Sony Style store sale PS3 games $9.99 Restocked! [Canada]

Good luck finding a Sony store with more than 6 different titles. They should have been THE place for PS3 games.

Anyone know what shipping is like? I'm kinda interested in Dante's Inferno.

Their shipping rates page says that regular shipping is free. Maybe I'll have to grab this.

[quote name='bigdale']Good luck finding a Sony store with more than 6 different titles. They should have been THE place for PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Sony fail. The ones in Edmonton have a half decent selection, just a really shitty display, and stupid pricing. Every experienc I've had shopping or browsing at the Sony Store had been ruined by terrible customer service.

Free shipping? I might bite once I peek at the list again.

I saw the Singstar Vol.2 bundle in Square One on the weekend, but it was listed at $19.99 in store.

Bought Terminator Salvation, great deal since shipping is free. Things are running out fast though.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Anyone know what shipping is like? I'm kinda interested in Dante's Inferno.

Their shipping rates page says that regular shipping is free. Maybe I'll have to grab this.[/QUOTE]
So did you purchase Dante's? Just a head's up but the box is the PSP version, but the description isn't very specific. Did you want the PSP or PS3 version?

I noticed that, but I looked close and the item code started with PS3 and the original price said $69.99. I found the PSP version on their site with an item code starting PSP and original price of $44.99, so I think I'm safe. It's the PS3 version I wanted. Thanks for lookin out.

Argh.. Out of stock on most good games, I'm late to this one =/ Picked up Dante's Inferno and Terminator Salvation for 22.38 with tax. Really wish I coulda gotten one of the God of war collection + controller bundles... =\

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CACG']Argh.. Out of stock on most good games, I'm late to this one =/ Picked up Dante's Inferno and Terminator Salvation for 22.38 with tax. Really wish I coulda gotten one of the God of war collection + controller bundles... =\[/QUOTE]

Good luck with terminator. :x

Warning to those who purchased Dante, there's a circle of tape over the top and bottom of the slipcase sleeve and the tape on the front-bottom is right over some foil that will easily rip off with the tape. Leave that tape on the bottom front, I was able to get it off the other 3 points without trouble.

Got Terminator just now, but disappointed Sony couldn't find a BIGGER box to deliver the game in. The thing was about 12x6x6 inches for a single PS3 game. Screw the environment! ;)

My game came in a massive box too, it was full of air bags with the game at the bottom. They could have at least put the game in the middle and surround it with airbags.

They have Facebreaker for $5.99, think I'll bite for such a great, rare game that never goes on sale anywhere

drool.gif

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']All good games sold out again, missed it again. RFD effect full on.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Too bad I missed yakuza 3. 14.99 for heavy rain is quite average.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']They have Facebreaker for $5.99, think I'll bite for such a great, rare game that never goes on sale anywhere

drool.gif
[/QUOTE]

OMG, Facebreaker actually sold out :lol:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']OMG, Facebreaker actually sold out :lol:[/QUOTE]
Seems like they found the sweet spot, if they'd only priced this game at $5.99 at launch then I guess it'd have been a big success. :applause:

[quote name='SickBoy']I like the sale pricing on MAG: $30 w/Bluetooth headset, $40 without.[/QUOTE]
I saw a bunch at GameStop that's also $30.

[quote name='Mr.']I saw a bunch at GameStop that's also $30.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking of getting that from the Sony sale but then saw it at Gamestop, so got it there instead :p

My package should have arrived today... but the Purolator douchebag didn't even ring my door bell. He just left a slip saying that no one was home when he tried to deliver. Now I have to go pick it up from their warehouse. Should I complain when I go? I think it's ridiculous that they wouldn't ring a doorbell.. maybe I'm just grumpy because I didn't get my games..

[quote name='OmegaChaos']Are they going to restock again soon? I want Just Cause 2 & Bayonetta.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them to ask if they were planning to restock again, they replied..

"Dear Customer,

At this time it’s hard to tell, but likely not. To confirm product availability and promotions please call us toll-free at 1-888-289-7669 (option # 1 for English and option # 6 for Sales) or respond to this email as we’d be happy to help.

