Goozex - Free PS3/Bluray trades till 5/31

Havok83

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Just found this out and didnt see it on the board:

Are you a PlayStation 3 owner feeling the blues about the PSN reboot? Well Goozex feels your pain and starting on May 9th, we gave all previous PS3 and Blu-ray traders free trades for the rest of the month! As part of the gaming community fabric, we felt we could play a positive role in helping PS3 gamers have a little more fun this month. And we know free trades can go a long way for Goozers. Here are the details about free trades for PS3 & Blu-ray Goozers:

-Free trades for any member that has completed a trade for at least one PS3 or Blu-ray item prior to May 9, 2011

-Users must have a feedback score greater than zero

-Free trades ends on May 31, 2011

"Free trades" means you don't need a trading token to buy a game or movie on Goozex.com. Hurry up!

[quote name='jza1218']Title is a bit wrong, all trades are free as long as you've traded a ps3 game or bluray.[/QUOTE]
No all trades require a token, which currently cost $2 a trade. Trading is free till the end of the month

wait goozex went up to 2 dollars a trade?

also be careful with your active list--I had the borderlands 2 map pack disc as active, but i had no tokens--i forgot to remove from my active list, as i got borderlands game of the year-about a month and half ago

And now i was told that its on the way being shipped-guy already printed a label and everything-so ill just ebay it or trade in, but yeah i no longer wanted that.

[quote name='youenvy']wait goozex went up to 2 dollars a trade?

also be careful with your active list--I had the borderlands 2 map pack disc as active, but i had no tokens--i forgot to remove from my active list, as i got borderlands game of the year-about a month and half ago

And now i was told that its on the way being shipped-guy already printed a label and everything-so ill just ebay it or trade in, but yeah i no longer wanted that.[/QUOTE]
^^^ yeah they doubled the price at the end of last year

gave up on goozex after one bad transaction. well i really dont know whose fault it is. either the seller or the mail man.

i ordered call of duty black ops. the tracking online says that its delivered, but the game is nowhere to be found lol..

the tracking online also only gives the city, but no address; so the seller couldve just mailed a random cheap item to any address in my area, because the address wont be recorded.

i spoke with the manager at my local post office and she thought that im the one thats lying wtf??? maybe i shouldnt have told her it was a video game, because thats what probably made her lose interest in helping me.

[quote name='Havok83']^^^ yeah they doubled the price at the end of last year[/QUOTE]

damn i haven't used goozex in a while.

but im looking at it right now and am thinking of picking up
mass effect, bayonetta, demo souls and F.e.a.r or could i just skip to f.e.a.r. 2. as i don't know how important the first story is and am afraid the graphics might look bad now.

some of the games ive never played but have been meaning to pick up, was thinking of getting them from gamestops b2g1 free yesterday.

Goozex is horrible at solving problems if you face any. They basically don't give a damn.
Their system has more cons than pros. I can't think of any good reason why you would use it.
It's only good to make a quick trade-in and use the point to get another game.

[quote name='Havok83']No all trades require a token, which currently cost $2 a trade. Trading is free till the end of the month[/QUOTE]

I meant all trades this month.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Goozex is horrible at solving problems if you face any. They basically don't give a damn.
Their system has more cons than pros. I can't think of any good reason why you would use it.
It's only good to make a quick trade-in and use the point to get another game.[/QUOTE]

Just to add my two cents; I've had two problems with sellers not sending a game, both times Goozex resolved the problem and refunded my points/tokens, and moved me back to the front of the que for each game. Two bad trades out of 60+ is pretty damn good in my book. But as I said, each time I had a problem, Goozex took care of it right away. I've been using Goozex for over three years, I highly recommend it.

[quote name='wastedyears']Just to add my two cents; I've had two problems with sellers not sending a game, both times Goozex resolved the problem and refunded my points/tokens, and moved me back to the front of the que for each game. Two bad trades out of 60+ is pretty damn good in my book. But as I said, each time I had a problem, Goozex took care of it right away. I've been using Goozex for over three years, I highly recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. All issues I've had were resolved to satisfaction. My only complaint is that the customer service is a tad to slow, but I still recommend then.

i have nothing against goozex. its just that, after having that one bad transaction, i just completely lost interest in the site. thats all.

but hey i learned something new.

if you ship something, the online tracking will only show the city! so if im feeling like a jerk, ill just ship some useless junk to some random address near the buyer's address and nothing can be done against me! because the post office have no record of the address that it was delivered to... well unless the seller creates the label online via usps or paypal i guess i dunno..

Edit: well this thread shouldn't be about me.. So yea enjoy this deal guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a veteran user of Goozex for roughly 3-4 years now and I can easily say Goozex is the best game trading website (better than CAG even, tho I haven't tried Gametz). Every bad trade I've had with Goozex has been dealt with by their support team in a fair amount of time (considering they are a small business with not many employees).

