Dreamcast system signed by GamePro employees.

LastDCMade

CAGiversary!
I know this is an old thread and its my first post but I won the last Dreamcast signed by the production team from Gamepro in 2002. It came in a normal dreamcast box and inside was the dreamcast autographed by all of them along with a bunch of games. I havent done anything with it all this time and was thinkin about sellin it but have no idea how to go about it. What do you guys think its worth and where do you think would be the best place to sell it?
CIMG1578.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LastDCMade']I know this is an old thread and its my first post but I won the last Dreamcast signed by the production team from Gamepro in 2002. It came in a normal dreamcast box and inside was the dreamcast autographed by all of them along with a bunch of games. I havent done anything with it all this time and was thinkin about sellin it but have no idea how to go about it. What do you guys think its worth and where do you think would be the best place to sell it?[/QUOTE]

Ebay. 99 cent with NR. Also consider giving 10% to charity

Last edited by a moderator:
Got any pics? I'd be curious to see it. No idea what it would be worth, but I'm sure if it was the last one and you had evidence to back that up (wining certificate, matching serial #, idk) you could probably get a pretty sick price from a Sega or DC fanatic.

[quote name='LastDCMade']I know this is an old thread and its my first post but I won the last Dreamcast signed by the production team from Gamepro in 2002. It came in a normal dreamcast box and inside was the dreamcast autographed by all of them along with a bunch of games. I havent done anything with it all this time and was thinkin about sellin it but have no idea how to go about it. What do you guys think its worth and where do you think would be the best place to sell it?[/QUOTE]

Oh, man, you are lucky. That's awesome.

Wasnt able to post a pic being a newbie but I cheated and added to my above post. Pic of DC with winning letter they sent me.

[quote name='LastDCMade']I know this is an old thread and its my first post but I won the last Dreamcast signed by the production team from Gamepro in 2002. It came in a normal dreamcast box and inside was the dreamcast autographed by all of them along with a bunch of games. I havent done anything with it all this time and was thinkin about sellin it but have no idea how to go about it. What do you guys think its worth and where do you think would be the best place to sell it?
CIMG1578.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is simply incredible. I'd keep that thing forever and be buried with it... even though I was a Nintendo fanboy back in the day. You literally own the very last Sega system ever made... not just the last model they made, but the very last Sega system to have be produced. You are the only person out of 6,900,000,000 people who can say that. And you even have the letter they sent!

This needs some exposure on some collectors websites like RacketBoy or Digitpress. I always thought this was some kind of a myth.

Awesome. The Sega Saturn got me into the import scene back in the 90s. Sega without arcade games to port is a sad sight indeed.

You have a really cool collectible. No idea what it's worth, probably not a lot, but if it were me I would keep that sucker and put it in a display case up in my game room.

It is really hard to say as to the value, I would take offers here before going on eBay or at least put a reserve on it so it won't go too cheap.
I'm one of those people that go on there and buy autographed consoles from time to time. Believe it or not a mint/never played autographed console sometimes sells for less than one that was not autographed at all.
I have gotten Ozzy, Tony H, and a bunch of other autographed DC, PS1, PS2, GC, Xbox etc. for less than they were worth (under $100-$200). Just an example, Yuji Naka autographed Dreamcast given away by Gamepro (they gave away many DC's) cost me less that a Dreamcast originally cost new. On the flip side, the Yuji Naka autographed Sonic Dreamcasts (200 of them) typically sell for a ton. I think the difference is mostly that a plain DC just doesn't have the value to collectors as a color factory sponsored variation. Personally I would pay more for your Gamepro DC than I did for my other Gamepro DC, not because it is the last one (the letter states "You have just won one of the very last Dreamcast systems to come off the production line...") but because it is another special part of history.
I collect systems for my future gaming museum that I want to make public so gamers from around the world can check out things like this. I don't resale or do it for profit. I do it for preservation. There are times that "collectors" just seem like rich greedy people that don't actually play games but just do it for profit, hoard and push up the prices but thats not at all what I'm about. It would be great to see this end up in a way that can be shared. If you still have it and interested in selling let me know!

Just to clarify something that hasn't been clarified; that isn't signed by the GamePro staff. That's signed by the staff at Sega. You can tell from seeing "Sega Rosso," "Hitmaker" and "Sonic Team" on there. It's all signed by the major players behind the Dreamcast's library from Sega.

