. But if they are offering a great deal, you don't really have much to lose by ordering from them because the worst case is you won't get it, but you won't have lost any money trying.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Get ready for disappointment. I just got Legend of Kage in the mail instead of DQ4.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry this happened to you. I had the same thing happen over a year ago. Called, emailed told them the listing was wrong. Obviously they haven't fixed it.

I am half expecting to receive the original dragon warrior NES cartridge based on the order receipt, although they fixed it to dragon quest in my shipment confirmation, which they sent me twice. Shipping from them is usually fast though, so I shall know soon enough.

Yeah, I haven't been very happy with gohastings in the past. I purchased a supposed brand new copy of the rare and OOP Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis last year for $34.99. Only, when I received it, it instead turned out to be the latest iteration, Mini Land Mayhem. After emailing them several times, they seemed very unapologetic and reluctant to remove the bad listing, or remedy the situation, despite my clear frustration. In the end I decided to just keep the game anyways since it was one I was going to purchase at some point anyways.

Case and point -- B/c they were so reluctant to fix the situation, I'm now reluctant to shop with them. So this latest issue with DQ IV does not surprise me at all.

Man, I ain't ordering shiiit from Gohastings anymore. They're on my not-to-buy list!

sd537020.jpg

[quote name='postaboy']Man, I ain't ordering shiiit from Gohastings anymore. They're on my not-to-buy list!

sd537020.jpg
[/QUOTE]

welcome to the club

that is SO fucking LOL worthy

[quote name='postaboy']Man, I ain't ordering shiiit from Gohastings anymore. They're on my not-to-buy list!

sd537020.jpg
[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back