Pirates OTC 1-3 (BR/DVD) $13.49-$14.99 each w/ Movie Cash for PotC4

PenguinoMF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Each Pirates of the Caribbean has movie cash (up to $8.50) for PotC:On Stranger Tides (Out May 20th) that is redeemed through Disney Movie Rewards. See details

Links and info for Target, Amazon, and Toys R Us below for everyone that has credit at different stores.

Target has Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3 combo packs for $14.99 each online and in-store. If you can't find it in the movie section there is an end cap of Pirates toys that also has the movies on it.
The Curse of the Black Pearl
Dead Man's Chest
At World's End

Amazon has each for $13.99-$15.49 plus the opportunity to save $5 on DMC and AWE through their VOD+ option.
Curse of the Black Pearl $13.49
Dead Man's Chest $13.49 (Save $5 w/ $1.99 VOD rental)
At World's End $13.49 (Save $5 w/ $1.99 VOD rental)
PotC Trilogy (7 Disc) $49.99 (Gives 4 tickets, thanks travOtaku. BUT iluvmywife is reporting only 1 ticket)

Toys R Us has them for $14.99 online and in store
Curse of the Black Pearl
Dead Man's Chest
At World's End

Last edited by a moderator:
This is tempting. I definitely want to see the new movie. I'm not sure if it is worth it to upgrade to blu-ray for these movies though. I do have all the DVD's.

I think the trilogy only comes with 1 DMR code so it might only give you 1 ticket, which sucks.

EDIT: travOtaku confirms that the trilogy gets you 4 movie tickets, 1 for each movie and 1 for the set.

Guess I'll finally have to pick all three up since tickets are probably going to cost the full amount this summer. $45 - ~$25 = $20 for the trilogy; can't beat that!

I can confirm that the Toys'R'Us price is in-store as well. I'm torn on whether I really need to own these movies or not, though the movie cash does make it tempting.

Edit: Haha, and my girlfriend talked me into buying them. Kind of funny when last week she was bitching at me about how many blu-rays I buy and how she doesn't know where I'm going to store all of them. :lol: Guess it's different when they're movies that she wants to watch...

I bought the trilogy, and there is a DMC for the trilogy itself worth 1 ticket (and points of its own), and then each movie individually has a DMC code inside of it worth another ticket (and points). So you can technically get up to 4 tickets when you buy the trilogy.

[quote name='linkbear']Amazon adjusted their prices
Black Pearl: $12.55
Dead Man's Chest: $17.99
At World's End: $18.99

Trilogy is still $49.99[/QUOTE]

I think you are looking at the just the blu-rays. The ones I have in the OP are the combo BR/DVD packs. The Disney site for the free tickets says with purchase of trilogy or combo packs so you may not get them for the regular BR version.

[quote name='shrike4242']The trilogy release has a bonus disc that you can only get via the trilogy release[/QUOTE]

Heh, I thought about it, and then I thought about how unlikely I am to even watch all of the bonus features on the main releases, and decided that I really don't need a seventh disc containing the stuff they didn't feel was as worth releasing before. ;)

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I think you are looking at the just the blu-rays. The ones I have in the OP are the combo BR/DVD packs. The Disney site for the free tickets says with purchase of trilogy or combo packs so you may not get them for the regular BR version.[/QUOTE]

You're right. That is unnecessarily confusing.

Question.............do they ahve to have the ticket sticker on the outside for it be eligible? If I find a copy of the trilogy or combo packs that dont have the sticker on the pack will the DMR codes still give me the coupons to print?

[quote name='bizman316']This is tempting. I definitely want to see the new movie. I'm not sure if it is worth it to upgrade to blu-ray for these movies though. I do have all the DVD's.[/QUOTE]

read any review of the blu for these, they have what home theatre buffs like to call reference audio. its linear pcm or something i think, but its amazing audio wise. picture is really good too, if you want to show off your tv or sound system, they are really good for that.

too bad i already have the trilogy pack :cry:

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Question.............do they ahve to have the ticket sticker on the outside for it be eligible? If I find a copy of the trilogy or combo packs that dont have the sticker on the pack will the DMR codes still give me the coupons to print?[/QUOTE]

Disney gives out tickets when the "magic code" is redeemed whereas other movie companies insert a special code into their movies. So as long as you get the combo pack or trilogy you will be fine.

These things are going fast or I'm just blind. Only one copy of the first 2 Pirates movies and sold out of the 3rd at my local Target. And yes, I found these in the Toys section. I'll check another tomorrow.