[quote name='Tsukento']Just to clarify something that hasn't been clarified; that isn't signed by the GamePro staff. That's signed by the staff at Sega. You can tell from seeing "Sega Rosso," "Hitmaker" and "Sonic Team" on there. It's all signed by the major players behind the Dreamcast's library from Sega.[/QUOTE]
Yep, that looks like the case. I thought something was a little screwy when I saw "Wave Master" on there.

if it's signed by gamepro employers, who would really care!? no one really cares who wrote the review of gears of war or god of war or just dance. it would just be another dreamcast with pen marks.

if it's signed by sega employees, than it might be a different story because there are people who do care about the fame of the game developer. steve jobs for instance, is a mascot for apple. if signed a iphone, it would be worth huge dollars because of his fame.

you're better of selling it to someone who is a collector, a huge game collector such as gamerster81 on youtube or one of his buddy who is also on youtube. but you need to make sure if it is from gamepro or sega.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']but you need to make sure if it is from gamepro or sega.[/QUOTE]
We've already established it's not signed by the GamePro staff. The fact that several Sega development group names are there, along with their heads' names and that the paper itself mentions it's signed by Sega's staff indicates it's not by GamePro's staff.

Huh. I'm weird. I would say go ahead and sell it. Who cares if a bunch of Sega people signed a DOA system that nobody purchased. I might give you $50 for it as a curiosity... but then again, what the heck would I do with it? I quit collecting stuff like this, and I am selling off everything else I used to collect (like comics). It's just more plastic gathering dust in your house. It's cool for someone else, though...

fucking Playstation 2. fucking lies that Sony fed everyone about how great it would be.

A million retards lined up to buy a system that didn't have shit for games for 1 1/2 years.

But remember, it's not all on the PS2. There was still the matter of ex-Sega fans that weren't willing to trust Sega after what happened during the shifts from Genesis to 32X to Saturn. Same with the developers that weren't willing to jump aboard. Especially EA, who wanted to be the only sports developer on the system right after Sega spent a ton of money on getting together what would be the Sega Sports 2K series developer.

That and piracy started growing due to the system being one of the easiest consoles to play pirated games on. And there was the matter of DVD becoming the new thing, which the PS2 had available from the get go.

I'd say that an idea would be to get as much exposure for an auction as possible if an item like this was to be auctioned on eBay. Postings on some Sega fanboy forums, collector forms and the like as long as its allowed by their TOS. Also, maybe an online search to see if others have sold their and the price it went for.

DVD, like Blu-ray, is a storage format. You and I both know that it doesn't change how good a game can be. Yeah, the GD-ROM was sort of a strange beast but it led the DC to launch in the US at $200 instead of $300+.

*sigh* Deep down I'll always be a fanboy. I realize that the seeds of the DC's demise were planted during the mid 90s. That said, the Saturn deserved to do better in the US. I just wish Capcom and SNK had brought the RAM cartridge to the US, it might have still "lost" the three-way war but dammit, more people deserved to play arcade perfect ports of CPS2 games.

[quote name='Halo05']DVD, like Blu-ray, is a storage format. You and I both know that it doesn't change how good a game can be. Yeah, the GD-ROM was sort of a strange beast but it led the DC to launch in the US at $200 instead of $300+.[/QUOTE]
DVD's hype back then wasn't based on games but on movies. While Blu-ray from DVD isn't much of a leap aside from looking better and holding more space, the leap from VHS to DVD was extraordinary.

No more film degeneration from constant usage, no longer needing to rewind a movie all the way to the beginning once it was done and being able to hold extras were massive pluses that boosted DVD's popularity.

People were looking at the PS2 as a machine that played its own games, played PlayStation games and could play DVD movies.

While a DVD player could have helped the Dreamcast, it was a smart move for Sega to not go that route in the beginning as DVD costs were through the roof, including the fees required to use them. With or without a DVD player, it seemed like Sega was damned if they did and damned if they didn't.

In the case of the Saturn, it certainly deserved a better life in the west.

[quote name='Halo05']fucking Playstation 2. fucking lies that Sony fed everyone about how great it would be.

