Gran Turismo 5 $39.99 Amazon (fsss) / Newegg (FS)

to those of you who monitor most deals, has Gt5 new ever been sold for less than 40 on amazon before? is this a "deal"? will this game stay 60 for a long time?

If i am not into sim racers, would i enjoy this? i mean it does have go karts!!!

also, i would love rally racing, is it big on that? and what kind of scenery and terrain does this game have?and is the stearing wheel cam good?

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']to those of you who monitor most deals, has Gt5 new ever been sold for less than 40 on amazon before? is this a "deal"? will this game stay 60 for a long time?[/QUOTE]

It's been $40 before.

[quote name='ral1121']If i am not into sim racers, would i enjoy this? i mean it does have go karts!!!

also, i would love rally racing, is it big on that? and what kind of scenery and terrain does this game have?and is the stearing wheel cam good?[/QUOTE]

Do not buy this if you are not into sim racing. This game have very little go kart and rally racing. You are better off with Dirt 2 for rally and .... well, not sure what's a good go kart racing game but maybe another cag member can point you to it. For sim fans, this is the lowest price thus far for this game. I got it at launch with $10 credit and played it on and off but was never all that into it like I was with GT3 and all Forza games. Guess too many other games thesedays to suck up my time, thanks to CAG and SD. ;)

[quote name='ral1121']If i am not into sim racers, would i enjoy this? i mean it does have go karts!!!

also, i would love rally racing, is it big on that? and what kind of scenery and terrain does this game have?and is the stearing wheel cam good?[/QUOTE]

This is just my opinion, so that that for what you want, but this game is not fun at all. After 5 years in development, they could have at least made every car a "premium" model with an interior view. Like 80% of the cars feel like a port of GT4 models. Not to mention the extra clunky menus, and just flat boring "racing". Don't get me wrong I played the hell out of GT 1-3, especially on the PS2 so it's not just that I am not into "sim" games. I think just my view of these types of games has changed so much with the new hybrid racing games such as PGR, Need for Speed Shift & Hot Pursuit, and even Forza to an extent. GT5 feels like a game made to be released in 2007 and it's just flat boring in my personal opinion. I enjoyed DiRT 2 so much more than GT5. If you like rally at all, get that game. It's only $15-20 and so much fun. Even Shift 2 with its less than ideal controls is a more fun game. I personally would wait for DiRT 3 if you like semi simulation type games in May, or even Motorstorm: Apocalypse May 2. If GT5 ever drops below $20 I would say give it a shot. If you happen to have a friend with GT5: Prologue, the full game plays pretty much exactly like that.

GT5 does have go-karts, but the way they handle is very weird for a game like that. I'm sure it very realistic for the way a go-kart should handle, but it's not very fun to play when the slightest extra movement on the turns will end the race for you. It's nothing like Mario-Kart. As for the scenery, it has the normal dirt, snow, asphalt, pavement standards for a game like this. However, the snow tracks are a pain in the ass to compete in. The snow looks very bad when it is coming of the rear of another car in front of you and almost makes it impossible to visibly see (not in a good way.)

Get DiRT 2 if you don't already have it and you like Rally racing. It may not be 100% rally throughout the entire game, but at least it is actually FUN in my opinion.

Thanks for the deal though OP, I hope the game continues to drop as I would like to give a second try with my 3DTV around the $20 mark.

bread's done
Back