I only pay $1 per token. If you are veteran enough with their site, they give you a discount, which is nice. Keeps the heavy traders going =).

You get a much much better trade in deal out of your games on Goozex and if you don't mind waiting for new releases (or not being lazy and getting in the queue the day they come out), it's a great system.

Yay, I have traded exactly one PS3 game in my years on Goozex!

My queue is now full of PS3 games. Hopefully I remember to empty them come June 1st

[quote name='giantqtipz']gave up on goozex after one bad transaction. well i really dont know whose fault it is. either the seller or the mail man.

i ordered call of duty black ops. the tracking online says that its delivered, but the game is nowhere to be found lol..

the tracking online also only gives the city, but no address; so the seller couldve just mailed a random cheap item to any address in my area, because the address wont be recorded.

i spoke with the manager at my local post office and she thought that im the one thats lying wtf??? maybe i shouldnt have told her it was a video game, because thats what probably made her lose interest in helping me.[/QUOTE]

Probably stolen by the mailman or some kid that got into your mail.

[quote name='manasteel88']Yay, I have traded exactly one PS3 game in my years on Goozex!

My queue is now full of PS3 games. Hopefully I remember to empty them come June 1st[/QUOTE]

If you qualify, ALL games can be requested without a token.

As for my personal experience with Goozex, I'm on the positive side. I've never had a problem with the site. I've moved the majority of my trading from here to Goozex. GameTZ gets the rest. I haven't used CAG in years.

I've used goozex several times and never had a problem.

That being said free trades to ps3 users is completely discriminatory. I'm going to call the wahhhhmbulance cause as an xbox player I'm being screwed here.

Been using Goozex for a while now... and ive sent alot of stuff out.. but I barely ever get anything sent my way.. I mean everything moderately new takes forever...

I must of gone for a stretch of months where i did not get single item

[quote name='Havok83']No all trades require a token, which currently cost $2 a trade. Trading is free till the end of the month[/QUOTE]

You're title is still wrong. As long as you've traded a ps3 or blu-ray game to someone else ALL of your trades are free till the end of the month, not just ps3 and blu-ray titles.

This is an amazing deal. I have traded for hundreds of games on Goozex and have very rarely had a problem. The times I have had issues Goozex took a very neutral stance usually refunding both parties. Seems fair to me.

Agreed. I just got a Wii game as a free trade, no token needed.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']You're title is still wrong. As long as you've traded a ps3 or blu-ray game to someone else ALL of your trades are free till the end of the month, not just ps3 and blu-ray titles.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='guyver2077']Been using Goozex for a while now... and ive sent alot of stuff out.. but I barely ever get anything sent my way.. I mean everything moderately new takes forever...

I must of gone for a stretch of months where i did not get single item[/QUOTE]
That's my problem too. Games I want are not available.

[quote name='mike95']That's my problem too. Games I want are not available.[/QUOTE]

At first (I joined last month) I ran into that problem, but in the last week I've had Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor, Blur and Portal 2 sent to me.

[quote name='aylien']Agreed. I just got a Wii game as a free trade, no token needed.[/QUOTE]

It must have been in effect for awhile now too. I was wondering why last week I got two 360
games sent to me but wasn't charged trade tokens, I figured I just got really really lucky

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']If you didn't have to pay to trade, i would've joined Goozex a while ago. I'll stick with GameTZ, which i've been using for almost 5 years now.[/QUOTE]

GameTZ is a good site but it's filled with people that think they should get the new hotness for Crackdown. I can't tell you how many times I've been offered a completely lopsided trade because "it was a match in the system."

Also, GameTZ limits you to 5 offers in a 24 hour period unless you pay. The owner did it to entice people into subscribing but it just means less offers and less trades.

Goozex is the easiest thing out there. No negotiations. No haggling. No butthurt feelings if an offer is declined. I'll gladly take all that for a $1 a trade.

[quote name='depascal22']GameTZ is a good site but it's filled with people that think they should get the new hotness for Crackdown. I can't tell you how many times I've been offered a completely lopsided trade because "it was a match in the system."

Also, GameTZ limits you to 5 offers in a 24 hour period unless you pay. The owner did it to entice people into subscribing but it just means less offers and less trades.

Goozex is the easiest thing out there. No negotiations. No haggling. No butthurt feelings if an offer is declined. I'll gladly take all that for a $1 a trade.[/QUOTE]

Had no idea about the trade limit. I've pretty much subscribed from day one, since subtime is transferrable. I've traded subtime for lower wants of mine many times. Atleast there is a free option on GameTZ, goozex, there is none.

