[DEAD] Call of Duty WaW & COD 4 $9.99 360/PS3/Wii @ TRU B&M (Dead Online)

cynicalaa22

CAGiversary!
Edit: It seems this deal is dead online, try in-store or grab a flyer and try a price match somewhere.

World at War for all consoles except PS3 are OOS right now, but the deal is also in-store.

All Call of Duty games are $10 off for the week, so COD 4 is also $9.99 for all consoles.

World at War

360 - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3326915

PS3 - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11643526

Wii - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3326927

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

360 - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3077113

PS3 - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3077114

Here's the ad - http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...d-these-SUPER-DEALS-and-more-in-this-weeks-ad

Last edited by a moderator:
COD Modern Warfare Reflex for Wii has been on clearance in store for $9.98 for a long time now. If you happen to find one, would it ring up free?

Maybe its just me but I never could get into WAW. Nazi Zombies was fun but the MP and SP werent that great to me, at least compared to COD 4 and MW2. Still, for $10 this is a good deal for anybody who hasnt played it yet

[quote name='GamerDude316']Maybe its just me but I never could get into WAW. Nazi Zombies was fun but the MP and SP werent that great to me, at least compared to COD 4 and MW2. Still, for $10 this is a good deal for anybody who hasnt played it yet[/QUOTE]

I'm like the opposite. I loved WAW and really like BLOPS, but couldn't get into MW and MW2.

These games at these prices are an obv no brainer for anyone who for whatever reason hasn't played these games. $10 is a hard price to pass up on, especially if your talking about cod4, aka one of the most iconic games of the 360 era.

I have both games already but I would strongly suggest people bite on this deal. Good find op

I've been reading that both Call of Duty 4 and World at War's multiplayer have been hacked with people able to spam you messages, and alter the game play so that guns don't shoot, or bullets don't hurt, as well as have random images appear on your screen. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Activision is doing anything to address this, since the games are so old.

Just a heads up, in case you haven't bought these games yet and are looking to try online out on either.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I've been reading that both Call of Duty 4 and World at War's multiplayer have been hacked with people able to spam you messages, and alter the game play so that guns don't shoot, or bullets don't hurt, as well as have random images appear on your screen. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Activision is doing anything to address this, since the games are so old.

Just a heads up, in case you haven't bought these games yet and are looking to try online out on either.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the above. If you're looking to get these games to play multiplayer legit, good luck getting into an unhacked game. I traded mine in for this very reason.

Although I hate BO, I play it because of the lack of hacks (trading this POS in as soon as BF3 and MW3 release).

Decent deal though if you're interested in the campaign.

Both are oos locally for me. If I price match at walmart or target(best buy doesn't have these in stock either) will I be able go with the ad? The ad just says $10 off, but it doesn't say $10 so im worried they wont want to

[quote name='MrSoloLobo']Both are oos locally for me. If I price match at walmart or target(best buy doesn't have these in stock either) will I be able go with the ad? The ad just says $10 off, but it doesn't say $10 so im worried they wont want to[/QUOTE]

Check what their prices are. They could just take $10 off their own price.

COD 4 is definitely worth it at that price. I play it every now and then. Though trying to find a game where there are no hackers/mods is a bit annoying. There are still people that play this online.

WAW and MW are indeed 19.99 in-store, so they are 9.99 w/10 off. Also, in-store all clearance games are 50% off. Not a bad deal if you can find some decent titles on clearance.

WaW is good for co-op campaign. The big problem is you'd have to actually play through the campaign first to unlock the co-op mode. Highly recommended if you have not played Nazi Zombies yet.

I just price matched both copies at Best Buy. They tried to just take 10 off their price but a manager had to override it.

[quote name='wildcat0227']I just price matched both copies at Best Buy. They tried to just take 10 off their price but a manager had to override it.[/QUOTE]

Did you take in the ad or did they call?

[quote name='Ma12kez']COD 4 is definitely worth it at that price. I play it every now and then. Though trying to find a game where there are no hackers/mods is a bit annoying. There are still people that play this online.[/QUOTE]

Today I encountered a cheater/hacker for the first time on Modern Warfare on PS3.
I joined a server and didnt pick my class and spawned right away - and instead it automatically was spectating on a player. And suddenly I see it shows "God mode, Invisible" and a bunch of more options and I was like "WTF IS THIS"? Did I activate a code or something by accident or something? But then when I spawned I realized it wasnt me, and it was indeed the player some one named "Crazyboy" I was emptying my p90 clip right in his face and he wasnt dying. I then realized for a fact he was cheating.
Didnt know people can cheat online like that on the PS3.

If you want these, get them for the single player or co-op. Online multiplayer doesn't exist anymore because of hackers. You will have a hard time finding a legit lobby. Activision has abandoned these games.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Today I encountered a cheater/hacker for the first time on Modern Warfare on PS3.
I joined a server and didnt pick my class and spawned right away - and instead it automatically was spectating on a player. And suddenly I see it shows "God mode, Invisible" and a bunch of more options and I was like "WTF IS THIS"? Did I activate a code or something by accident or something? But then when I spawned I realized it wasnt me, and it was indeed the player some one named "Crazyboy" I was emptying my p90 clip right in his face and he wasnt dying. I then realized for a fact he was cheating.
Didnt know people can cheat online like that on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, reminds of when I got Socom 1 because I thought no one could hack in a console game. Best shooter ever otherwise :(

I was going to go grab WaW for the coop and zombies but then I remeber how I hate the split screen method. I had the PS3 version, is there a way to get full split screen for 360?

[quote name='MrSoloLobo']Did you take in the ad or did they call?[/QUOTE]

They had to call to verify but I didn't have to bring in the ad.

[quote name='ssjmichael']should be this price regularly by now tbh[/QUOTE]

Agreed. These games, while awesome, are quite old at this point.

I just went to Toysrus, walmart, target and best buy and all are OOS! I swear I saw them at walmart and target last week. I have another walmart on the other side of town but idk if I should even bother :(

[quote name='The Ebbtide']I've been reading that both Call of Duty 4 and World at War's multiplayer have been hacked with people able to spam you messages, and alter the game play so that guns don't shoot, or bullets don't hurt, as well as have random images appear on your screen. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Activision is doing anything to address this, since the games are so old.

Just a heads up, in case you haven't bought these games yet and are looking to try online out on either.[/QUOTE]
Supposedly, there's a CoD4 patch in the works to fix all the hacking and random infections. Skip to 10:19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd7HsCI6MnE

Who knows if it will actually see the light of day though. =\

CoD4 and W@W are worth the $10 even if you only play the campaigns.

I want to buy since it's a decent price, but 1. I don't like red boxes for PS3, 2. I feel like I already have too many FPS.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I want to buy since it's a decent price, but 1. I don't like red boxes for PS3, 2. I feel like I already have too many FPS.[/QUOTE]

I dont like red case too. BUT i bought waw and mw 9.99 each today morning. I will trade to amazon when im done..

[quote name='kouleefoh']I want to buy since it's a decent price, but 1. I don't like red boxes for PS3, 2. I feel like I already have too many FPS.[/QUOTE]

i got a non-red version of WaW. there were actually no red boxes of WaW tehre.thanks op!

I sold CoD4 a few months ago, regretted it rather recently. Hopefully I can get down to my TRU this week and see if it's still in stock for the PS3.

bread's done
Back