Dark and Light Themes are Coming to CAG 3.0 - Preview Inside

No doubt dark.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

And don't listen to any complainers. Everyone loves it as is right now besides that small percentage you are likely hearing from.

-FrankCastleAZ

Dark.. and I'd like to cite Maddox

I've chosen a black background for most of my text because it's easier on the eyes than staring at a white screen. Think about it: your monitor is not a piece of paper, no matter how hard you try to make it one. Staring at a white background while you read is like staring at a light bulb (don't believe me? Try turning off the lights next time you use a word processor). Would you stare at a light bulb for hours at a time? Not if you want to keep your vision.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=faq

Just add both so everyone can choose which they prefer. I have always hated sites that are light text on black backgrounds so I would much rather a light version. The green on black Matrix look needs to go.

If a strange woman asked you to buy her a fish sandwich in a Wendy's, would she be light or dark?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think light looks cleaner and more professional. At the very least an option to choose your background should be provided in CAG 3.0

Definately dark. It's much better to look at in the dark. A choice would be nice as depending on my mood I like light pages sometimes, but really I prefer dark.

Well, we will definitely have a light and dark version.

Maybe the dark version will look something like this:
[IMG-L=5838]23812[/IMG-L]

-

[quote name='CheapyD']Well, we will definitely have a light and dark version.

Maybe the dark version will look something like this:
[IMG-L=5838]23812[/IMG-L][/QUOTE]

Fix the green and the text and it'd be passable. Hopefully the end version is a bit more refined.

[quote name='dsingh2007']I think light looks cleaner and more professional. At the very least an option to choose your background should be provided in CAG 3.0[/QUOTE]Not to flame cheapy

but while I agree CAG isn't the most professional looking site out there I don't put that on the color. There are a lot of very very slick dark sites out there on the interwebs, and while I voted and will always vote for black. I would not be offended by an option.

I like dark because it has the feel of subversive underwater submarine controls. Would Snake Plissken or Solid Snake use a light interface? Not a chance.

[quote name='Rocko']That green is rough IMO. Not liking it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much that is my main complaint. The green is just too abrasive where it says IPS Community and 26 Replies to this topic. Also the text seems a little bit bold and bulky. That could just be me though.

Glad to see the topic text fixed though. Plus a couple of other minor improvements.

bread's done
Back