(dead)BestBuy.com: Ultimate Matrix Collection (blu ray) $29.99

OMFG, witht he 5 off coupon i can get this at 24.99 before tax! still cheaper than gohastings! Gonna make a stop again after i am done watching Avatar Extended Collector's and Back to t he Future Tril i picked up today.

Looks pretty YMMV if the price isn't $30 in store, since the coupon specifically says it can't be used on BB.com purchases including in-store pickup.

Still, at $30 it's tempting to replace my HD-DVD set.

Where is this $5 coupon? All I've seen is the trade in a DVD get $5 off of a list of eligible blu rays (on which the Ultimate Matrix Collection is not listed)

Of interest to me. Tagging for now.

EDIT: People seem to be having luck PM'ing Back to the Future with Target's price and using the coupon. Perhaps there is hope... I guess it depends on how lucky you can get on not getting a supervisor watch you try to use a coupon on top of a price match or get a newbie cashier.

rally need to pick this up. just got the BTTF trilogy today for $14,99....getting this.two great trilogys on blu for $40? hells ya. And yes I know the Animatrix is included too...but i dont consider that part of the series.

In for one, best price I have seen ever for the whole set. Although 20 would be a better price point, i dont see this set hitting that anytime soon.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']God these bluray deals are going to make me broke. I really only liked the first matrix but it seems sensible to get the set. Is each movie in its own case?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure they're all in slim cases.

and this is about the cheapest i've seen this set since i can't remember who had it for sale for about $22 or so. i missed that one, though. anyone remember that or know if those orders were ever completed?

[quote name='imacgod']Of interest to me. Tagging for now.

EDIT: People seem to be having luck PM'ing Back to the Future with Target's price and using the coupon. Perhaps there is hope... I guess it depends on how lucky you can get on not getting a supervisor watch you try to use a coupon on top of a price match or get a newbie cashier.[/QUOTE]

It's easy. Just do this:

Pick the item out and take it up to the register in one hand, Have coupon and wallet with BBRZ card out in other hand. When prompted, hand over ONLY RZ card. Just before cashier hits "Total" (right after scanning) when you see the price pop up - mention the price on BB.com and request them to price match it. The cashier will verify the price via a kiosk connected to BB.com, adjust the price and call for manager override. The manager will come over, enter secret national security code and promptly trot off.

THEN, show the rest of your hand - after the manager walks away. Say "I have a coupon today". The cashier may glance at it, and if they say it will not work, just ask them politely to try it since you are a RZ member. The $5 total will then come off and you will pay. The cashier will stand in shock and awe in a robotic tone say "Have a nice day".

Then you can go about your business.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']God these bluray deals are going to make me broke. I really only liked the first matrix but it seems sensible to get the set. Is each movie in its own case?[/QUOTE]Same here, the first one is one of my favorite movies, while the rest of it was pretty cool. But for $24.99 after PMing and a coupon, hell yeah! this collection for this price is a must buy for me.

And yes each movie is in its own slim blu ray case. Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions, Animatrix, all in blu ray and The Matrix Experience is 2 discs DVD but still in the same looking slim blu ray case.

[quote name='pandarus']pretty sure they're all in slim cases.

and this is about the cheapest i've seen this set since i can't remember who had it for sale for about $22 or so. i missed that one, though. anyone remember that or know if those orders were ever completed?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was amazon UK, and those orders were fulfilled. I got my set (region 0 so it plays all regions) for $20.xx or $21.xx, however that set does not include the Animatrix. Everything else though is the same as this set.

Oh and if it doesn't ring up at $29.99, my recommendation is having the cashier scan the $5 Best Buy coupon before attempting the BB.com pricematch. That way, when the price gets adjusted, it will automatically take the $5 extra off the new price for $24.99 out the door. That's how it worked with the BTTF trilogy this morning.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']So, can I print this coupon out and present to the cashier without no problem??? :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I've used quite a few already, including 5 in one transaction. YMMV for all multi-coupon transactions though, of course, but it works automatically on every DVD or blu ray (movie TV or otherwise) priced $14.99 or higher, whether on sale or not.

[quote name='karkyco']Yes. I've used quite a few already, including 5 in one transaction. YMMV for all multi-coupon transactions though, of course, but it works automatically on every DVD or blu ray (movie TV or otherwise) priced $14.99 or higher, whether on sale or not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks dude, will def use it tomorrow to pick up the set!!!

I hope the sale lasts through the week. I want to use the $10 credit from LA Noire but don't get that until Friday.

WBshop.com had it for around this price after discount last fall as well, that's when I got mine (and it took weeks and weeks to fulfill). Haven't even opened it!

I've got the Ultimate collection on DVD and the Complete collection on HD-DVD. Hmm...I wonder if they're ever going to release The Animatrix on standalone BD. That's the only thing I'm really missing in HD; not sure it's worth buying this whole set just for that.

