D.J. Hero Renegade Edition(Xbox 360) $30 At Big Lots

BlueSwim

CAGiversary!
If you haven't already gotten D.J. Hero at one of the numerous places that has had it on-sale, you might want to check out Big Lots. I saw the Renegade Edition(game+turntable+VERY nice case+Eminem & Jay-Z music CD(s?)) for the Xbox 360 at Big Lots tonight for $30. They also had the regular D.J. Hero bundle for $20, but it's well worth the extra $10 to get the case as its build quality is fantastic. Good luck!:D:D:D

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I didn't see this at my local Big Lots today. Was this deal advertised in their ad like the Power Gig Gutair bundle was?[/QUOTE]I'm not sure. I dropped by my Big Lots on the spur-of-the-moment and just happened to notice it.

They had 3 renegades at mine, I picked one up, It is very nice for 30 bucks almost feels like I did something bad to get it so cheap. The case is amazing.

Big Lot deals are generally YMMV anyway, even if the stuff is in the ads. But with stuff like this specifically, I think they put them out in select stores first to test the waters first, then do an official ad for it a couple weeks later. I remember this happened with some of the games like Just Cause 2 and Mafia 2 a couple months ago.

Might check out mine today...

I would think that if something were in the Big Lots ad, it would be available in all the stores on the first day of the sale (unless there was a shipping issue). Along with not being in the Ad (unlike the Gig Gutair bundle), DJ Hero is over a year old and Big Lots probably had limited quanties to begin with and can't supply all their stores with it...

For all those saying it's YMMV, did you ask someone in store did they have it and explain in detail what you were looking for? First Big Lot I visited had none, so I called the next store instead of wasting gas first and lady said they had one in back they would hold for me. When I got there, I checked the shelves first to see it's condition and couldn't find it, BUT I did see a lone Power Gig bundle and sure enough, the lady thought that's what I wanted them to hold! I told here it was in a black box over the phone and she must have took a glance at the PG box and assumed wrong. She called some lady from the back, whom I told it had 'Renegade Edition' on the box and sure enough, they had one in back not on floor. Called another (wanted a back-up because they're so cheap) and the guy said they had them, but once again, not on the floor and to ask for him when I go to the store. When I got there, didn't see any on the floor, so found the guy I spoke with over the phone and he brought out a X360 and Wii version from back, so took em both:cool:

So to summarize, make sure you ask someone who works there if they have them or not. If you assume that it would initially be on the floor like I did, then you may miss out.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the mess so many of us had trying to get the overstock Renegade cases at Best Buy for $5 a few months ago (with so many of them being totally trashed), is it really fair to call the build quality "fantastic"? :)

[quote name='Justin42']After the mess so many of us had trying to get the overstock Renegade cases at Best Buy for $5 a few months ago (with so many of them being totally trashed), is it really fair to call the build quality "fantastic"? :)[/QUOTE]:lol: Good point. Well, when you get a good one, the build quality is fantastic.

bread's done
Back