PS Plus Free extra 30 Days - IF your Welcome Back PS+ subscription is expired

CaptainPiracy

CAGiversary!
Hey all!,

If you were like me and signed up for the PSN Plus on the welcome back package, you were a little bummed it came to an end. Anyway, I flipped on my PS3 today and saw it still said I was a Plus member in my status icon. Any time I tried to open up the items that were free under plus, they just froze or errored. I checked the expire date in my services and it said 07/03. So I was going to buy subscription for 3 months to finish up the games I got for free. So I went into the store and click the "EA Games Welcome Back" promo ad. In the ad the Playstation Plus subscription sub folder is at the top. I opened that and there was a "PS Plus 30 Days Free" option!! So I opened and hit "Get Now".. sure enough it went through. I checked my Services in transaction manager and BOOM.. extra month. Now I'm expiring on 08/02/2011.

See pictures below for evidence and steps! Receipt at bottom.
Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Check your Remaining Service

Receipt e-mail also below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your PlayStation(R)Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.

PlayStation(R)Store Receipt

Online ID CaptainPiracy
Name EDITED OUT

Order Number 240506XXXX

Date/Time Purchased 07/04/2011 @ 04:41 AM
Total Amount $0.00

Item / Service Details Price (Dollars)

IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS30DAYSFREE-UJ99 PlayStation(R)Plus: 30 Days Free Free

(Next Renewal Date: 08/02/2011 @ 07:46 PM)

Sub Total $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $0.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES--------------
PSN will make you turn on the Automatic funding for the wallet when you sign up for the free 30 days... you can turn it off immediately after.

To Turn off automatic funding:
On teh XMB highlight the "Playstation Network" group then go to:

Account Management
--> Transaction Management
--> Automatic Funding
--> Enter Password to turn it off / on

P.S. - shameless ask -
Please, if anyone has an Xbox 360 copy of the new Magic 2012 planeswalker game, I'd like the promo code for the free card if you don't want it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I signed up day 1. So it probably didn't pop back up for you since it's still active in your account. I confirmed against the first one I got and it's the same purchase item. So I guess I lucked out in getting it twice over! :) Hopefully some other DAY 1 sign ups can do the same.

Original Below.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your PlayStation(R)Store purchase.

A receipt of your purchase is below. Be sure to keep it in a safe place for future reference.

PlayStation(R)Store Receipt

Online ID CaptainPiracy
Name EDITED OUT

Order Number 22748XXXXX

Date/Time Purchased 06/03/2011 @ 07:46 PM
Total Amount $0.00

Item / Service Details Price (Dollars)

IP9101-NPIA90005_01-PSPLUS30DAYSFREE-UJ99 PlayStation(R)Plus: 30 Days Free Free

(Next Renewal Date: 07/03/2011 @ 07:46 PM)

Sub Total $0.00
Tax $0.00

Total $0.00

[quote name='mrbomb']Worked for me OP, thanks for posting this![/QUOTE]

You're welcome! :) I know a few CAGs would love this to finish up those freebies.

Thanks OP. Just worked for me as well, so I got a free month. I'm not complaining at all but itd be nice if we could get the 2 free games again, something went Error the first time I was trying and I got screwed out of one of my free ps3 games with the welcome back program. Love to see when things like this are discovered accidentally but can be used by others though, so thanks for passing this along

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Thanks OP. Just worked for me as well, so I got a free month. I'm not complaining at all but itd be nice if we could get the 2 free games again, something went Error the first time I was trying and I got screwed out of one of my free ps3 games with the welcome back program. Love to see when things like this are discovered accidentally but can be used by others though, so thanks for passing this along[/QUOTE]

Go to your subscriptions then SCEA Promotions to get the free games if you received an error when you first try to redeem them.

[quote name='jupiterjones']Tried it - no go. Followed the steps above, but nothing appeared in the spot you highlighted. Oh well, it was worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

I think this only works if your weren't a PS+ member before the "Welcome Back" program. I went to see if this would work on my other PS+ account which has been active for over a year and it was a no go.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Thanks OP. Just worked for me as well, so I got a free month. I'm not complaining at all but itd be nice if we could get the 2 free games again, something went Error the first time I was trying and I got screwed out of one of my free ps3 games with the welcome back program. Love to see when things like this are discovered accidentally but can be used by others though, so thanks for passing this along[/QUOTE]

Check your transactions in the Store.. you can probrably still download the games from there.

[quote name='isofan1']I think this only works if your weren't a PS+ member before the "Welcome Back" program. I went to see if this would work on my other PS+ account which has been active for over a year and it was a no go.[/QUOTE]

I was never a PS+ user until the welcome back program. It didn't work for me because I only just activated my free PS+ a few days ago.

[quote name='isofan1']I think this only works if your weren't a PS+ member before the "Welcome Back" program. I went to see if this would work on my other PS+ account which has been active for over a year and it was a no go.[/QUOTE]

Likely, since you should have just gotten the 30 day extension to your subscription. I only signed up for the free trial for the WB Package.

[quote name='nnthomas']I was never a PS+ user until the welcome back program. It didn't work for me because I only just activated my free PS+ a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

Yep, The store takes the item out of the list if you currently have it. Once it expires, it adds it back in for re-purchase. I KNOW it wasn't there yesterday, because I looked at the PLUS pricing.. but today after my subscription lapsed, it was back.

