VALVE STORE: Portal 1 & 2 Prints (incl signed edition, limited to 100) - $8 to $100

prateeko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw these at the Valve Store and figured you guys may be interested.

Regular Prints are $40 (same but unsigned/unnumbered).
Chell - $40 (24" x 36")
Aperture Laboratories - $40 (36" x 24")
Apertures Requiem - $40 (36" x 24")
Portal Intro Study - $40 (36" x 24")

Limited (100 each), numbered and signed prints are $100 each!
Chell - $100 (24" x 36") [SOLD OUT!]
Aperture Laboratories - $100 (36" x 24") [SOLD OUT!]
Apertures Requiem - $100 (36" x 24") [SOLD OUT!]
Portal Intro Study - $100 (36" x 24") [Apprx 15 left]
[Apprx totals taken by adding 100 of each to cart, not sure how frequently it updates stock...]

Pictures of the lithos in the same order as listed above:

Chell:
P2235main.png

Aperture Laboratories:
P2233main.png

Apertures Requiem:
P2231main.png

Portal Intro Study:
P2221main.png

ALSO AVAILABLE:
1970s Mannequin - $7.99 (18" x 24")
P2219main.png

1980s Four Office - $7.99 (24" x 18")
P2217main.png

1940s Boss Robot - $7.99 (18" x 24")
P2215main.png

1940s Aperture Signs - $7.99 (24" x 36")
P2213main.png

Underground Poster Kit BUNDLE (includes 1940s Aperture Signs, 1940s Boss Robot, 1980s Four Office, and 1970s Mannequin) - $14.95!
PCP22main2.png

Coop Bot Poster - $7.95 (24" x 36")
P2103main.png

PORTAL [1] PRINTS:
Courage Is Not The Absence of Fear - $9.95 (18" x 24")
aplabs_courage_poster.png

Not Never But NOW - $7.95 (18" x 24")
aplabs_never_poster.png

A Trusted Friend In Science - $7.95 (18" x 24")
aplabs_trusted_poster.png

Aperture Laboratories Cake Poster - $7.95 (18" x 24")
portal_aplabs_cake_poster.png

Aperture Labs Poster Kit (BUNDLE!!) - $14.95 (Includes "Courage Is Not The Absence Of Fear," "Not Never But Now," "A Trusted Friend In Science," and "Aperture Laboratories Cake Poster"!)
aplabs_poster_bundle.png

Last edited by a moderator:
nice....these are big 36x24 but I can't afford $100 per litho. Unsigned ones are $40 but the same size.

$100 is very steep for these. But it looks like they're actually selling, very slowly.
ME2 ones are way better IMO and less than half the cost of these. These are pretty ugly.

The only one I really like is aperture laboratories. That price tag isn't the most appealing though :(

[quote name='Edwin29']And considering they're selling the same ones unsigned for 39.99[/QUOTE]

Agreed - it appears there isn't a limit on the regular editions, although who knows what the cost of those things will eventually rise to - people are nuts.

I might go for one or two of the original prints. I think they look pretty sweet.

[quote name='Brenex']The only one I really like is aperture laboratories. That price tag isn't the most appealing though :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, that one would go great in my living room. The price is definitely holding me back. Even the price for the regular one is high considering ME2 signed lithos are $40. It's funny how their Left 4 Dead lithos, which are the same size, are only $10 each ($18 for both). How much were the large Kirkwall Gate lithos?

I don't think there will be much demand for Portal 2 signed prints when they can get the same exact size and quality one for $40. ME2 ones have a lot of demand because the only way you can get the regular size is by getting the signed prints. Otherwise you're stuck with the little mini-lithos.

[quote name='epicjas0n']Yeah, that one would go great in my living room. The price is definitely holding me back. Even the price for the regular one is high considering ME2 signed lithos are $40. How much were the large Kirkwall Gate lithos?[/QUOTE]
The big Kirkwall Gates were just $50. I picked one up.

Ahh, didn't know all the details about the Mass Effect ones but I figured I'd put these up since I know prices for Limited Valve stuff can get VERY steep once they sell out (if anyone remembers the Weighted Companion Cube a few years back).

Also added a bunch of their other (more reasonably priced) prints...

What's what the ridiculous amount of WHITE. I mean for $100, they should add a little more to the art. I doubt that the wave of the artist's hand is worth $60. That's downright cocky of them XD. I wish my 2-second scribble was worth that much.

[quote name='scarhawk']What's what the ridiculous amount of WHITE. I mean for $100, they should add a little more to the art. I doubt that the wave of the artist's hand is worth $60. That's downright cocky of them XD. I wish my 2-second scribble was worth that much.[/QUOTE]

It is. Rarity is a valuable thing.

I'm very tempted to pick these up. But if I pick up 1, I'm gonna have to pick them all up. And damn that's a lot of money.