Think I may have a problem. I entered all 3 codes back to back and then clicked redeem movie ticket after the last code. Cant seem to get the tickets for the other 2 now. There some way to fix this?

nvm figured it out.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']These things are going fast or I'm just blind. Only one copy of the first 2 Pirates movies and sold out of the 3rd at my local Target.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Target that I went to here only had the 3rd movie. Toys R Us had all three for the same price, though.

[quote name='arcane93']Yeah, the Target that I went to here only had the 3rd movie. Toys R Us had all three for the same price, though.[/QUOTE]

Mine ended up restocking. Odd thing is the restock none of the copies had the sticker on the outside indicating the free ticket, yet the ones I got yesterday did. STill free tickets from the codes, just odd.

[quote name='travOtaku']I bought the trilogy, and there is a DMC for the trilogy itself worth 1 ticket (and points of its own), and then each movie individually has a DMC code inside of it worth another ticket (and points). So you can technically get up to 4 tickets when you buy the trilogy.[/QUOTE]

I bought the Blu Ray trilogy and I only got one ticket with the trilogy code. Each of movies have a code but no free tickets, instead they have a free streaming movie??????

You may want to check your codes, perhaps you do have 4 tickets.

Trilogy code = 100 points plus ticket
Each movie code = 125 points and streaming movie!

[quote name='iluvmywife']I bought the Blu Ray trilogy and I only got one ticket with the trilogy code. Each of movies have a code but no free tickets, instead they have a free streaming movie??????

Each movie code = 125 points and streaming movie![/QUOTE]

why are you quoting something just to say the exact same thing?

[quote name='iluvmywife']I bought the Blu Ray trilogy and I only got one ticket with the trilogy code. Each of movies have a code but no free tickets, instead they have a free streaming movie??????

Did you try printing the tickets. I think with Toy Story 1+2 they grouped TS3 tickets together in 1 link when you redeemed 2 or more.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']why are you quoting something just to say the exact same thing?[/QUOTE]

I think what he was saying was that he only got one ticket from the trilogy set, not four like the post he quoted was saying he would. Kinda hard to tell for certain, though.

What I really want to know more than anything, though, is whether his wife was standing over his shoulder or something when he chose his username. :lol:

[quote name='arcane93']i think what he was saying was that he only got one ticket from the trilogy set, not four like the post he quoted was saying he would. Kinda hard to tell for certain, though.

What i really want to know more than anything, though, is whether his wife was standing over his shoulder or something when he chose his username. :lol:[/quote]
:lol:

Each time I put in one of the individual codes from the set, a new banner popped up saying I had a new movie ticket to redeem. By the time I was finished there were four banners present on my screen.

I don't know if this was a glitch or what, but I know that had my printer not run out of ink during the last ticket I would have four tickets tacked onto my bulletin board rather than just 3 ;(

[quote name='travOtaku']Each time I put in one of the individual codes from the set, a new banner popped up saying I had a new movie ticket to redeem. By the time I was finished there were four banners present on my screen.

I don't know if this was a glitch or what, but I know that had my printer not run out of ink during the last ticket I would have four tickets tacked onto my bulletin board rather than just 3 ;([/QUOTE]

I had this problem too. Check your email. You get emailed links to the coupon pdfs. Just reload and print.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Did you try printing the tickets. I think with Toy Story 1+2 they grouped TS3 tickets together in 1 link when you redeemed 2 or more.[/QUOTE]

I had no problem with the TS1 and TS2 tickets with Disney rewards.

I went ahead and looked to see if they were grouped and they were not.

I only got one ticket and that was with the trilogy code that was worth 100 points.

I double checked my points earned and it only shows one ticket.

[quote name='travOtaku']Each time I put in one of the individual codes from the set, a new banner popped up saying I had a new movie ticket to redeem. By the time I was finished there were four banners present on my screen.

I don't know if this was a glitch or what, but I know that had my printer not run out of ink during the last ticket I would have four tickets tacked onto my bulletin board rather than just 3 ;([/QUOTE]

I did not get a new banner when I put the individual movie codes. Instead all I got was the option to Add Stream.

I have the 7 disc Blu Ray version. The barcode on bottom is 786936812343

The only reason I posted was to let possible CAGers know that perhaps they would not get 4 free tickets with this trilogy set.

I am a little disapointed that I did not get 4 tickets after reading this thread.