Totally worked for me. I actually went through the normal Welcome Back Program section in the Store, and PS+ was re-listed. Under Services, it does say I'm good until August something, and I had no problem launching Sonic 2. Thank you, CaptainPiracy! Good find.

Dunno about the auto-renewal thing. I think it's only if you have a credit card or paid previously. I have no options about automatic funding.

And the confirmation e-mail just arrived.

Thanks OP. Hopefully they'll put the import PS1 games back on sale at some point in the near future.

Nice find OP. I just went into the welcome back program, downloaded the ps plus, and just received the confirmation email. Thanks for the heads up.

Gonna have to try this out later today. I broke my damn hand a few days after Welcome Back started, and couldn't play games for about 3 weeks. I would love to get this extra month. Thanks! For the heads up!

I got to say im not thrilled this is how it turned out ~_~;; why cant some people shut up and be proactive?

I would also like to say clicking the welcome back banner and selecting plus works too.

The whole hacking thing was a ploy to make people feel bad for Sony. Their next step of the plan is working great too, hooking people on PS+ with their "free" games knowing that a large majority of the people will probably renew and buy a real subscription.

(jk of course)

awesome find. I was afraid I was going to lose my Uncharted beta as I signed up for PS+ the first day. Now I have service until August...

Mine says it expires today but it's still active. Since the Welcome Back offers will be available until 7/5 at 9AM PST, I might be able to do this tomorrow morning!

Here's hoping. :3

[quote name='JKSonic']The whole hacking thing was a ploy to make people feel bad for Sony. Their next step of the plan is working great too, hooking people on PS+ with their "free" games knowing that a large majority of the people will probably renew and buy a real subscription.

(jk of course)[/QUOTE]

:)

I liked plus, but I can't see paying 50 a year. Needs a few more premium options bundled. The cloud saves were nice, but when I first signed up I could transfer download and upload as many times as I wanted. If I upload my save before I go to a friends place I can't download it, unless I wait 24 hours? That's stupid. Why not gives us 60 tranfsers a month? One up and one down each day, but we could use them all in a day if we wanted. Make additional transfers like 2 bucks for 60 more.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Mine says it expires today but it's still active. Since the Welcome Back offers will be available until 7/5 at 9AM PST, I might be able to do this tomorrow morning!

Here's hoping. :3[/QUOTE]

Check your original ps plus sign up confirmation mail. It will have your expiration time for today. Mine was like 7:46 pm lol.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']So this only works if you signed up in the first day or two, eh? Kinda lame as I waited a while to redeem it...[/QUOTE]

In the same boat. I opted to wait since there was nothing on sale that I wanted right when the program launched.

Oh well.

Worked for me too, thanks OP. Also of note, PSN+ renewal adds an additional 3 months effective until 7/12 it looks like. So if you were absolutely enamored with it, you can get 15 months instead of 12 for $50.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']So this only works if you signed up in the first day or two, eh? Kinda lame as I waited a while to redeem it...[/QUOTE]

If you signed up the first day or two of what? I checked my Exp. Date and it said 1/5/2012. I can't remember if I signed up for ps+ right away or waited a bit, I think I signed up the month after.

does anybody know how to see when your subscription expires? Also, if my subscription exipres in say.. september.. and i pay for another year of ps+, does it extend it by a year effective september or effective as of today?

[quote name='skiizim']If you signed up the first day or two of what? I checked my Exp. Date and it said 1/5/2012. I can't remember if I signed up for ps+ right away or waited a bit, I think I signed up the month after.[/QUOTE]

This is for folks who signed up for the free 30 days during the welcome back. If it expired you can get another month till tomorrow. If you signed for for ps+ before the outage you got time lost + 30 days and you didn't have to do anything.

[quote name='Layzie0001']does anybody know how to see when your subscription expires? Also, if my subscription exipres in say.. september.. and i pay for another year of ps+, does it extend it by a year effective september or effective as of today?[/QUOTE]

On the xmb choose the psn.
Account mgmt. -> transaction mgmt -> services -> ps+

[quote name='CaptainPiracy']On the xmb choose the psn.
Account mgmt. -> transaction mgmt -> services -> ps+[/QUOTE]

hmm if i renew my subscription today.. does it add time from my expiration date in sept or does it start counting months from today?

Thanks a lot for this find! I'm a bit curious why the subscription was supposed to end on 7/3 and everyone on my list (along with me) still had ps+ logos. Maybe they meant to extend it another month anyways?

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Mine says it expires today but it's still active. Since the Welcome Back offers will be available until 7/5 at 9AM PST, I might be able to do this tomorrow morning!

Here's hoping. :3[/QUOTE]

Mine was supposed to end today too, but I just went to the Welcome Back page and was able to get the 30 days again.
Thanks for the find OP.

No free 30 days for me. Did you have to perhaps purchase a game during your trial? The only thing I did was get Streets of Rage 2 for free. My subscription is supposed to end today so maybe it'll show up later tonight. Oh well if it doesn't. I wasn't impressed with the service at all.

bread's done
Back