Gamestaq "Stores" update (+Exclusive 15% off coupon)

flooty333

CAGiversary!
Hey guys,

I've been quiet around CAG over the last couple months, but that's because we've been working hard on some of the features you guys were requesting.

We've noticed a lot of CAGs buying/selling on Gamestaq (especially selling) and wanted to give you guys 1st heads up on a new update for sellers we just rolled out today called My Store.

Now each user can setup their own "store" on Gamestaq! You can point people directly to your store on the site and sell your games faster. when someone buys from your "store"your copy sells instantly no matter where you may be in the queue. Best part is that your store is automatically created for you as you post games for sale on the site. Just head over to gamestaq.com/users/ or hover over your username in the upper right corner and click Profile from the drop down menu. Happy selling!

Another update we pushed up is a Financials section which will allow each user to see an exact statement of the money in and out of their account. check out the Financials tab in your dashboard .

As usual im here to help with any questions, comments, rants and the like.

Thanks!
Joe

EDIT: 15% off coupon for y'all - 'cheapy15' - https://www.gamestaq.com

Last edited by a moderator:
will stores be featured on the front page? You need a rotating feature of stores to get people in.

also, while I care about this: not a deal.

Yes. Definitely.
We have a couple ideas, one of them being maybe replacing the Activity feed with a Top Stores feed.
Any thoughts?

[quote name='confoosious']will stores be featured on the front page? You need a rotating feature of stores to get people in.

also, while I care about this: not a deal.[/QUOTE]

I see that he edited the OP, but the 15% is a deal. Now this thread can exist!

Also, just wanted to add that I really love the site. I've been ordering off of it for a while now and I've never had a single problem. In fact, I'd say it was excellent. (Never sold anything, but buying has been great) Now, if only Saints Row 1, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Bulletstorm, and NFS:Shift 2 would come in stock I could spend some money! Someone sell them!

Let me know what kind of monthly traffic you're getting and I may come back. I put up 7 games that had been released that month was top of the queue and not one sold.

[quote name='Progamer665']So, no matter who I buy from the game will always come with a disc in good condition and a manual?[/QUOTE]

Yup. Sellers are only allowed to post/ship games with good disc, original box art and manual.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']I see that he edited the OP, but the 15% is a deal. Now this thread can exist!

Also, just wanted to add that I really love the site. I've been ordering off of it for a while now and I've never had a single problem. In fact, I'd say it was excellent. (Never sold anything, but buying has been great) Now, if only Saints Row 1, Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, Bulletstorm, and NFS:Shift 2 would come in stock I could spend some money! Someone sell them![/QUOTE]

Awesome to hear!! Thanks for using the site and for the great post!

[quote name='ijustw1n']Let me know what kind of monthly traffic you're getting and I may come back. I put up 7 games that had been released that month was top of the queue and not one sold.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. When did that happen? Was it right when we relaunched?
If so you should def give it another try. We've been actively marketing to bring in buyers for a few months now.

[quote name='rockx4']First time using it, I placed a couple orders.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Thanks for giving us a shot. If there's anything I can answer for you just let me know.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Let me know what kind of monthly traffic you're getting and I may come back. I put up 7 games that had been released that month was top of the queue and not one sold.[/QUOTE]

What were the games? You either had bad luck or were selling 7 different Imagine games ;).

Hey flootman....i've been following you guys for a while....purchase a few games and I'm pleased so far. Delivery was quick and condition was very good

I'd like to try My Store but can you give me some pointers/help on how to promote my own store so I can get my games sold sooner? Do you guys have any ideas for us?

Thanks!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']hmmm 23 shipped for bulletstorm. TIV is around 20 on amazon, should i bite?[/QUOTE]

Are you going to play it, or just trade it in? If you are going to play it, I don't know if the TIV will hold at $20 long enough.

On a side note, you should play it since it is a refreshing change from other FPS and is good mindless fun!

[quote name='ejh1820']Hey flootman....i've been following you guys for a while....purchase a few games and I'm pleased so far. Delivery was quick and condition was very good

I'd like to try My Store but can you give me some pointers/help on how to promote my own store so I can get my games sold sooner? Do you guys have any ideas for us?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great feedback. Always good to hear we're doing a little something right!

Some quick ideas:
- You can add your store to your sig on sites like CAG.
- we'll begin randomly featuring seller stores on the homepage
- post it to your Facebook wall.
- post it to our Facebook wall
- u can create a buy/sell thread here on CAG and post each others stores

You guys can probably come up with more creative ways to take advantage of My Store.