Thank you for your inquiry and support of Sony products!

Regards,

Sony Style Canada"

[quote name='CACG']I emailed them to ask if they were planning to restock again, they replied..

"Dear Customer,

At this time it’s hard to tell, but likely not. To confirm product availability and promotions please call us toll-free at 1-888-289-7669 (option # 1 for English and option # 6 for Sales) or respond to this email as we’d be happy to help.

Thank you for your inquiry and support of Sony products!

Regards,

Sony Style Canada"[/QUOTE]

Well, that sucks. Most of the Sony Stores in Canada have a horrible display. I should go check out the one near me, just encase they might have those games.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Of course they wont restock thats why its called CLEARANCE.[/QUOTE]

"PlayStation® Sales Event
Save up to 80% on select PS inventory now!"

I know it's technically a clearance since they're letting these go for really low prices, but they don't mention CLEARANCE anywhere ;)

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Of course they wont restock thats why its called CLEARANCE.[/QUOTE]

Wow.. Maybe read the thread before making yourself look like an ass. The sale WAS RESTOCKED ONCE ALREADY, IT'S EVEN IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD. I CAN USE CAPS TOO!!!!!!!!111111111

As far as I understood, they restocked as in, adding new products. Not refilling soldout products. So I wouldn't count on anything coming back.

Has anybody actually seen these prices instore? I popped into a store on the first day and spotted some controller bundles I didn't want that didn't appear to be on sale, so I don't really think these are anywhere except the site... But I didn't ask about the controller bundles I didn't want, so...?

[quote name='CACG']Wow.. Maybe read the thread before making yourself look like an ass. The sale WAS RESTOCKED ONCE ALREADY, IT'S EVEN IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD. I CAN USE CAPS TOO!!!!!!!!111111111[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any restocked games of the ones that are sold out from previous week. More games on clearance list, yes.

[quote name='ragnar14']As far as I understood, they restocked as in, adding new products. Not refilling soldout products. So I wouldn't count on anything coming back.

Has anybody actually seen these prices instore? I popped into a store on the first day and spotted some controller bundles I didn't want that didn't appear to be on sale, so I don't really think these are anywhere except the site... But I didn't ask about the controller bundles I didn't want, so...?[/QUOTE]

I happened to go in store the day the sale started (didn't know about the sale) and I saw the Singstar bundle for $19.99 instead of $9.99 as it was listed on their site. Didn't check the price either, so that's a very valid question...

[quote name='CACG']Wow.. Maybe read the thread before making yourself look like an ass. The sale WAS RESTOCKED ONCE ALREADY, IT'S EVEN IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD. I CAN USE CAPS TOO!!!!!!!!111111111[/QUOTE]

lol, As someone explained well, they added new games to the sale, but never restocked. There wont be any restock. ;)

Ive read the thread, and I think youre the one looking like an arse.

[quote name='ragnar14']As far as I understood, they restocked as in, adding new products. Not refilling soldout products. So I wouldn't count on anything coming back.

Has anybody actually seen these prices instore? I popped into a store on the first day and spotted some controller bundles I didn't want that didn't appear to be on sale, so I don't really think these are anywhere except the site... But I didn't ask about the controller bundles I didn't want, so...?[/QUOTE]

If youre lucky enough to find these instore (most of them are not) just point them to the price of the website and they should adjust no problem.

A bunch of people on RFD are reporting their orders are being cancelled, so I guess that's somewhat comforting for everyone else who missed out.

Now I'm glad I got my order completed. Bayonetta, GRID and Yakuza 3 all arrived yesterday. Got my order in a couple minutes after Eoyote posted.

Just a quick note, Purolator is not supposed to leave electronics at the door. I have a SNR sticker on my door but the guy left me a slip. Got them to redeliver because the center was too far and got it the next day.

just received my games today. Terminator, and Dante's inferno. Wish I coulda got to the sale before the good stuff was gone. The copy of Dante's Inferno I got was the Divine Edition with a nice cardboard cover sleeve, is that normal or did I get lucky?

bread's done
Back