[quote name='karkyco']Yes. I've used quite a few already, including 5 in one transaction. YMMV for all multi-coupon transactions though, of course, but it works automatically on every DVD or blu ray (movie TV or otherwise) priced $14.99 or higher, whether on sale or not.[/QUOTE]

I used two of them in one transaction. I price matched Target for BTTF and picked up Shawshank Redemption $21. Guess it depends on the cashier for the price match and coupon.

Shouldnt matter what cashier you get if your using a coupon and arent pricematcging as tge coupon cones off when sxanned even on sale prices. I too used 5 in one transaction.

Just got it for $26.89 after matching BB.com. Gave her the coupon before asking her to check the website. She said it wouldn't work but a manager told her if the system let it happen to do it. I have the 3 movies on DVD but have been eyeing the Blu set for awhile

Between this & BttF I'm pretty happy. Now if somebody would have a deal on the TMNT Blu set.

[quote name='sdcranford']Just got it for $26.89 after matching BB.com. Gave her the coupon before asking her to check the website. She said it wouldn't work but a manager told her if the system let it happen to do it. I have the 3 movies on DVD but have been eyeing the Blu set for awhile

Between this & BttF I'm pretty happy. Now if somebody would have a deal on the TMNT Blu set.[/QUOTE]

I myself am trying to save up enough WB Insider points to get the Turtles set for free. Got 2450 points right now, Need 3500 to get the set for free. If you have a lot of WB blus you may want to check the site out:

www.wbinsiderrewards.com

Though theres a lot of WB titles that don't qualify unfortunately.

ANyways back on topic, picked up the Marix set for $24.99 after coupon. :)

And whats with the guy saying something about digital copys not working? I didnt get any digital copy whatsoever.

I submitted this to Amazon for a PM. Seems like a lot of people on SD were doing it too, so maybe next week it will be this price at Amazon. That's cool for the people that are using the coupon on it though. If my closest BB wasn't an hour away, I'd go grab this and Legend of the Fist tomorrow, but with it being YMMV if they will let you use the coupon on the sale price and being that far a drive away, I'll pass and hope Amazon gets close to the price.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Nevermind, figured it out.

For those like me who hadn't seen the coupon elsewhere:

http://www.dealcatcher.com/images/printable/print_1307371378.pdf

$5 off 15+[/QUOTE]

LOL coupon says no copies - YMMV I'm sure, but I've printed coupons for BB before.

I'm with you other CAGs when I say "poor wallet". I've already picked up an Earforce DSS today... might have to pull the trigger on this and the BTTF trilogy. Oh, plus I have a bunch of TV seasons waiting to be picked up at my local Walmart.

I seriously need to take a break from CAG, lol.

Woot, just picked one up for $24.99 (No sales Tax in AK). It is pretty chancy is they will let you use the coupon, the cashier tried to balk about it, So i was like can we just try , if it dosnt allow it then cool, but if it does then BB must be okay with it. Lol even she couldnt deny that sound logic.

Well they ran out of copies @ the Rockaway, NJ BB. Hoping that amazon pm @ the end of the week. If not, I'll just get it @ bestbuy website.

about to go try to pick this up w/the coupon. picked up true grit for $10 yesterday after using a copy of the coupon on my phone, just had them punch in the SKU.

Picked up Lord of War, Ultimate Matrix Complete ($24.99 after $5 coupon) and the Negotiator.

Picked up the last copy of the box set too. The cashier could not believe the price it went to after coupon scanning. His eyes absolutely lit up.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']And yes I know the Animatrix is included too...but i dont consider that part of the series.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about Reloaded and Revolutions.

[quote name='180husher']I feel the same way about Reloaded and Revolutions.[/QUOTE]

lol....yah definitely could have just let matrix be a standaone film. I dont mind the third film but the secnd seemed pointless.

Got mine for $25+tax after PM'ing the website and $5 coupon. Considering all I wanted was Animatrix and The Matrix, I can deal with $5 more for the other two.

I got it today using the coupon for $24.99... it rang up $59.99 and they had to price match their website...

funny thing was I also tried to buy foo fighters new blu ray which is on sale for $17.99 and they told me I couldn't use the coupon for it!

[quote name='bearkiss']funny thing was I also tried to buy foo fighters new blu ray which is on sale for $17.99 and they told me I couldn't use the coupon for it![/QUOTE]
I've had trouble w/ movie coupons on concert/music DVDs/Blus in the past, too. I think they might be under a different category than movies

Thanks OP, I picked up the last one today at my semi local BB along with a BTTF Trilogy price matched to Target and used a coupon on each.

Amazon price drops to 27.99 with free shipping.
I guess this is close enough even if you get from BB store -$5 plus tax.

[quote name='cagfansub']Amazon price drops to 27.99 with free shipping.
I guess this is close enough even if you get from BB store -$5 plus tax.[/QUOTE]

That's dvd version

bread's done
Back