A million retards lined up to buy a system that didn't have shit for games for 1 1/2 years.[/QUOTE]

Before you go blame Sony, lets not forget that Sega didn't exactly have a great run with the Saturn. The PS1 thrived, so people had a reason to move on to the PS2.

But karma's a bitch, considering how hard Sony flopped with the PS3 for the first 2-3 years. And now they're being hacked.

Hey, whatever ended up happening with this system. Was it sold or not?

We just passed the 12th anniversay of the US launch 9/9/99.

Seems like DC is just going to continue to fade. This year might be the year I go ahead and move my on line collection to its own page or at lease somewhere that people will be more likely to see it. That way I can start working on uploading my Saturn collection as well...

[quote name='SegaGT']Hey, whatever ended up happening with this system. Was it sold or not?

We just passed the 12th anniversay of the US launch 9/9/99.

Seems like DC is just going to continue to fade. This year might be the year I go ahead and move my on line collection to its own page or at lease somewhere that people will be more likely to see it. That way I can start working on uploading my Saturn collection as well...[/QUOTE]

I think the DC had potential, even as a "second system", but Sega had already shot themselves in the foot too many times to recover. Lest we forget the 32x, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn - all of which were lacking in good titles and had issues of their own. I think the Dreamcast was brought down due to no fault of it's down because of previous bad decisions by Sega.

[quote name='wageslave']I think the DC had potential, even as a "second system", but Sega had already shot themselves in the foot too many times to recover. Lest we forget the 32x, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn - all of which were lacking in good titles and had issues of their own. I think the Dreamcast was brought down due to no fault of it's down because of previous bad decisions by Sega.[/QUOTE]

I agree with a bit of what you said but one thing I think many people overlook is that Sega was a teeny tiny company in comparison with Microsoft and Sony (who are still the current leaders). Even Nintendo would have fallen had it not had a strong portable market share (GB*). Not that the Game Cube was bad but by itself it would not have been enough to keep them going without the deep pockets like Sony and Microsoft are able to fall back on.

[quote name='Halo05']fucking Playstation 2. fucking lies that Sony fed everyone about how great it would be.

A million retards lined up to buy a system that didn't have shit for games for 1 1/2 years.[/QUOTE]

ummm it would be 999,998 retards that lined up to buy a system that didn't have shit for games for 1 and 1/2 years. myself and my best friend were playing ssx and tekken tag tournament at that time.

It was really sad to see the DC go, but EA snubbing sega was just the begining of the end, no square or enix along with ea and sega's previous bad decisions along with lack luster game support (although not bad at all, sonic, house of the dead, toy commander, power stone)

/laughs at gamepro people signing anything. I would imagine their signatures would devalue the system.

They might as well said "Guys we have a action comics #1 signed by a bunch of retarded preschool children using finger paints!"

Gamepro is as far removed to their usefulness to gaming as my ass is to the dark side of europa.

[quote name='wageslave']I think the DC had potential, even as a "second system", but Sega had already shot themselves in the foot too many times to recover. Lest we forget the 32x, Sega CD, and Sega Saturn - all of which were lacking in good titles and had issues of their own. I think the Dreamcast was brought down due to no fault of it's down because of previous bad decisions by Sega.[/QUOTE]

No, the dreamcast sucked on the whole. From the system to a lot of the games it wasnt a good system. I mean look at all the millions of raving fans of the system, if the system was so awesome and loved so much then why did it fail? Oh thats right, because when it was out it sucked and no one bothered with it. But flash forward over a decade and now suddenly everything thinks its so great and wonderful because they look at it with rose color glasses of nostalgia. If the dreamcast really was such a great system then it would have done well when it was out, but it didnt so it died. People pick out like 8 games that were great on the system and then put it all up on a pedstal.

First of all the controller. It was ugly, it was bulky, it was heavy and not user friendly. Just moving from the analog pad to the dpad required you to shift your entire hand down the controller which meant no quick switch betweens. The stupid add in slots were a waste and just made it bigger than it needed to be. And whoever decided to have the cord come out of the back of the controller is a fucking idiot. You automatically lose like 9 inches of cord because it comes out the back, wraps back around the controller to go to the system. The shoulder buttons were mooshy and the whole controller was a design failure.

Ps2 was killing it with ps1 backward compatibility and dvd support not to mention better.