[quote name='confoosious']It is. Rarity is a valuable thing.

I'm very tempted to pick these up.[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured and why I put this thread up. Portal is a game that's very special to many gamers and I figure these will be gone shortly at which point it may be VERY expensive to pick them up.

I personally think they look pretty nice and are perfect for framing and would look good in your home (and people wouldn't automatically associate them as video game art)

Either way, I'll try to update remaining stock totals but if you're interested in one of the limited ones, I'd suggest grabbing it sooner rather than later.

Damn I wish the four office print was a lithograph and not a poster. I'm really feeling that one. Big fan of the retro look!

Not that I know of. You could send them an email but I would assume they are shipped in cardboard (i.e. NOT rolled), especially the signed/numbered ones. That's just my guess given how expensive they are...

[quote name='blahtastic']I'm looking all over but I can't find any information on how the lithos are shipped. Anyone else having any luck?[/QUOTE]

Someone on the Bioware forums said their L4D lithos came rolled in a tube.

[quote name='epicjas0n']Someone on the Bioware forums said their L4D lithos came rolled in a tube.[/QUOTE]
That's kind of odd since I only see posters for Left 4 Dead on their site (i.e. no lithos).

I sent them a question about it from the general Ask page. Will update when I hear back.

[quote name='prateeko']That's what I figured and why I put this thread up. Portal is a game that's very special to many gamers and I figure these will be gone shortly at which point it may be VERY expensive to pick them up.

I personally think they look pretty nice and are perfect for framing and would look good in your home (and people wouldn't automatically associate them as video game art)

Either way, I'll try to update remaining stock totals but if you're interested in one of the limited ones, I'd suggest grabbing it sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

I've had them added in my cart to check stock since you posted the topic. And they haven't sold any since then.

Hmm for some reason the Chell one kinda creeps me out, but i like it.

Now if only valve sold through Amazon, where i have tons of credits., then i wouldn't mind paying so much for a lithos.

Thanks OP, in for 2! My wife was just mentioning that she'd prefer something more interesting/authentic/unique in the game room than regular video game posters.

[quote name='Brenex']Damn I wish the four office print was a lithograph and not a poster. I'm really feeling that one. Big fan of the retro look![/QUOTE]

I picked up the 4-pack; love the retro style too!

Cool stuff! I'm a bigger Bioware/Mass Effect fan, so I grabbed that new Cerberus litho, but these are darn cool.

But, what I'd give for a straight up Aperture Lab's polo shirt....

It would be nice if these Portal 2 lithos had some actual portals in the art somewhere.

The Valve store used to be much more limited in selection, but the merchandise was much nicer. They have such random stuff now. I used to have the Half-Life 2 citadel litho and the quality was astounding, so their I know their litho paper quality is great.

[quote name='oasisboy']So can someone explain how this is a videogame deal? Do these prints come with a copy of the game?[/QUOTE]

It's eminently related to video games, and high quality lithos are really enjoyed and appreciated by the CAG community for their rarity (the deal part) and value.

I like them and find them price appropriate. I don't need signed/numbered for it to be wall worthy. I'll prolly wind up buying the 4 pack, keeping my favorite and giving the rest away.

About the price, I bought a BioShock poster from an artist for $40 (Justin D. Russo) and it is very awesome. It's not an official product but I don't care.

Updated the totals for signed Lithos. It appears the site only updates once or twice a day. There are between 18 and 47 left.

Also, I heard back from Valve and they said they ship out lithos in thick, cardboard tubes. I suppose it ensures safer delivery as compared to flat cardboard on either side of the litho...

Also I added some Portal 1 Posters. They're pretty funny and a good deal if you get the bundle (which seems to be a general trend with Valve's Posters). I'll update the thread when I have time to include posters and whatnot from other parts of the Valve store. They have a lot of sweet stuff...

Purchased a signed Requiem on Monday...Phew!

And the more I look at Aperture Laboratories the more I want it. If I don't justify spending on it in time for a signed one, I'll definitely pick up an unsigned version.

These lithos are gorgeous.

[quote name='proKoyeon']in for a signed chell, thanks op

*only 3 were left when i ordered*[/QUOTE]

It said 3 were left when I ordered mine yesterday, I guess it takes a while to update.

[quote name='sayu']It said 3 were left when I ordered mine yesterday, I guess it takes a while to update.[/QUOTE]

well i hope i don't get denied then :(

That's odd, the system seemed to register immediately once I got mine. Does anyone one know if these were a pre-order, I grabbed the laboratory one on the 20th and they finally shipped it today, or is this typical for the valve store.

Received my underground poster kit.. they were improperly rolled and packaged in one poster tube.. which fed ex lovingly smushed, so everything is ruined. Good stuff.

I hope you guys that ordered prints fair better. Here's what mine looked like when they arrived.

bread's done
Back