* * * * * 2 votes

RULES - Please Read Before Posting/Participating

#61 FatBoyInside   Money costs too much CAGiversary!   2542 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

FatBoyInside

Posted 18 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

I've never done any lowball bidding. what do I do? just reply to topic with a higher bid than the previous?

Pretty much.  Just list the item you want with a bid you feel comfortable with.

#62 dv8mad   Fulfilling CAGiversary!   6508 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

Hey all! It looks like the quantity of lowballs has fallen dramatically. 

I'm interested in how things have been going these past few years. Anyone have any idea as to why lowball activity has suffered a drop off?

Based on the updates in the lowball thread, It looks to me like only half a dozen have been run this whole year? Is that the case?

Let's brainstorm on how to bring lowballs back! I still believe they are good for the seller AND the buyers.

#63 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10746 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

People haven't been running them. Lots of new people around CAG.

I think they are still great and I love multi user hosted lowballs

#64 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8794 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:04 AM

Hope I can get an answer here - I can run digital lowball auctions, right? I got a bunch of Steam keys I want to sell off for cheap.

Also, where would I be able to advertise the auctions? Just on my sig, or any other places?

#65 Thatguy1513   Him again.... CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Thatguy1513

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:42 AM

Hope I can get an answer here - I can run digital lowball auctions, right? I got a bunch of Steam keys I want to sell off for cheap.

Also, where would I be able to advertise the auctions? Just on my sig, or any other places?

Yes people have low balled digital codes in the past. Many people hosting a lowball will also bump a general trade thread once a day with a link to their lowball in the OP.

#66 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8794 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

Yes people have low balled digital codes in the past. Many people hosting a lowball will also bump a general trade thread once a day with a link to their lowball in the OP.

I'm just scared that a mod will warn me or something for advertising the auction. Yay paranoia!

#67 dv8mad   Fulfilling CAGiversary!   6508 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

A warning is just that, a warning. If you get one. heed it. 

No reason to be paranoid about it. If there is a thread that it isn't off topic, it should be OK to be posted once. But, yeah, your trade thread and sig are good resources! Just remember to abide by the standard bump limit whereever you post.

#68 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8794 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

I should've asked, am I allowed to block specific people from bidding on my auction? (If a mod needs me to explain, I will, in private.) :\