They launched at when the ps1 was still releasing classic titles.

It was poorly marketed.

Huge portions of launch titles were not working at all like blue stinger and another racing game.

It didnt have a lot of great games. I mean it had quite a few but the developer support on that system was pathetic since most games were just ports or thrown together games like chu chu rocket.

[quote name='gargus']/laughs at gamepro people signing anything. I would imagine their signatures would devalue the system.

They might as well said "Guys we have a action comics #1 signed by a bunch of retarded preschool children using finger paints!"

Gamepro is as far removed to their usefulness to gaming as my ass is to the dark side of europa.[/QUOTE]

You misunderstand, it wasn't signed by the Gamepro production team, it was signed by the SEGA production team. If you look at the pic, you can see Yuji Naka (Sonic Team) and Yu Suzuki (Virtua Fighter/Shenmue) among the signers.

[quote name='gargus']/laughs at gamepro people signing anything. I would imagine their signatures would devalue the system.

Gamepro is as far removed to their usefulness to gaming as my ass is to the dark side of europa.
[/QUOTE]

You probably should learn to read and look at pictures before you just post something. That being said, it's a pretty cool piece.

[quote name='gargus']
No, the dreamcast sucked on the whole. From the system to a lot of the games it wasnt a good system. I mean look at all the millions of raving fans of the system, if the system was so awesome and loved so much then why did it fail? Oh thats right, because when it was out it sucked and no one bothered with it. But flash forward over a decade and now suddenly everything thinks its so great and wonderful because they look at it with rose color glasses of nostalgia. If the dreamcast really was such a great system then it would have done well when it was out, but it didnt so it died. People pick out like 8 games that were great on the system and then put it all up on a pedstal.

First of all the controller. It was ugly, it was bulky, it was heavy and not user friendly. Just moving from the analog pad to the dpad required you to shift your entire hand down the controller which meant no quick switch betweens. The stupid add in slots were a waste and just made it bigger than it needed to be. And whoever decided to have the cord come out of the back of the controller is a fucking idiot. You automatically lose like 9 inches of cord because it comes out the back, wraps back around the controller to go to the system. The shoulder buttons were mooshy and the whole controller was a design failure.

Ps2 was killing it with ps1 backward compatibility and dvd support not to mention better.

They launched at when the ps1 was still releasing classic titles.

It was poorly marketed.

Huge portions of launch titles were not working at all like blue stinger and another racing game.

It didnt have a lot of great games. I mean it had quite a few but the developer support on that system was pathetic since most games were just ports or thrown together games like chu chu rocket.[/QUOTE]

Dude, let me not be the first to say that you don't know what you're talking about. The Dreamcast took a risk by sticking its neck out while Sony and Nintendo held back their cards and safely waited finish up the lifespan of their current systems before going next gen. While I agree that it had marketing and third-party support issues, you don't see people running around calling the hardware a POS like the 32X and numerous other atrocities Sega was producing to tack onto the Genesis.

As for good games you had Resident Evil: Code Veronica, House of the Dead 2, Maken X; and don't even talk about fighters because people today are still buying Dreamcast Imports--if it's a fighting game. If anything the Dreamcast was strong in a few genres and weak in others; other than Phantasy Star Online there's aren't too many RPGs of note, and where were the platformers? Unless you were into survival horror, fighters, or shooters--chances are you'd give the Dreamcast a pass.

But really, in terms of hardware itself--can you really honestly say that the Dreamcast controller was more awkward than the n64 or (even) the xbox? Sure, the VMU could have done without the battery back-up / hand-held screen cheesiness but other than that there were no major flaws in my experience with the system. If anything the system fell less due to its merits and more due to a jaded Sega customer base that had, by then, fled to Nintendo and Sony's established game-libraries.

Well, speaking of the RPGs, Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia were really fantastic. Given the short lifespan of the system, I'm satisfied with the fact it received two AAA RPGs.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Well, speaking of the RPGs, Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia were really fantastic. Given the short lifespan of the system, I'm satisfied with the fact it received two AAA RPGs.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, skies of arcadia is one of the few rpgs I actually finished. But whoever decided it was a good a idea to have random battles every 1 1/2 seconds, needs a good thrashing.

bread's done
Back