I want to SMACK MYSELF SO HARD ATM!! first I was looking for coupons to save on Brink.....Couldn't find any on the first page of here nor google. After my search I said fuck it and bought Brink. 1...lemme say that again ONE minute after i purchase it I come back on here and see this coupon......fml. Is there any way to cancel?? and rebuy?

[quote name='e Skrilla']I want to SMACK MYSELF SO HARD ATM!! first I was looking for coupons to save on Brink.....Couldn't find any on the first page of here nor google. After my search I said fuck it and bought Brink. 1...lemme say that again ONE minute after i purchase it I come back on here and see this coupon......fml. Is there any way to cancel?? and rebuy?[/QUOTE]

Please don't hurt yourself! lol
Just cancelled your order. Youre clear to replace it with the coupon.

[quote name='flooty333']Please don't hurt yourself! lol
Just cancelled your order. Youre clear to replace it with the coupon.[/QUOTE]

Youuuu arrrre the best! Woot! 6 bucks saved! #Im cheap lol

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Are you going to play it, or just trade it in? If you are going to play it, I don't know if the TIV will hold at $20 long enough.

On a side note, you should play it since it is a refreshing change from other FPS and is good mindless fun![/QUOTE]

He can beat bulletstorm in 5 hours and trade it in for 20.

Is it just me or the Cheapy15 code doesn't work anymore? If it doesn't, I don't expect it to last forever but it was great while it lasted.

Yeah, the code no longer works. I'm sure they'll dole out another promo once we're approaching a major holiday or they come up with another update.

[quote name='mac101010']Yeah, the code no longer works. I'm sure they'll dole out another promo once we're approaching a major holiday or they come up with another update.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hope so too. I was just about to buy Dance Central and....code didn't work. A small part of me died, silently.

I have to say, I'm very impressed with Gamestaq's service. They sound like real people and prices are very competitive.. I listed my Dissidia 012 with them and no problem. I even asked them to list the original PSP Dissidia and they guy replied saying "I love that game!!! I'll let you know when it's listed." You can't substitute a human that enjoys video games. Nope. Never.

[quote name='Muthafodder']10DEAL for 10% off your cart total for new customers.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I picked up CoD4: MW. With the code it came to < $8.50 shipped :D

[quote name='Reiaze']Still waiting on my order. Has anyone received theirs yet?[/QUOTE]

Yikes, looks like you got matched with a bad seller or it got lost along the way. Did your tracking info update at all? If not, go ahead and fire off an email to their CS. You should've received it last week.

[quote name='mac101010']Did your tracking info update at all?[/QUOTE]
Nope, but it was through USPS, so that's normal. I've never had any luck tracking through them. No matter what the order, I always get the "U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on [date] to expect your package for mailing." page. Anyway..thanks for the reply, I'll contact CS :)

sorry to bump an old thread but what's going on with gamestaq? You can't search for anything and their support doesn't respond.

Anyone in the know?

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']hmmm 23 shipped for bulletstorm. TIV is around 20 on amazon, should i bite?[/QUOTE]

thats horrible a couple of days ago i saw for $8

The sell values are actually pretty good. You guys should have a user image submit thing for the games missing cover art, for instance Power Rangers Samurai. Otherwise its just a box with a price in the search. Hard to tell what you are looking at.

[quote name='confoosious']sorry to bump an old thread but what's going on with gamestaq? You can't search for anything and their support doesn't respond.

Anyone in the know?[/QUOTE]

I have the same concerns. I tried contacting them too with no response.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Lol you should really check when he commented.[/QUOTE]

lol i didnt check on the date , i blame on whoever bump an old thread

Looks like people are still buying and selling.

Also, someone must have cleaned out a Best Buy:

sirplue.jpg

hmmm seems like people everywhere are having problems. I don't know who is more screwed if they just shut down, the buyers or the sellers.

Sorry to bump an old thread. I don't know where else I should have posted this. I figured since the site still seemed to work that it was still being run properly.

I recently sold a couple games on there for a total of $27.59 after Gamestaq's fees but I haven't completely received the funds for either of them. The first one (sold on April 16th, shipped on April 17th) credited my Gamestaq account after their system confirmed it as shipped. I chose to cash it out to my Paypal that same day but have yet to receive the actual funds.

The second game was sold on April 20th and was shipped the same day. Gamestaq's system hasn't recognized it as shipped even though USPS's tracking shows it, therefore I haven't even had the funds credited to my Gamestaq account yet to have the ability to cash out to Paypal.

I sent an email to their support yesterday but in the meantime I decided to check here since I knew flooty333 was one of the people who ran the site. I'm normally not one to jump to conclusions or anything but I have found a few posts here of people having issues and another post claiming that Gamestaq is "pretty much dead" which has gotten me a little worried. I have also checked out their twitter and facebook and people are posting on their facebook wall that they are having issues but not hearing from Gamestaq's support at all.

