Anyone still have an obscene PS2 rpg backlog??

EdgeOfThorns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
My backlog in general is just out of this world but the ps2 rpg side of it is still incredible, so many games just still beggining, wanting, to be played :lol:

What about you guys, who has a fairly large ps2 backlog still?

i still got FFXII, Grandia III, Star Ocean, Kingdom Hearts 2, Sakura Wars, Persona 3 and 4, Disgaea not to mention a bunch of other ps2 game that arent rpgs it would also help if I actually had my ps2 on hand, or if the PS3 had backwards compatibility, i see this backlog extending into my 50s

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']My backlog in general is just out of this world but the ps2 rpg side of it is still incredible, so many games just still beggining, wanting, to be played :lol:

What about you guys, who has a fairly large ps2 backlog still?[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to answer this with: yes, my backlog is just crushing................

Mine is huge and also includes a PS1 RPG Backlog.. Backloggery is blocked from work where I can see what exact count is but feel free to click on the link below and tell me.

I have such a huge backlog that it broke my bank (or at least contributed to it) that I can't afford a current gen console (actually I need to save for a car). Not to mention that I don't have enough time to game.
My list includes:

1. Persona 4
  2. Eternal Poison
  3. Disgaea 2
  4. Sakura Wars
  5. Kingdom Hearts II
  6. Digital Devil Saga I
  7. Digital Devil Saga II
  8. Devil Summoner 2
  9. Rogue Galaxy
  10. Ar Tonelico
  11. Baroque
  12. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
  13. Champions of Norrath
  14. Fullmetal Alchemist 2
  15. Grandia II
  16. Growlanser Generations
  17. .hack 1
  18. .hack 2
  19. .hack//GU 1
  20. .hack//GU 2
  21. Mana Khemia
  22. Odin Sphere
  23. Shadow Hearts: From the New World
  24. Star Ocean
  25. Suikoden V
  26. Tales of the Abyss
As you can see I've got a lot of game hours earmarked. And I am missing a few of the .hack games, which I am not sure if I will get.
This doesn't even include the non-RPG backlog or the games I want to play again pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, I have a huge one. I'll try to list everything.

Ar tonelico
Ar tonelico II
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
Dragon Quest VIII
Eternal Poison
Final Fantasy X-2
Grandia III
Growlanser Generations
Growlanser: Heritage of War
.hack/G.U. Vol. 1
.hack/G.U. Vol. 2
.hack/G.U. Vol. 3
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Phantasy Star Universe
Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus
Rogue Galaxy
Sakura Wars
Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Wild ARMs Alter Code: F
Wild ARMs 3
Wild ARMs 4
Wild ARMs 5
Xenosaga Episode I
Xenosaga Episode II
Xenosaga Episode III

Those are the ones I haven't finished yet, though I'm very close to beating Persona 4, Final Fantasy X-2, and Wild ARMs 5. Pretty far into Dragon Quest VIII too.

Phantasy Star Universe I'll probably play on :360: instead and I've been working on the :psp: version of Persona 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
same here, i just don't have the time anymore, so i am starting to get rid of a lot of my games. i only have time for really good games, just cant waste it on these crappy rpgs anymore like breath of fire dragon quarter, played a little didn't like what i played, so it can go. have a bunch of rpgs for the ps2 still. lets see here are all the rpgs. are there any that suck so bad i shouldn't play? dark cloud 2 disgaea disgaea 2 la pucelle tactics phantom brave suikoden tactics suikoden 5 persona 4 dragon quest 8 eternal poisen magna carta mana khemia mana khemia 2 rogue galaxy shadow hearts: covenant SMT: devil summoner 2, unlimited saga wild arms alter code f

Yeap. The PS2 backlog in my collect outpaces all my console games. I think I have over 20+ games in the backlog for the PS2, where as I have about 100+ disc based 360 games and played them all to a great extent. The problem? PS2 had a lot of rather good RPGS, and those are more time consuming, where as 360 doesn't have as many big RPGs, let alone JRPGs.