The good news is that I bought my copy at Hastings B&M store for $54.99 with credit. I been doing a mix of old penny game guides and dvds that I have upgraded to Blu to acquire all of my credit. I have also been using weekly Hastings coupons to get extra credit when I trade in five dvds and books (game guides). I feel good because those DVDs and game guides are absolutely worthless and I couldn't give them away.

Target will be offering a free Jack Sparrow figure with any PotC combo pack purchase from 5/8-5/14. Ad says supplies are limited.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Target will be offering a free Jack Sparrow figure with any PotC combo pack purchase from 5/8-5/14. Ad says supplies are limited.[/QUOTE]

damn...............should have saved my receipts.

Hmm.. Hopefully someone else will try their hand on the Trilogy and see if they get the 4 tickets as opposed to 1. Not sure if I should go for the three combo packs separately for $45 or the Trilogy for $50 in such a case.

I'll try waiting it out, and hope the prices don't change too soon. If they do, I guess it just wasn't meant to be! :p

[quote name='Xellos2099']I picked up black pearl combo today as i already have deadman chest and world end bluray, pick up a free Angelica figure.[/QUOTE]

They are offering different figures?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']They are offering different figures?[/QUOTE]

You can pick from any of the $7.99 figures released for tHe new movie.

Wow, I'm almost tempted to return the copies that I bought at TRU the other week since I haven't opened them yet and jump on this. Not sure what I'd really do with the figures, though, and don't need more junk to store. Hrm . . .

[quote name='PenguinoMF']They are offering different figures?[/QUOTE]

I don't imagine they'll be strict about it. The Sparrow figure probably is selling pretty hot, so a replacement can likely be picked by you.

I don't have the second movie on BD yet, due to it being the weakest of the series. I'm still unsure if I want to spend 15 on it, especially with the 4 Alien movies out at Target the same day.

if your going to get the movies make sure your grab the ones that say they have the free movie ticket too. why take a chance the code might not work..

there are only 5 figures available that I could see. I grabbed gibbs and angelica. My store only had 1 gibbs and 2 angelicas. it had 5+ of the rest(barbossa, blackbeard, jack sparrow)

Damn I'm in for all three I think. Does anyone have any details regarding which movie theaters these tickets will work at? I'm not familiar with the kind of free ticket disney offers, so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

According to the target ad, there are a handful of blu rays at $7.99 also. I might have to grab Office Space and Super Troopers for $7.99 each because I seem to watch those over and over.

I wasn't planning on spending $60+ on blu rays. Good deals. Thanks CAGers.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Damn I'm in for all three I think. Does anyone have any details regarding which movie theaters these tickets will work at? I'm not familiar with the kind of free ticket disney offers, so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

According to the target ad, there are a handful of blu rays at $7.99 also. I might have to grab Office Space and Super Troopers for $7.99 each because I seem to watch those over and over.

I wasn't planning on spending $60+ on blu rays. Good deals. Thanks CAGers.[/QUOTE]

you need to open a disney movie rewards account. eah bluray will also give you 125 points.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/index.htm

enter the magic code and you will see a banner. click on the banner and it wil prompt you to print out the ticket.

Its hollywood movie money. so should be good at most theaters (amc, regal, century)

if you have a crap dvd to trade in you an get office space for $5 at best buy..

[quote name='bill esquivel']you need to open a disney movie rewards account. eah bluray will also give you 125 points.

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/index.htm

enter the magic code and you will see a banner. click on the banner and it wil prompt you to print out the ticket.

Its hollywood movie money. so should be good at most theaters (amc, regal, century)

if you have a crap dvd to trade in you an get office space for $5 at best buy..[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the info and thanks to the OP. I ended up buying all three films today with 3 toys. I don't know what the heck I'll do with the toys, but they're pretty cool for free. I made sure to get the blu rays with the "free movie ticket" sticker on them. Thanks to whoever pointed that out earlier.

I might buy these tomorrow since Brink is looking to be a big POS. I'm not taking any chances with games after getting burned by Crysis 2 and Homefront.

Shit, didn't know they didn't need the stickers to get the tickets. I'll have to go back and buy the other two movies, since the first one was the only one with the sticker.

EDIT: fuck it, I don't need the stupid action figures, I'll order the other two on Amazon.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Shit, didn't know they didn't need the stickers to get the tickets. I'll have to go back and buy the other two movies, since the first one was the only one with the sticker.

EDIT: fuck it, I don't need the stupid action figures, I'll order the other two on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

They don't need the sticker on them, just has to be the BR/DVD combo pack. It doesn't come with a ticket inside the case but you enter the Disney movie reward code to get the ticket.

bread's done
Back