Is anyone else having issues similar to mine? Or any at all for that matter? I know that it's not a lot of money at stake but it is my money. I don't understand why someone would continue to allow a site to run but not seem to support it. This all seems very unprofessional. As of posting this his profile says he was last online here on April 6th and his XBL profile says he was last seen 4 hours ago.

I realize I am jumping the gun here but I really don't like to be left in the dark, especially when my money is at stake. I do enjoy this site and I'd like to see it be successful but if things do go sour is there anything that I can do legally?

Probably not as it'd take more time and effort than the money you're owed.

But thanks for the report. I had one game on gamestaq and i guess it's time to take that one off too.

Patrick I'm in the same boat. I made a withdraw on April 10th without anything. Also contacted them via their email and through the facebook site a few times with no reply. I did a whois search and have a 212 contact number that I'm going to try tomorrow.

From my past experience with the site, the funds don't actually get added to your Gamestaq account until the item is completed as "Delivered", not simply "sent".

Additionally, the last time I cashed out, it did take almost a week before I received the money in my paypal account. I received a message from them shortly after saying they were behind on things (this was also during a holiday weekend).

[quote name='MRW2276']Patrick I'm in the same boat. I made a withdraw on April 10th without anything. Also contacted them via their email and through the facebook site a few times with no reply. I did a whois search and have a 212 contact number that I'm going to try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Please let us know how that goes.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']From my past experience with the site, the funds don't actually get added to your Gamestaq account until the item is completed as "Delivered", not simply "sent".

Additionally, the last time I cashed out, it did take almost a week before I received the money in my paypal account. I received a message from them shortly after saying they were behind on things (this was also during a holiday weekend).[/QUOTE]

https://gamestaq.com/faq says this:

"You will only receive payment once you’ve shipped. Please ship within 24 hours. If game is not shipped within 48 hours of acceptance, your transaction may be canceled and you will lose your sale."

And this:

"Once your game is delivered to the buyer, funds will be released to your Gamestaq Balance. You can then use your Gamestaq Balance to instantly buy other games on the site, or request to “Cash Out” and have your money transferred to your PayPal account. To do this, simply click the “Cash Out” button in the Financials section of your Dashboard and enter the amount you would like to withdraw and your PayPal email address. You will receive payment within 24 hours. We will be upgrading this feature in the near future to include instant payments."

So who knows..

The funds for the first game were posted to my Gamestaq account the day I shipped when it was recognized by Gamestaq's system. The second game isn't being recognized by their system as being shipped despite USPS's tracking showing that is has.

When exactly was the last time you cashed out? From what I have read this site went from good to not-so-good over the course of the last couple months or so.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']Please let us know how that goes.

https://gamestaq.com/faq says this:

"You will only receive payment once you’ve shipped. Please ship within 24 hours. If game is not shipped within 48 hours of acceptance, your transaction may be canceled and you will lose your sale."

And this:

"Once your game is delivered to the buyer, funds will be released to your Gamestaq Balance. You can then use your Gamestaq Balance to instantly buy other games on the site, or request to “Cash Out” and have your money transferred to your PayPal account. To do this, simply click the “Cash Out” button in the Financials section of your Dashboard and enter the amount you would like to withdraw and your PayPal email address. You will receive payment within 24 hours. We will be upgrading this feature in the near future to include instant payments."

So who knows..

The funds for the first game were posted to my Gamestaq account the day I shipped when it was recognized by Gamestaq's system. The second game isn't being recognized by their system as being shipped despite USPS's tracking showing that is has.

When exactly was the last time you cashed out? From what I have read this site went from good to not-so-good over the course of the last couple months or so.[/QUOTE]

I did sell quite a number of games on Gamestaq last year, I was even one of the "featured stores" when they came out, and every single time, I didn't get the funds until the game was actually delivered, so I would be more patient regarding that.

It has been a while, though. The last time I cashed out was on Nov 14th. It could very well be different now. I'd wait to worrying about cashing out until you get the funds from your next game, anyway.

The site was a good idea, it just has some poor execution issues and the model needs to be tweaked a bit. But from what it sounds like you're saying, it may be too late.

I never had a problem with cashouts ( until about late fall of 11). They have gotten slower on payouts since, but this by the far (nearly 2 weeks) is the worst it has been. Sold over 100 games there, but I basically took everything down I had listed after this last go around.

They are very bad/slow with payouts now. On the last couple games ive had to email them multiple times asking why my money is not in my paypal account...

bread's done
Back