I've got quite a few left over. I just finished Xenosaga II a few days ago and started III. I kinda wish I had skipped the first game though- it was really weak. The second one was pretty good but man, III puts the others to shame.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']http://www.gamingoutsiders.com/inde...st-when-you-see-it-together-is-so-incredible/

Check that post i made recently...it has a link to a list of ps2 rpgs and man what a gorgeous and heavenly list it is guys![/QUOTE]

The rankings by rating is actually fairly close to how I'd rate the games I've beaten thus far (except Shadow Hearts is WAY too low and Tales of the Abyss is a bit too high). This should be helpful in choosing the next RPG to play. I should probably try to tackle the Suikodens... I've had III for so long, yet never got around to it.

I picked up xenosaga III grandia III and kingdom hearts re chain of memories at gamestop my immense backlog grows.

Here's mine off the top of my head:

Persona 3
Persona 4
Tales of Legendia
Valkyrie Profile 2
Xenosaga
Xenosaga 2
Xenosaga 3
Grandia 2
Grandia 3
Dawn of Mana
Tales of the Abyss

Well, this is gonna be really embarrassing, but here goes:

• .hack//INFECTION
  • Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia
  • Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny
  • Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
  • Baroque
  • Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
  • Code Age Commanders: Tsugu Mono Tsuga Reru Mono
  • Dark Could 2/Dark Chronicle
  • Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
  • Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
  • Drakan: The Ancients' Gates
  • Drakengard 2
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy XII
  • Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts II (JPN ver.)
  • Musashi: Samurai Legend
  • Odin Sphere
  • PoPoLoCrois: Tsuki no Okite no Bouken
  • Rogue Galaxy (JPN ver.)
  • Sagashi ni Ikouyo
  • Shadow Hearts: Covenant
  • Shadow Hearts: From the New World
  • Shadow Tower Abyss
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3
  • Suikoden V
  • Summon Night EX-Thesis: Yoake no Tsubasa
  • Tales of Destiny: Director's Cut
  • Tales of Destiny 2
  • Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden II: Manji Maru
  • Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden III: Namida
  • Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
  • Wild Arms 3
  • Wild Arms 4
  • Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille zur Macht
  • Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gut und Böse
  • Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra

Red = Won't play until I beat previous games in the series.
Green = Could beat within a few hours either because I'm very far into the game or because they're just really short.
Blue = Don't really count because I already beat other versions of them.
Gray = Imports on dual-layer discs I can't play because they won't run using Swap Magic.

PS2 RPGs I have beaten:

• Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • PoPoLoCrois: Hajimari no Bouken
  • Radiata Stories
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  • Tales of Rebirth
  • Tales of Legendia
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Yakuza
  • Yakuza 2

As you can see, my list of beaten PS2 RPGs is dwarved by my backlog, and they're all action games with the exception of Dragon Quest VIII and PoPoLoCrois 3, which says a lot about my taste in RPGs. It certainly doesn't help that I bought PoPoLoCrois 3 & 4, Tengai Makyou 2 & 3, Shadow Tower Abyss, Sagashi ni Ikouyo, Summon Night Ex-Thesis and Code Age Commanders all at the same time earlier this year while I was in Japan. Most of them I only tried out for a few mins.

In any case, most of these games I still hope to beat at some point in the future, but some of them I've pretty much given up on. When you have enough money to buy multiple games a month, it's pretty hard to go back to some of your older ones you abandoned long ago for whatever stupid reason.

I don't have the time to sit through all these RPGs anymore, I wish I did though... :/

RPG-wise on PS2, I have about 60 that I haven't even put into my PS2 yet. I plan to finish them all at some point in my life. I will NEVER sell them off however, that's for sure, I went through too much trouble to collect them. Still am collecting them actually! Gamestop's recent B2G2 deal is really helpful on my wallet lol.

Yes, an incredible amount. Unfortunately, my PS2 doesn't work and most of the games probably won't work either. So, I have to buy another PS2 soon, especially because I bought 4 games today at Gamestop (really 2, got 2 for free).

PS2?? LOL!! I still have just about every PS1 RPG to beat! One day when I'm old and retired I might get a chance to get started on them all.

I just discovered many of these in the last 2 years so I have bought more than I have played. Currently finishing up Dragon Quest VIII, and then I want to start .hack or Xenosaga. When they get a PSP version they are much easier to finish.

I have a lot of RPG's to beat that are from the PS2, heck as a few other people said I still got some games from systems before that even to go through. I buy a lot of RPG's play them for like a week then take a break and while I will eventually come back I have too many to beat them all in a timely manner.

Backloggery is blocked from work where I can see what exact count is but feel free to click on the link below and tell me.

bread's done
Back