Phantasy Star Portable 2 for $24.49 on Amazon

Been waiting for a price drop on this, but maybe I'll wait for it to drop further. I actually have a bunch of other PSP games to mess with right now.

Got it on Black Friday. My brother has put an easy 200+ hours into it. Me? Around 30/40 hours. Good game, and the online mode and collection aspects make it worth it if that's your type of deal. Obviously, my brother got much more out of it then I did, but unlike him, I wasn't really all that interested in collecting everything.

Wasn't it $14.99 on Black Friday? Don't remember $9.99.

Also, Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity is due to come out eventually, which I believe contains the full game + new content. Sort of an expansion that also contains the original game, plus many balancing/bug fixes.

Got the first one through a Gamestop Game Days sale and I was hoping 2 would be part of this upcoming sale. After reading the other posts, I'm wondering how I missed it being on sale for Black Friday. 19.99 or lower is the buy price for me but I thank the OP for posting this deal.

[quote name='donburns99']Wasn't it $14.99 on Black Friday? Don't remember $9.99.

Also, Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity is due to come out eventually, which I believe contains the full game + new content. Sort of an expansion that also contains the original game, plus many balancing/bug fixes.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up on the BF deal and I am pretty sure I got it for $15. Makes it hard for me to justify it for just under 25 to anyone after getting it for that but still a decently fun game.

CURSES. I just used my $25 gift certificate two days ago, it would have been perfect for this.

Still, this is a tempting price.

I really want it, but I don't need it right now unfortunately.

I am still pissed I didn't buy it when it was $15.99 on PSN. That, and Valkyria Chronicles II. I knew I should have bought both of them and just waited until I had the time to play them.

[quote name='donburns99']Wasn't it $14.99 on Black Friday? Don't remember $9.99.[/QUOTE]
My bad. Maybe it was $14.99. I just remembered it was some ridiculously low price for a relative new game at that time.

Knowing that makes it hard to jump in the $25 price now.

If you don't mind a digital version, I would wait for it to drop to $16.99 again on the PSN. That should happen around the summer.

it was 14.99 on black friday (50% off) i still have mine sealed... hell i picked up part 1 at meijers for 7.49 same day and still have that sealed..no clue when i will ever get to them..

right now i have 21 RPG game backlog and growing :(

L. Of heroes 4 coming tomorrow will make it 22 games

[quote name='donburns99']Wasn't it $14.99 on Black Friday? Don't remember $9.99.

Also, Phantasy Star Portable 2: Infinity is due to come out eventually, which I believe contains the full game + new content. Sort of an expansion that also contains the original game, plus many balancing/bug fixes.[/QUOTE]

There's been no official announcements regarding Infinity, so I wouldn't be so quick to discourage people from buying the current version. I don't think the game sold all that well, so I say we'll be lucky if Infinity gets released. I sure hope it does.

Same here lol black friday always seems to yield the best deals by far, Im so glad I bit the bullet and picked it up then.. :)
[quote name='eau']Been kicking myself since I missed the $9.99 BF deal. For $24, I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Masterkyo']I got it on Black friday deal. Also picked up Part 1 at TRU for $7 ;)[/QUOTE]

I've had this in my cart since this was posted just watching it drop slowly. Can someone answer me this though, is this fun to play alone?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Can someone answer me this though, is this fun to play alone?[/QUOTE]

I am also curious to know whether this is a good buy, particularly for a recent PSP owner. Critical reviews aren't great, hence I am skeptical. And it sounds like this makes having PSP1 (the game) unnecessary. Thanks!

Wish they had the online game code still available. It has said available for $15.99 for so long until you actually click on it.

Down to $15.92. I decided to jump. I have noticed in the past that as soon as a game jumps into the top 10 sellers on a given system (PSP in this case), the price jumps up the next day. This goes for games that drop down in price like this. Phantasy Star Portable 2 is currently at 12th place on the list in PSP games, so we will probably see a jump in price soon. It isn't an exact science, but it does seem to happen that way often.

I truly love this game. I bought it when it came out. I hope Sega decides to bring out PSP2 Infinity here, before the PSO2 hype kills the chances of it being localized.

[quote name='whoknows']Speaking of PSO2...has there been any news on it besides it being announced?[/QUOTE]

Video came out earlier today for it. Only news we have is that it's only been announced for the PC and the Japanese alpha test starts soon.

bread's done
Back