[quote name='sixteenvolt420']Had no idea about the trade limit. I've pretty much subscribed from day one, since subtime is transferrable. I've traded subtime for lower wants of mine many times. Atleast there is a free option on GameTZ, goozex, there is none.[/QUOTE]

You can earn free trade tokens by playing in Goozex Game Nights every week. A token a week ought to be enough to keep most people going.

Myself, I am digging the free trades. I've matched on 14 things so far.

one REALLY bad thing about goozex is that they dont protect buyers like ebay does

at one point, i requested fable III and the user sent it with delivery confirmation. i never got it but delivery confirmation said it was delivered. so goozex never refunded me the 1000 points and my token.

thats basically 61 or 62 dollars gone. didnt matter that i had over 50 positive trades at that point. at the end, they stopped responding to my emails and just left me out to dry.

[quote name='comeon83']one REALLY bad thing about goozex is that they dont protect buyers like ebay does

at one point, i requested fable III and the user sent it with delivery confirmation. i never got it but delivery confirmation said it was delivered. so goozex never refunded me the 1000 points and my token.

thats basically 61 or 62 dollars gone. didnt matter that i had over 50 positive trades at that point. at the end, they stopped responding to my emails and just left me out to dry.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm missing something here, but if delivery confirmation shows it was delivered, then really what would you expect Goozex to do? Seems more of an issue for your local post office. Did you ever try contacting them?

Goozex is awesome. I got Tales of Vesperia and Oblivion GOTY for 360 this week for 1150 pts. I traded an Epic mickey (19.99 amazon) for 1000 pts. Where else can you do a trade like that? I'm at 50 games received this month. These free tokens/trades came on a perfect month!

Don't buy pts from goozex. Flip games for pts. amazon, target clearance, gamestop sales etc
Don't use goozex shipping. Paypal shipping is a dollar less. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now
Keep all your bubble mailers and reuse them.
Make a huge list of wants/requests and put them on hold so by the time it's your turn on the queue you can decide then if you want it. Plus you can wait till the price drops to a point you are happy with.
I put every game I own on my offers list and put it on hold. It takes time for some games to be available to trade so you might as well get on the list as quickly as you can.

This is a better deal than I originally thought bc its free trades for everything as long as you've traded a PS3 or bluray before

[quote name='dys006']You can earn free trade tokens by playing in Goozex Game Nights every week. A token a week ought to be enough to keep most people going.

Myself, I am digging the free trades. I've matched on 14 things so far.[/QUOTE]How does the game nights thing work? how do they keep track of who does/ doesn't do it?

it's a great place to use if you don't mind the wait...
since my record pretty much speaks for itself, i thought that i reached a crazy feedback milestone, like a the founder's club or similar rank just because i flip more things there than a pancake chef...
suffice to say that i was sitting on quintuple digits when i found out about this, so this has been a good month...
and what the other guy said about the tokens is true, tho the best time to get in on those was when they had a gift card sale early last year, i filled up on tokens then, to the tune of ~.50 per? only problem was you had to buy them in sets of 100 or 50...

yea I looked at this site, I'd rather just deal with CAG- sending games out for "points" I cant redeem for what and when i want is borderline scam :O

Goozex requires patience to use it properly, but it provides the best value for your games, especially low value ones. There are faster options, but it almost always means that you squat for your games. I've sent 92 items and received 75.

[quote name='hellhunde']Goozex requires patience to use it properly, but it provides the best value for your games, especially low value ones. There are faster options, but it almost always means that you squat for your games. I've sent 92 items and received 75.[/QUOTE]

209th for black ops... free trade will be long gone

im not buying 5 damn tokens

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']209th for black ops... free trade will be long gone

im not buying 5 damn tokens[/QUOTE]

Why not use your points to pick up oldies but goodies? You can continue moving up the queue for Black Ops while you play something else.

[quote name='Toss']Don't buy pts from goozex. Flip games for pts. amazon, target clearance, gamestop sales etc
Don't use goozex shipping. Paypal shipping is a dollar less. https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now
Keep all your bubble mailers and reuse them.
Make a huge list of wants/requests and put them on hold so by the time it's your turn on the queue you can decide then if you want it. Plus you can wait till the price drops to a point you are happy with.
I put every game I own on my offers list and put it on hold. It takes time for some games to be available to trade so you might as well get on the list as quickly as you can.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the tips.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']yea I looked at this site, I'd rather just deal with CAG- sending games out for "points" I cant redeem for what and when i want is borderline scam :O[/QUOTE]

dont forget that they can put your account on hold and hold your points ransom at any time

[quote name='steve nash']dont forget that they can put your account on hold and hold your points ransom at any time[/QUOTE]

why would they do that?

bread's done
Back